It’s Dallas week and the Division is on the line!

Einstein

19 hours ago, SCBills said:

He's been lights out at home.  They run an offense where he hits the back foot and the ball is out.  They have a good OL, but it's next to impossible to pressure a guy getting the ball out that fast & decisive.

Interested to see how we defend them. 

Wasn’t that the same concern about Miami earlier this year? 

14 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Two things that really concern me about this game.

1. How will the Bills OL hold up against the Cowboys pass rush. KC especially in the 2nd half was getting after Allen pretty good. Dallas can do the same.

2. Can the Bills secondary contain CeeDee Lamb. If they can do a good job against Lamb that will go a long way containing the Cowboys offense. 

I do expect a relatively high scoring game. Definitely higher than 20-17

This pre-game national chatter reminds me of the set up prior to the home game vs. Miami earlier in the season after they put up 70 against Denver.  I expect home field advantage is going to be a big factor on Sunday.  In KC the Bills faced the standard difficulties on offense that limit the ability to audible and communicate pre-snap at the LOS.  That's something the Cowboys will need to deal with this time.  The Bills are 5-2 at home and one of those losses was London which is hardly a "home" game".   The Cowboys are night and day playing on the road vs. home.  3-3 on the road (7-0 at home) beating LAC, Giants, and Panthers.  Not exactly high level quality wins. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

You had me until you said " it may not be as difficult as we think."

When have the Bills last won an easy game? Or when is the last Bills win that hasn't been difficult? 

Been a long long time. The Cowboys are rolling and a very good team. To imply this game might not be difficult seems to be a stretch to put it kindly. 

Disagree here. Would you rather play the Cowboys on Sunday or Carolina? 

There always an outlier. Carolina stinks, but so did Jacksonville last year or the jets and oatriots this year. Buffalo barely beat the Giants and TB so it totally fine to disagree with me but there is way too many examples

of bad teams beating good ones. I mean look at what just happened to Miami. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Well my last four seasons have been: COVID, child year 0, child year 1, slowly unfogging my brain 😁

But where do you recommend? If we get to the playoffs, South Jersey Mafia?

You tell me? I'll PM you if we make it!

I like Dak and I like the Cowboys. They are a strange team historically though, and apt to either blow out bad teams or blow games in billsy style with turnovers and mistakes. Very similar to us in many ways. 

We've been competitive against recent incarnations of this team and Dak. Beating them in Dallas 4 years ago.

Dallas is not a great road team, and this will be a tough road game. 

To be frank, it would be "unlike the Cowboys" to come up here, one of the toughest road environments, in December against a very good team and win. 

Both teams are coming off big wins, but the Bills are far more desperate, playing for playoffs lives, rather than optimal seeding. 

The weather will be cold, but not too cold. No ice bowl on Sunday, but enough coupled w Billsmafia to be a factor. Keep in mind it's tough to come in here in September and win....Bills are a very good home team. 

So I favor the Bills w most of the intangibles. 

I like our ability to get the ball to our TEs quick and work Cook to mitigate some of the man to man strengths. Our D is angular and fast....we match good against them, which will slow them down enough and I'm thinking Dak and crew may make some mistakes.

I think it will s a pretty even matchup, where the intangibles and homefield will give us the W. 

• Like (+1) 5

5 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

You had me until you said " it may not be as difficult as we think."

When have the Bills last won an easy game? Or when is the last Bills win that hasn't been difficult? 

Been a long long time. The Cowboys are rolling and a very good team. To imply this game might not be difficult seems to be a stretch to put it kindly. 

Disagree here. Would you rather play the Cowboys on Sunday or Carolina? 

Yeah most thought it was a stretch to say that a 1 win Arizona team would have beat them by double digits too I'm sure.

1 minute ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Will it be Rapp at safety or Hyde? The Bills will need someone there to neutralize Jake Ferguson. He's been Dak's safety valve. The matchup there will be crucial to the Bills winning this game. IMO. 

Thought I read McDermott say Hyde and Epenesa are week to week.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, stlbills13 said:

I think I'm ready to see fournette and potentially sit Murray

I wonder if we're going to hold him until the NE/SD games just to ease him in a bit.  We would have to be extremely confident in his ability to pass-block for this game, because we're going to need it.

1 minute ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

The South Jersey wing struggle is real. The best I've had were doing double fry wings at home with Anchor Bar sauce

673182b774103c7d7867085338c579c7f64c3c1bbc9615a67724a131738566cd-3638606879.jpg

That's OK, though! What we lose in wings, we gain in arguably the best hoagies in America.

How far are you from AC? That's always an option.

Edited by Pine Barrens Mafia

2 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

This pre-game national chatter reminds me of the set up prior to the home game vs. Miami earlier in the season after they put up 70 against Denver.  I expect home field advantage is going to be a big factor on Sunday.  In KC the Bills faced the standard difficulties on offense that limit the ability to audible and communicate pre-snap at the LOS.  That's something the Cowboys will need to deal with this time.  The Bills are 5-2 at home and one of those losses was London which is hardly a "home" game".   The Cowboys are night and day playing on the road vs. home.  3-3 on the road (7-0 at home) beating LAC, Giants, and Panthers.  Not exactly high level quality wins. 

I might add that the Bills coaching staff might not be at a disadvantage either. McCarthy isn't a coach who scares me. Dan Quinn looks to be pretty solid on D though. Point being there may be a lesser chance for McD to screw the pooch. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

673182b774103c7d7867085338c579c7f64c3c1bbc9615a67724a131738566cd-3638606879.jpg

That's OK, though! What we lose in wings, we gain in arguably the best hoagies in America.

How far are you from AC? That's always an option.

It's a good hour drive, but it's usually a clear and easy one. Let's see how the playoff push goes!

And they are pretty darn good sandwiches. Even beats the Wegmans ones back in Buffalo. Though I do get cravings for the Jims Chicken Finger Subs and Stingers, because those are undefeated.

Edited by WhitewalkerInPhilly
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, BRH said:

I wonder if we're going to hold him until the NE/SD games just to ease him in a bit.  We would have to be extremely confident in his ability to pass-block for this game, because we're going to need it.

Based on the pass blocking from our RB’s in the second half, and Murray spazzing on an elite JA play, I’m ready to see what Fournette can give us over Latavius or Johnson.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/12/2023 at 5:46 PM, Big Turk said:

Interesting.

My instant guess would be he is 2nd in passing TDs behind Mahomes, but I forgot he only had 10 in his rookie year and 20 in 2019.

He is in fact 4th. It was quite a funny exercise to figure out those other 2 who are ahead of him. I was quite shocked by one, proving that my memory is short.

28 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Interesting.

My instant guess would be he is 2nd in passing TDs behind Mahomes, but I forgot he only had 10 in his rookie year and 20 in 2019.

He is in fact 4th. It was quite a funny exercise to figure out those other 2 who are ahead of him. I was quite shocked by one, proving that my memory is short.

Oh, come now.  Spill the Tea.

10 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

With the Bills fighting for their playoffs lives, I don't think McD will play a low round, unproven rookie

I mean, I know he's not going to be the focus. But please stop me if I am wrong here: does anyone on this board want the Bills to bid on Gabe Davis over the offseason? I don't want him back unless it's at rock bottom price, and the league has a history of massively overpaying #2 WRs. 

With the production we've seen from Davis, unless he really catches a hot streak is it crazy to give Shorter a few snaps each game?

Just now, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I mean, I know he's not going to be the focus. But please stop me if I am wrong here: does anyone on this board want the Bills to bid on Gabe Davis over the offseason? I don't want him back unless it's at rock bottom price, and the league has a history of massively overpaying #2 WRs. 

With the production we've seen from Davis, unless he really catches a hot streak is it crazy to give Shorter a few snaps each game?

Then who do we bench?  Slim to none that McD will activate an extra WR just to get him a few snaps each game imo

2 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I am absolutely not debating the value of Davis and think that this is his last season with the Bills. But at least we know his pros and cons. Shorter is too unknown at this point. 

Also, while I am fine with a few snaps, I rather not take up a roster spot. If he is showing better than Sheffield in practices, that is a better swap. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Warcodered said:

Yeah it is hard to emphasize how huge a loss that Titans game was for the division for them, and it was basically handed to them.

I mean I know I said we want to focus on the Bills this week, but yes, that Titans loss was huge. It is the Dolphins equivalent of our Broncos and Patriots games (ouch).

The Jets aren't giving up without a fight, and they have the D to make the Dolphins wounded O-line a liability and a dinged up Hill.

The Cowboys aren't an easy matchup and the Ravens play tough on D and can run on you. 

If the Bills don't collapse down the stretch, I see a reasonable chance of Week 18 deciding the East

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I mean I know I said we want to focus on the Bills this week, but yes, that Titans loss was huge. It is the Dolphins equivalent of our Broncos and Patriots games (ouch).

The Jets aren't giving up without a fight, and they have the D to make the Dolphins wounded O-line a liability and a dinged up Hill.

The Cowboys aren't an easy matchup and the Ravens play tough on D and can run on you. 

If the Bills don't collapse down the stretch, I see a reasonable chance of Week 18 deciding the East

I know the Bills have had some bad losses this season and nothing is guaranteed. The only game leading up to Miami that the Bills might lose is this one. I can't see the Chargers beating the Bills. That team has checked out on the season and the players know the coach is gone. They have a scrub at QB. The Bills did lose to the Pats in NE. They also lost to the Jets in NJ. What happened to the Jets in the rematch. I think the same thing will happen to NE in OP.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.