Von Miller faces arrest in domestic violence case in Dallas

ArdmoreRyno

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Maybe but still weird to me.  If someone ran up to me and stabbed me and then ran off, I wouldn't call the cops and tell them I was being stabbed.  I would say someone stabbed me.

how do you know you would be calm cool and collected after being stabbed

• Like (+1) 1

You guys can roll your eyes all you want.  Words matter.  Even under duress.  Nobody says "I'm being hit and choked" when they aren't actually being hit/choked.  I've heard 1000's of real 911 calls on TV shows. I've never heard current tense for past events. So, I find it weird.

3 minutes ago, Chaos said:

how do you know you would be calm cool and collected after being stabbed

because I know.  I dont have to be calm cool collected to use proper tense.  But I can see you guys just looking for someone to jump on and be mad at for their opinion so I am going to just drop it now.  Other than to say that I no way condone domestic abuse, nor am I implying that Von may be innocent.  

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, Scott7975 said:

I didn't say he was innocent.  I said the statements were weird and I find them to be.  He also doesn't have a warrant out for his arrest because he already turned himself in and then bailed himself out.

"What a guy?" What do you know about me other than I find the statements weird?

There was a warrant out for his arrest. He left the scene after she called the police. Most would would have found his actions much more egregious then maybe having some confusion after being strangled.  The police HAD to issue a warrant. Of course he turned himself in. He had no choice. Where your sympathies lay is obvious.   

1 minute ago, RG Murdock said:

There was a warrant out for his arrest. He left the scene after she called the police. Most would would have found his actions much more egregious then maybe having some confusion after being strangled.  The police HAD to issue a warrant. Of course he turned himself in. He had no choice. Where your sympathies lay is obvious.   

I guess that you didnt read my comments earlier when I said if true then I want him off the team.  But yeah, hey take one comment and you know all about me and where I stand.

Also by her own words she wasn't strangled but Im sure you will go all emo over that statement too

Have a nice day

Edited by Scott7975

5 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

If the cops have a video then it wouldn't matter what Von/the league said to her.  Dallas can prosecute without her.

They do. It was mentioned in either that article or another I read. 

The league is capable of making most things go away. I am hoping Texas stands strong on this one. 

1 minute ago, Mango said:

The league is capable of making most things go away. I am hoping Texas stands strong on this one. 

They can't make it go away.  At least not according to the laws that were posted in this thread.  Dallas has a "no drop" law.

My reading about the recording is that it is an audio recording and not video, but I may be wrong. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Reached by text message by WFAA(TV), Miller's girlfriend downplayed the incident.

"We’re fine," she wrote. "Things were blown way out of context. This is actually outrageous!"

She called the incident "a huge misunderstanding" and described it as "a verbal disagreement." 

"No one assaulted anyone," she texted. "This is insane. And sad."

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

They can't make it go away.  At least not according to the laws that were posted in this thread.  Dallas has a "no drop" law.

It is up to the prosecutor. The person of influence changes but it can be dropped.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Also by her own words she wasn't strangled but Im sure you will go all emo over that statement too

Have a nice day

I'm sure were having a better day then your having on this post string... Maybe you should watch more Law & Order.  Have a nice day. 

• Eyeroll 1

23 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Why the equipment manager? What did he switch his cup with a smaller one?? 

We all know why the equipment manager needs to go.  We can't share that with you.  You are a good dude but that is a bills family matter so we can't talk about it here

• Haha (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

My reading about the recording is that it is an audio recording and not video, but I may be wrong. 

In the articles it says that at one point Von Miller pulled out his phone and started recording the assault.  Later she grabbed a phone out of her pocket and started recording it.  If she did so then the police would have looked at it and made copies.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Capco said:

According to Texas law:

Third-Degree Felony Assault

If you cut off the normal breathing patterns of a member of your family as defined by law (i.e. if you strangle your girlfriend/boyfriend) to the point they cannot breathe, then you could be facing a Third-Degree Felony assault charge. Additionally, if you assault a member of your family, including your spouse or significant other, and if you have had an assault family violence conviction in the past, you could face a third-degree felony assault charge. The penalty range for a third-degree assault conviction is no less than 2 years in prison and up to 10 years in prison; also, a possible fine not to exceed $10,000.

So, unless he had a domestic violence conviction in the past, the only way Von could be charged with this crime is if he strangled his pregnant girlfriend...!

Actually, Texas law states assault on a pregnant person, not girlfriend.  Gotta be correct with your pronouns these days....

I'm joking , but if what is alleged in the 911 call is true, he's as bad as Tyreek, and should be put away.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Mango said:

It is up to the prosecutor. The person of influence changes but it can be dropped.

Yeah, it can be dropped but a prosecutor with good evidence is not going to just drop charges because the victim pulls out or the NFL says "hey there guy... you know who I am?"

26 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

You guys can roll your eyes all you want.  Words matter.  Even under duress.  Nobody says "I'm being hit and choked" when they aren't actually being hit/choked.  I've heard 1000's of real 911 calls on TV shows. I've never heard current tense for past events. So, I find it weird.

because I know.  I dont have to be calm cool collected to use proper tense.  But I can see you guys just looking for someone to jump on and be mad at for their opinion so I am going to just drop it now.  Other than to say that I no way condone domestic abuse, nor am I implying that Von may be innocent.  

It’s like guilty until proven innocent nowadays. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Mango said:

Hate to break it to you but the legal system is a business. Attorneys, judges, the county itself, even the jails all have skin in the game.

Money talks, in addition to that prosecutors don't make a career ($$$) by prosecuting losing cases.  

It's a sad reality of our legal system 

19 minutes ago, Mango said:

Correct

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Yeah, it can be dropped but a prosecutor with good evidence is not going to just drop charges because the victim pulls out or the NFL says "hey there guy... you know who I am?"

And from what I know here in Cincinnati, what really hurts Von Miller is that he doesn’t play for the Cowboys. Bengals players get charges dropped all the time because the prosecutor is a season ticket holder. The same thing was true with the previous prosecuted. If this wasn’t the case, Pac Man Jones and Joe Mixon would have had their days in court.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

In the articles it says that at one point Von Miller pulled out his phone and started recording the assault.  Later she grabbed a phone out of her pocket and started recording it.  If she did so then the police would have looked at it and made copies.

Yes, I see now by checking the latest article by WFAA they use the term “filming”. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Actually both of these things happen. 

16 minutes ago, RG Murdock said:

I'm sure were having a better day then your having on this post string... Maybe you should watch more Law & Order.  Have a nice day. 

I'm having a fine day.  I just don't have irrational pitchforks out over a comment on a forum. Again, I didn't say dude was innocent.  Just that I find the comments weird. I like to pick ***** apart. Law and Order oh you so funny hahaha. I will thanks.

Actually both of these things happen. 

If they do then the prosecutor is a scumbag too.  No prosecutor should drop a case they have good evidence on.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

I'm having a fine day.  I just don't have irrational pitchforks out over a comment on a forum. Again, I didn't say dude was innocent.  Just that I find the comments weird. I like to pick ***** apart. Law and Order oh you so funny hahaha. I will thanks.

And besides, Matlock is where it’s at and where I got my law degree. 

• Haha (+1) 2

How do I link the Von signing with the Bills thread here?  

Can’t say I’ve enjoy the Von experience though all the facts aren’t out. But this just sums up this season. It’s not fun and it’s been so fun for the last few years. This sucks. 

and whatever in that situation (he’s a garbage human being if he hurt her and she’s dumb for staying with him), why adults stay in toxic relationships is so crazy to me. I feel bad for the kids. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.