Dallas @ Buffalo Postgame Thread

HappyDays

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

This narrative is killing me…like yes technically you are correct that we can win out and not make it but it is a 1 in thousands chance.  Any one of the below happening gets us in at 11 wins:

any jags loss

Any bengals loss

and colts loss

any Baltimore win 

Miami losing to one of Dallas/baltimore

Cleveland losing to Houston or nyj

We’d need like 10 games to all go perfectly against us to not get in

if cincy loses to pit Saturday we instantly control our own destiny before our game is even played 

The Bills are banging on the door.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

The Bills are banging on the door.

It made me cringe hearing the announcers say we don’t control our own destiny without adding it would take an absolute miracle to keep us out at 11 wins 😂

it’s about as close as you can get to controlling your own destiny without technically doing so 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Great set up for next week, the Phins will be sniffing their own farts all week after skunking the Jets 30-0, and the Cowboys just got humiliated by the Bills in the marquee game of the weekend and will be looking to put things right.  

I like it!

Go Dallas!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

Are people having trouble tonight following the conversation?  OldMan said the Bills haven't had a running performance like that since OJ.  Running.  What difference does it OJ's receiving make in a conversation about Cook's running. 

But, if you want to have a conversation about OJ's receiving ability, he was an excellent receiver.  He was a receiver before he became a running back, and as a receiver with the Bills, he was excellent.  He wasn't targeted as often as Thurman, but his yards per reception were better than Thurman's.  His touchdown production as a receiver was better, on a percentage basis, than Thurman's  

Great as Thurman was, put OJ in the K-gun and the Bills might have won four Super Bowls in a row.  

Shaw, Thanks for your post

You said "That was a special performance" not "that was a special running performance".  I get it that you feel that was implied by the previous series of posts, but this isn't software which makes it easy to break out and read sub-threads.

In another post, @K-9 helpfully pointed out that running backs of that era weren't often used as receivers, which would be why I didn't remember him as such.

Peace out

Edited by Beck Water

27 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

It made me cringe hearing the announcers say we don’t control our own destiny without adding it would take an absolute miracle to keep us out at 11 wins 😂

it’s about as close as you can get to controlling your own destiny without technically doing so 

What made me cringe was watching the Browns, Texans, and Bengals pull last-minute wins out of their butts.  If any two of the Bears, Titans, or Vikings played like professionals, the Bills would be in a wild card slot already.  (The Browns win was the toughest to take, with a Hail Mary that worked until the receiver didn't hold on to the ball. But, the Bears.)  Those earlier games could be seen as the football gods saying no to the Bills.  Or they could be seen as saying, OK Buffalo do what you should have been doing all season, and be playing your best football when you get in.  

• Like (+1) 5

Just now, Utah John said:

What made me cringe was watching the Browns, Texans, and Bengals pull last-minute wins out of their butts.  If any two of the Bears, Titans, or Vikings played like professionals, the Bills would be in a wild card slot already.  (The Browns win was the toughest to take, with a Hail Mary that worked until the receiver didn't hold on to the ball. But, the Bears.)  Those earlier games could be seen as the football gods saying no to the Bills.  Or they could be seen as saying, OK Buffalo do what you should have been doing all season, and be playing your best football when you get in.  

Yea that was rough but if we had to choose that catastrophic dolphins collapse last week or these wildcard teams dropping back a game I’d take the dolphins loss…we cashed in all our luck on that one is how I’m lookin at it 😂. We got some pretty good help up until this week too 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Wow, Stephen A Smith been hitting the "Holiday Cheer"

4 minutes ago, Utah John said:

I look at it as laying it out for the Bills that they can still control their own destiny, but don't count on any help; get out there, take care of bizness, and get it done.

• Agree 1

48 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

On the late NFL Network show, MJD said he just doesn't see a way the Bills can make the playoffs even if they win out because of the conference loses. 

• Haha (+1) 4

4 hours ago, Mango said:

That’s by far the biggest and maybe only plus from games on fox.

Was the announcer duo their A team?  That was promoted as the game of the week and was being broadcast in every market.
I guessing that with Amazon, NFL network, Peacock, CBS, Fox, NBC, and ESPN all doing games now, the talent in the booth has been thinned out, leaving Fox with undynamic (boring) announcers. 
I didn’t pay any attention to the music, but have never figured out that silly dancing robot/Iron man graphic or why during the broadcast, when showing player stats, they convert photos of players into cartoons. ???

• Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

My comment that we had not run the ball like that since OJ generated some comments.  My point was that, back in the day with OJ, teams knew we were going to run the ball, but couldn’t stop it because OJ was so great and because the Electric Company just blew people off the ball.  

Tonight reminded me of that.  The Cowboys knew we were going to run, but it didn’t matter.  The O line was dominant as was Cook. 

For those discussing OJ vs. Thurman, OJ was a better pure RB; Thurman a better combination back.  Both incredible players.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, IronyAbounds said:

The Texans win against the Titans really hurt in that regard. Both the Texans and Colts are likely to be 10-6 when they meet. Browns have the Jets to get their 10th. Bengals have the Steelers and Browns to get to 10. They all would hold the tie-breaker against the Bills. Colts may be the weakest of those teams and conceivably could lose to Atlanta or LV, and perhaps the Browns could beat the Texans next week, but that only opens up 1 slot for the Bills as a 7 loss team and they need 2.

We're taking the F'ing division!! We don't settle for Wildcard in the Josh era!!

Cowboys charter flew over my house on the way back to DFW last night.  American Airlines.  AAL9748.

Lousy coffee still a buck fitty five at Tim Hortons.  Hasn't been good since corporate took the apostrophe out of Tim's name. 🤨

'fitty' is not a typo.  I am working on my 'street cred'.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, zow2 said:

I also like Dallas at Miami.  The sidelines shots late in the game were telling. They were humiliated. Their manhood was stolen. They were pissed and i’m sure will have one helluva week of practice.  They will be out to prove they can beat a good team on the road, and Dallas is better than what they showed today, obviously.

I have a few big reasons in my mind why I expect Dallas to fare better vs Miami than against us:

1) A big part of the Bills success was success with the O-line while Miami's is severely banged up. I think they were onto their 3rd string center yesterday.

2) Miami's run game (from what I remember and have seen clips of) is that they run out of spread, using motion and the threat of Hill and Waddle to open up holes for Achae and Mostert. A big part of the Bills success was sticking to jumbo packages and Dan Quinn just refusing to adjust. 

3) Last week the Cowboys beat the Eagles to take the division lead. They've been riding high and got full of themselves. We saw the pictures on tackling dummies thing. Now they are going to have something to play for, especially if the Eagles win tonight.

4) Miami's defense isn't as good as ours. Yes they've gotten better than the start of the year, but trust Dallas to keep up in a boat race rather than the physical slog the Bills slapped on them.

Edit: this isn't a prediction, but anyone thinking "oh Dallas lost the Bills, how can they beat Miami..."

Also, Dallas vs Miami is two teams who blow out bad teams and get smoked by good ones. It is the ultimate, what if you tape a piece of toast butter side up on the back of a cat? Do you create a perpetual motion devise? 

Edited by WhitewalkerInPhilly
  • Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

There are some interesting threads over at Cowboyszone.com, with perhaps one of the most interesting ones titled: "I believed in you Dak, and you let me and my son down"

Is that worse than "I am DONE with this team!!!" ? 🤔

The Cowboys had a playoff berth secured going into the game.  I wonder if the disappointed fan had $5k bet on the game.

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Also, Dallas vs Miami is two teams who blow out bad teams and get smoked by good ones. It is the ultimate, what if you tape a piece of toast butter side up on the back of a cat? Do you create a perpetual motion devise? 

well right now my cat is still running around and its been like 3 hrs so maybe the answer is yes

Edited by entropyrules

10 hours ago, stevewin said:

He hurt his leg early in the game when a Bills OL got blocked into it - looked like he grabbed his knee - assume it was a contusion or they wouldn't have let him back in

He was doing all of this before his knee got hit. Probably sick with whatever a lot of their players had. 

Nothing better than a Dominate win with a good number of execution issues on tape to keep humble and coach too. 

example the drops 

11 hours ago, Beck Water said:

What did he tell them?

Something along the lines of go out now and take their heart. 

what followed was a 3 and out and a 8:30 min scoring drive that ended in 3 

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

I think both Buffalo and Miami get into the Playoffs. The Miami Dolphins are going to win the AFC East and then lose to the Buffalo Bills in Wildcard Game at Miami in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

I don't think the Bills chances of getting in as a WC are good. The tiebreakers are against them with too many AFC losses. Division is very much in play. Bills need to go 2-0 leading up to the Dolphins game. Nothing guaranteed but they should beat the Chargers and Pats. I think there is a very good chance Miami drops one to either the Cowboys or Ravens. Dallas is pissed off. The last time they got blown out (49ers) they won 5 straight after that game. The Ravens in Baltimore will be a tough game for Miami with the Ravens looking to clinch the #1 seed as well as win the division.

1 hour ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

There are some interesting threads over at Cowboyszone.com, with perhaps one of the most interesting ones titled: "I believed in you Dak, and you let me and my son down"

Had to check it out.  It gets better in the actual post when the guy says he would give Dak an uppercut if he saw him.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.