Bills Game on Peacock- No Commercials in the 4th Quarter !

jethro_tull

First ever for a televised game- no commercials in the 4th quarter!  

I would gladly subscribe to Peacock if they kept that up.  

"If you stick around for the fourth quarter of Saturday night’s Peacock-exclusive game between the Bills and the Chargers, you won’t see Jake from State Farm. Unless he’s at the game.

NBC announced on Thursday that, for the first time ever, the fourth quarter of an NFL game will be broadcast without commercial interruption.

“We are proud to work with our partners at the NFL to present this first-of-its kind experience,” NBC Sports president Rick Cordella said. “NBC Sports’ best-in-class NFL production, Peacock’s fan-friendly viewer experience, and this innovative advertising model will allow NFL fans an exciting new way to watch the game’s conclusion.”

Unless the Chargers actually, you know, try this time, there’s a good chance that a running clock would be a more ideal innovation. That said, the experiment will give folks a reason to stick around, even if the Bills are comfortably ahead and the Chargers have comfortably thrown in the towel.

Unless you’re in L.A. or Buffalo, the only way to see the Bills-Charger game will be through Peacock. It has a deep and robust library of films, series, and live shows — including PFT Live, Monday through Friday at 7:00 a.m. ET.

On Saturday, game coverage begins at 3:00 p.m. ET on NBC and Peacock. First Bengals-Steelers will be televised by NBC and Peacock, before the 8:00 p.m. ET Bills-Chargers game, only on Peacock."

Edited by jethro_tull
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 1

Does that mean I'll get to bed at a reasonable time? 

Memo to the NFL: please, please, please punish the Bills for their disappointing losses this year with no more than 2 prime time games in 2024. It is bad for my sleep pattern, bad for my work performance and bad for my annual leave allowance to keep making us play 6 or 7 prime time games at stupid o'clock in the morning UK time. If you don't heed my request we will send you Boris Johnson back and he can ***** up your country too. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Memo to the NFL: please, please, please punish the Bills for their disappointing losses this year with no more than 2 prime time games in 2024. It is bad for my sleep pattern, bad for my work performance and bad for my annual leave allowance to keep making us play 6 or 7 prime time games at stupid o'clock in the morning UK time. If you don't heed my request we will send you Boris Johnson back and he can ***** up your country too. 

Remind us, again, what your annual leave allowance is?

• Haha (+1) 1

The NFL is doing the nation a favor by getting a running start on instituting the mercy rule for this game, knowing the Bills are going to clobber the Bolts:

35-POINT MERCY RULE

Rule 3-1-2:
Running clock: Upon completion of the first half
of an interscholastic football game at any level of
competition or anytime during the second half
when a team gains a 35-point differential over its
opponent,
the clock shall be stopped only when an
official’s time-out is taken, a charged time-out is
granted, a period ends or a score occurs. Once
implemented, the mercy rule remains in effect,
even if the differential becomes less than 35
points.

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, stosh64 said:

It's a F#n paid streaming service, there should be NO commercials.

Should be? I would prefer that to be the case, sure, but businesses only need to make concessions when there is legitimate competition in a field, and unless you live in the area you have nowhere else to turn to watch Buffalo Football.

In the eyes of the Peacock making the game be 65% commercials instead of 80% is a huge concession! Aren't you glad that you get this great service provided to you for "free" with your subscription? :D

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Dancing Fool said:

Should be? I would prefer that to be the case, sure, but businesses only need to make concessions when there is legitimate competition in a field, and unless you live in the area you have nowhere else to turn to watch Buffalo Football.

In the eyes of the Peacock making the game be 65% commercials instead of 80% is a huge concession! Aren't you glad that you get this great service provided to you for "free" with your subscription? :D

There are always options...NFLBITE.COM

I really hate television and stopped watching years ago, except NFL.  I can't imagine paying all these different 'services' now, especially seeing as 95% or more of the 'programming' on said services is utter crap or just downright propaganda.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, MasterStrategist said:

Commercial OR listen to Collinsworth for an additional 2 minutes....

tough tradeoff

14 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

Why can’t they just make us watch an hour of commercials first then the game uninterrupted?

13 hours ago, RiotAct said:

oh Gawd.  😂

Yeah now that you mention it, I’d probably rather have the commercials

11 hours ago, Gugny said:

If this means I have to watch those old sluts slide down that hill ONE MORE TIME, I am getting my $6 back. 

11 minutes ago, Bogie_Klinkhammer said:

I am not watching a freaking game without commercials....it's un-American 

Be careful what you wish for...they will be Chris Collinsworth commercials!!

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

30 days. If yours is less, move to a better country with proper employment rights 🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

Why you comin’ at me, bro?

Darn, when autocorrect had the most opportune time to fail yet doesn't:cry:

• Haha (+1) 1

19 hours ago, jethro_tull said:

First ever for a televised game- no commercials in the 4th quarter!  

I would gladly subscribe to Peacock if they kept that up.  

"If you stick around for the fourth quarter of Saturday night’s Peacock-exclusive game between the Bills and the Chargers, you won’t see Jake from State Farm. Unless he’s at the game.

NBC announced on Thursday that, for the first time ever, the fourth quarter of an NFL game will be broadcast without commercial interruption.

“We are proud to work with our partners at the NFL to present this first-of-its kind experience,” NBC Sports president Rick Cordella said. “NBC Sports’ best-in-class NFL production, Peacock’s fan-friendly viewer experience, and this innovative advertising model will allow NFL fans an exciting new way to watch the game’s conclusion.”

Unless the Chargers actually, you know, try this time, there’s a good chance that a running clock would be a more ideal innovation. That said, the experiment will give folks a reason to stick around, even if the Bills are comfortably ahead and the Chargers have comfortably thrown in the towel.

Unless you’re in L.A. or Buffalo, the only way to see the Bills-Charger game will be through Peacock. It has a deep and robust library of films, series, and live shows — including PFT Live, Monday through Friday at 7:00 a.m. ET.

On Saturday, game coverage begins at 3:00 p.m. ET on NBC and Peacock. First Bengals-Steelers will be televised by NBC and Peacock, before the 8:00 p.m. ET Bills-Chargers game, only on Peacock."

Tell me you couldn't sell the ad time on your garbage streaming service without telling me you couldn't sell the ad time on your garbage streaming service.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, stosh64 said:

It's a F#n paid streaming service, there should be NO commercials.

As is "cable" TV. The business model is subscription fees keep the lights on and advertising provides an opportunity to grow profit (especially for one off events and hit shows). Also they can grow the profit faster than raising subscription fees. It's not that I disagree with you, but hey they are in it to make a profit not provide a service.

This says to me they think this game will be such a dog they couldn't sell any/enough ads. In response they create a marketing message that may get people to tune in to see "no ads" there by hopefully bumping the numbers for the first part of the game and creating some novelty without reducing the value of the first 3/4s of ad time to insignificance. Remember they are selling time they need "limit the resource" to increase the price.

Edited by Starr-Bills
typo/clarity

22 minutes ago, Starr-Bills said:

As is "cable" TV. The business model is subscription fees keep the lights on and advertising provides an opportunity to grow profit (especially for one off events and hit shows). Also they can grow the profit faster than raising subscription fees. It's not that I disagree with you, but hey they are in it to make a profit not provide a service.

This says to me they think this game will be such a dog they couldn't sell any/enough ads. In response they create a marketing message that may get people to tune in to see "no ads" there by hopefully bumping the numbers for the first part of the game and creating some novelty without reducing the value of the first 3/4s of ad time to insignificance. Remember they are selling time they need "limit the resource" to increase the price.

greed.png?w=900

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I'm guessing the commercial time will be replaced with some interminable alterative content that will keep you up just as late.

I'm sure none of it will be glorified advertising extolling the indisputable virtues of Peacock's superior streaming services. :rolleyes:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.