It’s Dallas week and the Division is on the line!

Einstein

20 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Then who do we bench?  Slim to none that McD will activate an extra WR just to get him a few snaps each game imo

17 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

I am absolutely not debating the value of Davis and think that this is his last season with the Bills. But at least we know his pros and cons. Shorter is too unknown at this point. 

Also, while I am fine with a few snaps, I rather not take up a roster spot. If he is showing better than Sheffield in practices, that is a better swap

That's what I see as more likely. Harty and Sherfield are definitely at the back end, and Sherfield is at the end of his deal. In my mind, that's the bar he has to cross. 

I'd like to see what we have. I don't think anyone on the board would oppose the idea of taking a receiver in the top 2 rounds this year but a developing 4 or 5th option (Diggs, draft or FA #2, Shakir, Shorter) doesn't seem crazy to me.

Just now, CNYfan said:

Micah Parsons v. Spencer Brown, to my amateur eyes, is a mismatch made in hell.   

Oh yeah, I expect Knox to be glued to the man's hips on most snaps

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:
3 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

Oh yeah, I expect Knox to be glued to the man's hips on most snaps

Knox should wear a Gronk sized brace on his wrist and block strong. He can catch with his teeth or something 

• Haha (+1) 2

On 12/12/2023 at 11:06 AM, Avisan said:

Can you (or somebody else) fill me in on why he seems to be so disliked here?  He seems like a good, solid coach and can't recall anything in particular that he has done to draw ire.

I remember some weird decisions in bills games.  like 2019 when he decided to send his kicker out for 53 yard FG on 4th and 5 when said kicker had missed 2 shorter FGs already and they were down a TD.  I remember being shocked they were even attempting it and of course it was also a miss.

31 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I mean, I know he's not going to be the focus. But please stop me if I am wrong here: does anyone on this board want the Bills to bid on Gabe Davis over the offseason? I don't want him back unless it's at rock bottom price, and the league has a history of massively overpaying #2 WRs. 

With the production we've seen from Davis, unless he really catches a hot streak is it crazy to give Shorter a few snaps each game?

Rookies always have a learning curve.  At this juncture, wouldn't it make more sense to give Shakir or Cook or Kincaid those few more snaps?

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

Regardless of the RT is, Parsons is always a mismatch in Cowboys favour. Brown has had a nice season and the Bills will game plan for Parsons using multiple strategies.

Oddly enough I think the Bills coaches do a good job when trying to minimize elite edge rushers.

That being said, I expect Parsons to get his wins and I also expect Allen to frustrate him during those wins.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

27 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

Parsons against any RT other than Lane Johnson is a mismatch.  So what?  We'll deal with it, just like every team does who has to play Dallas.  FWIW, Brown's play this year has been better than average for an NFL RT... 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

I don't see any way this is not a high scoring game.  Bills have not played many games with each team scoring a lot of points, twice last year against Miami they barely won.  I just don't see Bills defensive backs stopping Dak. If Seattle can score 35 points on Cowboys, no excuse for Bills not to be able to score. But will they be able to score enough? Can't have these dropped passes, interceptions, penalties etc. to kill drives. 

2 hours ago, CNYfan said:

This is certainly true, but there is a tiny upside here; at least in relation to other teams that have to deal with Parsons.

The Bills have spent soooo much time and effort this year covering Spencer Brown's keister that it is now a standard part of their offense.

They will not have to spend extra time installing new protections and they are less liable to make mistakes with their timing than other teams who are less accustomed to it.

2 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I can't help but wonder what constitutes  a "limited" walkthrough.

A saunter by?

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Simon said:

This is certainly true, but there is a tiny upside here; at least in relation to other teams that have to deal with Parsons.

The Bills have spent soooo much time and effort this year covering Spencer Brown's keister that it is now a standard part of their offense.

They will not have to spend extra time installing new protections and they are less liable to make mistakes with their timing than other teams who are less accustomed to it.

A saunter through?

I think they get to wear Healies. More of a "roll through " for them.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

You don't think Brown can handle him?  Brown is quietly having an all pro like season. 

With no disrespect meant for Spencer Brown, there aren't too many people on the planet that can "handle" Parsons.   

... Just like there aren't too many defenses that can handle Josh.

Play makers will make plays on both sides of the ball.

• Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Simon said:

A saunter by?

haha.   They estimate what the players status would have been in a normal Thursday or Friday practice.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, mannc said:

Parsons against any RT other than Lane Johnson is a mismatch.  So what?  We'll deal with it, just like every team does who has to play Dallas.  FWIW, Brown's play this year has been better than average for an NFL RT... 

Does Parsons always line up on the RT?  Doesn't he move around?

Say more about the metrics or observations that lead you to tag Brown as "better than average", please?

50 minutes ago, teef said:

i just learned that there will be corgi races at halftime.  this is our super bowl people.

How.  Do.  I. Get.  Video. Of. This.

Corgi Races 😍

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Does Parsons always line up on the RT?  Doesn't he move around?

Say more about the metrics or observations that lead you to tag Brown as "better than average", please?

How.  Do.  I. Get.  Video. Of. This.

Corgi Races 😍

Frenchies are also good.

8 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Forget that.

I want to see you talk newcam into telling us more about his current All Pro season.

P.S.

Just sent you a package. If you have a guy at a gate, tell him to be looking for a bushel of Corgis next Tuesday morning. Merry Christmas.

• Haha (+1) 1

Who is our rooting interests this week? Most are obvious with our wild card competition playing NFC teams. But do we want Colts or Steelers? If the NFC teams and Titians can all Win this week along with us beating the Cowboys, we would be in good shape for a good playoff spot 

Edited by Braedenstearns

May have already been posted as I skipped some pages in this thread.  Get loud Bills Mafia!

I knew Dallas D was good but I didn't know they have a guy with 6 pick 6's damn.  This game is going to be a challenge.  Dallas is on a roll.  One of the few D's in the league that have both a good pass rush and a good back end.

Josh comments about his relationship with McD somewhere around the 9:45 mark.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Braedenstearns said:

Who is our rooting interests this week? Most are obvious with our wild card competition playing NFC teams. But do we want Colts or Steelers? If the NFC teams and Titians can all Win this week along with us beating the Cowboys, we would be in good shape for a good playoff spot 

Lions, Jets and Steelers, baby!!!

EDIT: and the Titans.

Edited by RiotAct

8 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

May have already been posted as I skipped some pages in this thread.  Get loud Bills Mafia!

I knew Dallas D was good but I didn't know they have a guy with 6 pick 6's damn.  This game is going to be a challenge.  Dallas is on a roll.  One of the few D's in the league that have both a good pass rush and a good back end.

Gee, his comments about the Cowboys D almost makes me think he (gasp) watches film of his upcoming opponents as opposed to hanging out in Hollywood between games 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

What did you make of Josh's remarks?

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

May have already been posted as I skipped some pages in this thread.  Get loud Bills Mafia

He does have 6 pick 6's, but Seattle went after him and torched him.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, mannc said:

Did you his whiff on the first throw from scrimmage last game? Allen got the pass off to Cook for a big gain, but only with the DE in his face, courtesy of Brown, who was faked out of his jock strap and fell to the ground. That's our "better than average" right tackle. He's been so awful, mediocre/awful looks good to us. 

Hoping that Van Demark or Tommy Doyle can replace him next year. He represents a serious weakness on the team. 

• Dislike 1

47 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

What did you make of Josh's remarks?

I'm not sure to be honest. Not really anything bad really..  Doesn't sound like he hates his coach or anything, but I never thought he did.

I would say that to me it doesn't sound like he has a very strong relationship with his coach like he did with Daboll or like Mahomes has with Reid.  It also doesn't sound like he has a bad relationship with him.  Just not a strong connecting one.  That could just be because McD is a defensive coach and they just don't have the time together like he would with an offensive coach.

8 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I'm not sure to be honest. Not really anything bad really..  Doesn't sound like he hates his coach or anything, but I never thought he did.

I would say that to me it doesn't sound like he has a very strong relationship with his coach like he did with Daboll or like Mahomes has with Reid.  It also doesn't sound like he has a bad relationship with him.  Just not a strong connecting one.  That could just be because McD is a defensive coach and they just don't have the time together like he would with an offensive coach.

Allen listens to sinatra

and McD listens to michael Jackson……..

What were to happen if the Bills beat Cowboys, Pats and Chargers making them 10-6 and the Dolphins lose to the Jets, Cowboys and Ravens making them 9-7. But the Dolphins beat the Bills in the last game, putting both teams at 10-7 and 1-1 head to head?

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Handicapping a corgi just seems needlessly cruel.

And redundant

12 minutes ago, Gman10 said:

What were to happen if the Bills beat Cowboys, Pats and Chargers making them 10-6 and the Dolphins lose to the Jets, Cowboys and Ravens making them 9-7. But the Dolphins beat the Bills in the last game, putting both teams at 10-7 and 1-1 head to head?

Next tie breaker is division record I think?

Then conference record if division record is tied?

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Gman10 said:

Miami would win the division

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.