Von Miller faces arrest in domestic violence case in Dallas

ArdmoreRyno

23 minutes ago, muppy said:

some final thoughts for today:

The gf  realizes what a horrible mess this is for her babys daddy and want to minimize the event.  It's predictable. And sad all around.

I think he messed up BADLY. That's what I think.  And now they both wish it would/could just go away.

Maybe it will get swept under the rug legally but did he rough her up? Oh yes I think so

I think where there is smoke there very possibly is fire. We are not a jury privy to all facts of this case. But the facts aren't just conjecture and innuendo. There is actual evidence of a crime in this case. Video is very difficult evidence to refute. 

Once is a mistake, twice is a pattern. The best predictor of future behavior is relevant past behavior. 

at least I have a forum to vent and it impacts decisions in his case ZERO just sayin'

You’re Dr. Phil 

• Haha (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, TampaBillsJunkie said:

Here's the sick and sad truth. If Von had 10 sacks and was terrorizing opponents QB's instead of pregnant Exes, everyone would be giving him the benefit of the doubt. Innocent until proven guilty. Let him play. But since he is sucking up cap like a vampire sucking blood, people want to find a way to terminate his contract. It's the catch 22 of living in a performance based world.  

Honestly I don’t think this is true at all. Maybe a few dipshits here, but the vast majority would want him released if he’s guilty. 

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Honestly I don’t think this is true at all. Maybe a few dipshits here, but the vast majority would want him released if he’s guilty. 

Im not so sure about that. Remember...rationale from the VAST majority of Bills Mafia AND a lot of well-known popular Bills pundits with regard to cutting Araiza was "hes just a punter."  Based on that statement, a lot of Bills Mafia is very comfortable having a very big criterion determining whether to cut a player for bad behavior is what his production/contribution is to the team on the field. 

Edited by RkFast

1 hour ago, TampaBillsJunkie said:

Here's the sick and sad truth. If Von had 10 sacks and was terrorizing opponents QB's instead of pregnant Exes, everyone would be giving him the benefit of the doubt. Innocent until proven guilty. Let him play. But since he is sucking up cap like a vampire sucking blood, people want to find a way to terminate his contract. It's the catch 22 of living in a performance based world.  

I'm sorry. Who are you to say what "everyone" would think. 

Let's make this crystal clear. This happened to Von Miller. Had it been someone else....EVEN JOSH ALLEN  that allegedly did what Von did, I would feel the same way. And I'm willing to bet more people than not would feel the same, however I won't speak for them. Just a hunch. 

Most of the people here have daughters, wives, sisters and everyone has a mother. I have all of the above. It's easy to look through that window and ask "what if it was one of mine, would I care what the alleged perpetrator's stats were". I'm betting I'm far from the only one that has empathy here.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Most of the people here have daughters, wives, sisters and everyone has a mother. I have all of the above. It's easy to look through that window and ask "what if it was one of mine, would I care what the alleged perpetrator's stats were". I'm betting I'm far from the only one that has empathy here.

You have wives?  

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

This place is great when the Jerry Springers show up though!  

That's when the party really starts!  

:D 

Dr Phil is a money making machine these days who I used to listen to. He really did help a lot of people in his show. But then his greed took over and he lost me. 

Jerry Springer RIP that guy was a character and a half. He was smart like a fox. Allow the degenerates free rein and watch the ratings Soar.

lol this is America the home of the freaks and the brave..Gotta love it 🙂

sorry, back to Von Miller. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, TampaBillsJunkie said:

No, not “everyone” would feel that way.  Don’t speak for “everyone”.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I'm sorry. Who are you to say what "everyone" would think. 

Let's make this crystal clear. This happened to Von Miller. Had it been someone else....EVEN JOSH ALLEN  that allegedly did what Von did, I would feel the same way. And I'm willing to bet more people than not would feel the same, however I won't speak for them. Just a hunch. 

No way, if Von was any good we would be citing every false accusation ever made against an athlete, but because he sucks we want him to be guilty as ***** so that he can be off the team with minimal consequences against the cap.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

No we actually did reply to each other.

Yes, I do agree that the NFL players and bullfighters and ballet dancers and anyone else who mangles their bodies for a passion...that doesn't mean I won't feel for them when they get hurt and certainly won't be in disagreement if these NFL players get a few more days off on their bye week.  

My Paper Mill GM comment was just to state they do it for money as well.  Just like athletes, they do it for money but they seem to be criticized for it.  They are like everyone else.

Everyone makes a choice about most things.  If that choice gets them hurt, I think it's a bit harsh just to say "well it was their choice so I don't feel bad for them". 

It was Tre White's choice to play football and when his Achilles tore, my heart broke.  

All valid points - my approach can be harsh at times- your correct. Perhaps a better way for me to say it would be-

it's unfortunate that bad things happen to anyone or pain is brought to anyone which is why thought and forward thinking should play apart in deciding what variables you decide to embrace 

I was upset when Tre got hurt as well but not surprised because it's a brutal brutal business.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

No way, if Von was any good we would be citing every false accusation ever made against an athlete, but because he sucks we want him to be guilty as ***** so that he can be off the team with minimal consequences against the cap.

I won’t speak for anyone but myself…if Non was any good, I’d feel the same….get off my team.  

• Like (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

No way, if Von was any good we would be.....

What you don't understand is that not everybody wants to to think or be like you.

Some folks are born with a streak of empathy and see the world beyond just their own personal wants.

Your pronoun is objectively wrong.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

7 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

Again, don't say what "we" would do unless you have a frog in your pocket and that who you are referring to as "we".

If Von was at 20 sacks right now and this dropped I would feel the same way. See, some people value humility and empathy way more over watching other men win a trophy. Some things are more important than football. And if that not how it is for you, I'm sorry you're empty inside. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BlazinBill said:

All valid points - my approach can be harsh at times- your correct. Perhaps a better way for me to say it would be-

it's unfortunate that bad things happen to anyone or pain is brought to anyone which is why thought and forward thinking should play apart in deciding what variables you decide to embrace 

I was upset when Tre got hurt as well but not surprised because it's a brutal brutal business.

We are on the same page about them making this choice. 

I think I have a different perspective because I played college baseball and I didn't go through anything like what these NFL players are going through and it was grueling for me and all of us.  By midseason, I would take those Yellow Jacket energy pills before games just to get up.  We had a lot of players on coke to get over the fatigue.  

Any time we had any break, we did nothing but drink beer, smoke weed, sleep, play Madden/Tiger Woods Golf, go to the pool and order about 15 Little Caesars pizzas.

You're just mentally and physically tired and you just need a break.  Live like Peter Gibbons.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think the Bills should not make any roster changes and wait until they see how this plays out.  They probably should not put him on the field.  Cutting him is too expensive right now.  If he's exonerated, fine, the Bills can make future decisions on the basis of football merit.  If Miller is found to be guilty, the league will take the appropriate steps and the Bills will be relieved of the salary cap burden they are bearing for having signed Miller.  Miller's football career will be over at that point.  By the end of any disciplinary action the league might take, Miller will be too old to realistically resume his career. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, JohnNord said:

Different situation… Mario Williams was very good for 2 seasons and played at an All-Pro level in 2014.  The Bills did overpay to get him in Buffalo but he played well.

Things went downhill after when Rex took over.  It wasn’t just the scheme change he fell off a cliff and was out of the league two years later.  

I wrote similar, not identical.

1 hour ago, PBF81 said:

Not really, but you seem to want to argue rather than simply discuss it.

Have fun.  🙂

I am discussing it with you.  I have asked you questions on something and you don't answer it because you can't give a good answer.

Every team gives their players the full week off, it's nothing new, it's been that way in the 35 years of football I've watched and when the Bills do it...it makes absolutely no sense?  The data actually makes the most sense since it's 100% one sided.  I guess we just have really different perspectives.  

Miller needs to go period. If you will drop a rookie punter on allegations then you need to do the same with Miller.  Besides this isn't the first incident with him.  He had something in 2021 that was dropped.  He was also accused of making a sex tape and releasing it.

now the cops have photo evidence of the assault.

See yah.

hindsight is 20/20 but this is a terrible signing all around due to the injury and now this.  giving that kind of money to a 34 year old at the time doens't make a ton of sense. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Again, don't say what "we" would do unless you have a frog in your pocket and that who you are referring to as "we".

If Von was at 20 sacks right now and this dropped I would feel the same way. See, some people value humility and empathy way more over watching other men win a trophy. Some things are more important than football. And if that not how it is for you, I'm sorry you're empty inside. 

1 hour ago, Simon said:

What you don't understand is that not everybody wants to to think or be like you.

Some folks are born with a streak of empathy and see the world beyond just their own personal wants.

Your pronoun is objectively wrong.

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

I won’t speak for anyone but myself…if Non was any good, I’d feel the same….get off my team.  

Stop you’d all be liking photoshopped pictures of him in a Duke lacrosse Jersey if he was at all productive or we had a chance at the Super Bowl.

I shouldn’t have said “we” obviously people will have a different opinion on any issue. I’m sorry that life has burned me too many times where I ever little empathy for strangers, don’t forget if you become too busy looking out for others no one will look after you. If Von Miller didn’t play football no one would care about these two individuals at all.

Edited by uticaclub
  • Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I am discussing it with you.  I have asked you questions on something and you don't answer it because you can't give a good answer.

Every team gives their players the full week off, it's nothing new, it's been that way in the 35 years of football I've watched and when the Bills do it...it makes absolutely no sense?  The data actually makes the most sense since it's 100% one sided.  I guess we just have really different perspectives.  

Alright, settle down.

I've answered them to the extent that they're reasonable.

Who cares, is this something that we can change?

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

"Cut him, hes just the punter."

This was THE talking point with regard to the Araiza situation among the majority of Bills Mafia, uttered by fans everywhere, by WGR hosts and even by some prominient Twitter personalities who like to profess that women's rights is one of their priorities. 

People want to pretend stature on the team doesnt matter. But it does and Bills Mafia, with all its self-righeousness, proved that last Spring every time they uttered that phrase. "Hes just the punter."  WHO the player is matters a lot. Like it or not.  

Edited by RkFast
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

The problem with the reaction to this case is people have made up their minds with such limited information.  

First everyone assumed the allegations in the police report were 100% true - this is not always the case.

Then when his girlfriend publicly denied the claims in the report, people automatically assumed she changed her story out of fear.

None of us has the knowledge or information to make a decision either way, yet so many have made their minds up.  A sad commentary on the knee jerk reactions these days  

1 minute ago, Wayne Arnold said:

We know what happened. It's documented. And not rocket science.

Even though the victim denied the documentation?  People just will believe anything to suit their narrative 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

In a vast majority of domestic assault cases, alcohol, drugs, or a combination of both are involved. Where am I going with this? I am guessing that the future is not bright for Von.

If it turns out that he is found guilty in court, will Pegula be willing to keep him? The NFL forced a name change from Redskins because it was deemed offensive. OK, is beating up a pregnant woman just a bit worse?  Again, if he is found guilty, the league will surely face pressure from women's groups, as well as other concerned citizens to punish him.

That said, the woman will almost certainly be bought off. It probably has already started. You all have seen this time and again with NFL players and other rich athletes, actors, etc.. Still, it is hard for me to believe that Von will come out of this unscathed. Sadly, the Bills might be hurt as well (salary cap, distractions, etc.).

I don't know the procedure for drug testing, nor do I know if suspended players count against the salary cap, but; if I owned the team I would want a drug test done immediately, assuming that I would be allowed to have him tested.

My main concern is for the woman and her baby. I don't think that she injured herself. My concern for Miller at this point ranges from slim to none.

There was a murder case in StL in the late ‘80s.  A young woman was found bound with duct tape, asphyxiated in a burning suburban garage.  Autopsy showed she asphyxiated before the fire

Prosecutors filed 1st degree murder.  Her husband was convicted of manslaughter, 5 years.  Relative wrist slap.

Where am I going with this?  Husband’s defense for the duct tape etc was consensual sexy times gone tragically awry.  The arson? Failed suicide attempt after the sexy times went awry.

The general public reaction was “you gotta be kidding’ me”.  Nevertheless.

So if the case continues, I would expect all sorts of innovative attempts at “reasonable doubt”.

Suspended players do not count against the cap.  But the NFL typically waits until an investigation plays out to suspend, then the team has to maintain the salary cap space until the inevitable appeal

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Even though the victim denied the documentation?  People just will believe anything to suit their narrative 

Yes. It happens quite often. This is an open-and-shut case.

And this didn't just come out of left field - just look at their history.

I don't have a narrative.

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, Chaos said:

That is fine. That is not what he did though. 

1. who's "he"?

2. what part of "Maybe it will get swept under the rug legally but did he rough her up? Oh yes I think so. I think where there is smoke there very possibly is fire. We are not a jury privy to all facts of this case. But the facts aren't just conjecture and innuendo. There is actual evidence of a crime in this case. Video is very difficult evidence to refute."   is "gossip"...and not simply voicing an opinion based on a police complaint/arrest warrant/widely reported story?

37 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

The problem with the reaction to this case is people have made up their minds with such limited information.  

First everyone assumed the allegations in the police report were 100% true - this is not always the case.

Then when his girlfriend publicly denied the claims in the report, people automatically assumed she changed her story out of fear.

None of us has the knowledge or information to make a decision either way, yet so many have made their minds up.  A sad commentary on the knee jerk reactions these days  

She can deny anything at this point...but this is what is on the record--in her own words at the time:

"However, Miller, 34, was arrested after the girlfriend told police, per their report, that he "put his hands around his partner's neck, shoved her and pulled her hair.'' The woman's 911 call includes her stating that "he pulled my hair out.'' ... I have like, some blood on me ...''

"While the altercation was going on,' officers wrote in the warrant, Miller's girlfriend 'kept yelling, ''Stop! I'm pregnant!'''

She initially told law enforcement authorities that Miller first ordered her out of the house but then pushed her onto a chair and applied pressure to her neck "for three to five seconds before letting go.''

The arrest warrant states that when authorities arrived at the home, the woman, who claims to be six weeks pregnant, had abrasions on her left hand, and bruises on her neck, abdomen and left bicep."

That is what is documented.  That was her "narrative" when SHE called 911 on Miller.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

There was a murder case in StL in the late ‘80s.  A young woman was found bound with duct tape, asphyxiated in a burning suburban garage.  Autopsy showed she asphyxiated before the fire

Prosecutors filed 1st degree murder.  Her husband was convicted of manslaughter, 5 years.  Relative wrist slap.

Where am I going with this?  Husband’s defense for the duct tape etc was consensual sexy times gone tragically awry.  The arson? Failed suicide attempt after the sexy times went awry.

The general public reaction was “you gotta be kidding’ me”.  Nevertheless.

So if the case continues, I would expect all sorts of innovative attempts at “reasonable doubt”.

Suspended players do not count against the cap.  But the NFL typically waits until an investigation plays out to suspend, then the team has to maintain the salary cap space until the inevitable appeal

Was that a jury verdict or did he cop? My guess is that he was allowed to take a plea. 

I know of a case where a man caught his wife cheating. He beat her up a bit was arrested. He was hitting her with an object and she suffered minor injurues. In NYS, an object/weapon elevates a simple assault to a felony. At intake the ADA reduced the charge to a misdemeanor. Not a surprise tbh. He was released on bail and issued a T.O.P. A week later he hid in front of the house and when his wife came out he stabbed her numerous times and killed her in front of her 10 year son. He had a clean record and copped to 8 years. He was more than likely out in 6. 

The chances of Von doing time are slim to none, but in his case it will likely cost him a cool million or more. Then, it will depend on what Mr. Pegula/the NFL wants to do. 

47 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Yes. It happens quite often. This is an open-and-shut case.

And this didn't just come out of left field - just look at their history.

I don't have a narrative.

I mean, clearly you do….

15 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

She can deny anything at this point...but this is what is on the record--in her own words at the time:

"However, Miller, 34, was arrested after the girlfriend told police, per their report, that he "put his hands around his partner's neck, shoved her and pulled her hair.'' The woman's 911 call includes her stating that "he pulled my hair out.'' ... I have like, some blood on me ...''

"While the altercation was going on,' officers wrote in the warrant, Miller's girlfriend 'kept yelling, ''Stop! I'm pregnant!'''

She initially told law enforcement authorities that Miller first ordered her out of the house but then pushed her onto a chair and applied pressure to her neck "for three to five seconds before letting go.''

The arrest warrant states that when authorities arrived at the home, the woman, who claims to be six weeks pregnant, had abrasions on her left hand, and bruises on her neck, abdomen and left bicep."

That is what is documented.  That was her "narrative" when SHE called 911 on Miller.

Maybe you’re right…we don’t know for sure.  I’m actually going to wait for more details and information before I start judging people.

Edited by JohnNord

1 hour ago, uticaclub said:

Stop you’d all be liking photoshopped pictures of him in a Duke lacrosse Jersey if he was at all productive or we had a chance at the Super Bowl.

Some people are even self-involved asses to so great a degree that they simply cannot even fathom the idea that most others aren't.
Such is life. 🤷‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.