Bills @ Chargers post game thread

Fan in Chicago

6 minutes ago, Rew said:

You commit to scoring or commit to burning clock.  Against this team, each play where the clock kept running increased our chances of winning.  If we scored quick, we had to make a 2 point still.

Why does the game always have to end on defense

Why did the game have to end the way it did?

Could it not have ended say scoring quick, 4 minutes left. Get a stop in a minute then run the clock out? 

Why is it always defensively oriented

Why is it always score with as little time as possible?

If the bills and Josh Allen had 30 seconds left to get into FG range what's your confidence in winning the game?

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Iverwig said:

I don’t ever want to hear him do another Bills game again. Idiotic takes and extreme bias towards the other teams the Bills are playing. How can anyone go on and on about this Chargers team is mind boggling. 

To be honest I can stand him more than I can stand Nantz and Romo.

When they do a game, it’s MUTED all game. 

• Disagree 2

30 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

It's hard to win when you lose TO battle 0-3 but we just did it.

Oliver and Bernard saved the day with huge sacks.

Ugly win but still a win. 6 more to go.

Exactly right, if you fumble punts, backs fumble carries deep in your own end you’re probably gonna lose. Good teams find a way to overcome. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Ugly win but a win is a win, this was your classic trap game and Bills played down to their opponent. .  They need to get ready for Pats and not wait until late in the 4th quarter to win. The longer lesser teams are in the game the more risky of losing it becomes

The positives were our defence making plays when we needed them,  Oliver was lights out in that 4th quarter and may have saved our season

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

38 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Most important game of the season and the Bills beat a team that just fired their HC/GM, and missing their starting QB, #1/#2WR, C, and starting DE by 2 points.  This is the same ***** we pulled against the Dolphins in the playoffs last year.  McD rarely has this team ready to play.  They are the dumbest, most undisciplined team in the league.  I don’t care what happens the remainder of this season, I will never be sold on McDingus as the HC.

I understand different folks have different viewpoints, but I had a little look and I didn't see you expressing this view last week after the Cowboys game.

Can it be you're a bit of a...Weather Vane?

• Haha (+1) 4

Tougher game than many expected but not surprising with the coaching change and having no real idea what they would do on offense or defense.

Bills adjusted, took the lead but mistakes, penalties and turnovers helped the Chargers take the lead and kept them in it...

Allen did what he needed to do to lead them down the field to take the lead late and then Oliver and the D shut the door again.

Good win on a short week traveling across country to play a highly motivated team that was just embarrassed the week before and had a lot of moving pieces that you had to try and figure out on the fly.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Could it not have ended say scoring quick, 4 minutes left. Get a stop in a minute then run the clock out? 

If the bills and Josh Allen had 30 seconds left to get into FG range what's your confidence in winning the game?

I agree,  if the drive after Chargers got their FG to get within 2 points.  You have the better QB,  you go down the field passing the ball and take control of the game

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Beast said:

I’m sure it was a tough game in that the Chargers probably did implement a few wrinkles the Bills hadn’t seen on film. They had 9 days to prepare.

On the other hand, just a sloppy offensive/special teams game. All 3 of those Bills turnovers were just horrible.

The W is all that matters. Fix the sloppiness.

Special teams will be their downfall!! From turnovers to dumb penalties, McDermott will have another scapegoat albeit legit. Siran Neal has some of the dumbest penalties and plays on special teams, consistently. It's mind blowing to me

• Agree 3

20 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Yes, but all the talk of "no one wants to face the Bills in the playoffs" is out the window now, right? Since, you know, they looked like garbage, and won by the skin of their teeth against an inferior opponent. 

The sad reality is that they came within inches of being "the same old Bills." The "they're hot and steamrolling into the playoffs" is just a pipe dream now. Likely one and done.

Bring on the blinders wearing homer thumbs downs and red Xs. LOL

This is the epitome of “I only watch highlights of other teams but scrutinize everything the Bills do.” 

Saying no one wants to face them doesn’t mean they are going to the Super Bowl, but they won’t be an easy out. You’re just having an easy reaction to a tough win. Maybe that makes you feel better if they do lose in the playoffs, I don’t know, but every team that’s about to be in the playoffs has ugly wins on their resume. I’ll take an ugly win every day of the week-it’s the NFL, every team can win on any day

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, Comebackkid said:

mostly self inflicted ...some bad tackling and turn overs.   chargers were trying to rip every ball out and succeeded a couple times.   play calling was marginal.   o line fell back to earth like a brick.  

Well a win is a win. Hang out hat that we are still in the mix and headed in the right direction. 

Hopefully this was just a slight dip momentarily and not a thing to come as these next 2 games are a massive end to the year. 

40 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Most important game of the season and the Bills beat a team that just fired their HC/GM, and missing their starting QB, #1/#2WR, C, and starting DE by 2 points.  This is the same ***** we pulled against the Dolphins in the playoffs last year.  McD rarely has this team ready to play.  They are the dumbest, most undisciplined team in the league.  I don’t care what happens the remainder of this season, I will never be sold on McDingus as the HC.

What are teams records the week after they fire their coach?  I bet they have a winning record over the last 5 years.  Teams are usually amped up for the game, lots of changes are made, the opponent has no real idea what they are going to do on offense or defense and have to basically gameplan flying blind and adjust on the fly and after being completely embarrassed the week before, they wanted to atone for that.  

We got the best the Chargers had to give and we took it and ended up winning in the end even without our best game.  The D played well for the most part, offense was frustrating for a lot of he night but the Chargers had a really solid game  plan and changed a lot of what they did for the game, especially with Derwin James playing near the LOS a lot more.  

I get what you are saying, but I think you don't realize that in these situations, a lot of times those teams actually win...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Big Blitz said:

And yet we’re an Eagles 59 yard absurd FG in the rain from being 5-0

Apparently that is the definition of “fine” to some here for your number 1 guy…

Same people that want to throw Gabe Davis out on the stake and burn him. Weird, cause when Gabe posts that stat line it’s a problem for a #2 but acceptable for a dawg like Diggs…

44 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

and the winner for worst take in this thread goes too….

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

How the hell were they still alive even today lol they were 5-9? 

8-9 still had a path to a wild card spot.  Pretty much every game had to go a certain way over the next 3 weeks, but possible.  I guess, in TBD terms it was a "somewhat probable" chance to making the playoffs.

• Haha (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Because James Cook fumbled the ball, and forced the Bills into desperation mode at the end. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

We can thank Giff for using the handy old school “ take the points” approach.  He had some chances to put more pressure on the Bills

He did the right thing taking the points and if we don’t get that 3rd down Shakir catch or Diggs 3rd down catch, we were looking at a crushing loss. Those guys played inspired ball and Josh missed some throws. We had some bad penalties with the turnovers but our defense was enormous and forced 5 FGs. We’ll play better next week guaranteed.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.