AFC Standings, schedules, & Rooting Interests FINAL 1/7/24 BILLS 2 Seed!

Donuts and Doritos

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

Three games this Saturday on the NFLN and all of them are of interest to Bills fans.

Minnesota at Cincinnati. Go Vikings 

Pittsburgh at Indianapolis. Not sure who we want here Pittsburgh, ever. Can't stand their annoying fans.

Denver at Detroit. Go Lions

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

one thing all fans of AFC teams should be rooting for is a lifetime contract for Brandon Staley to stay with the Chargers!

That team is loaded with talent, so it's nice to have them out of the playoff picture or not a factor if they get there. 

He's gone. Either that Sunday night after their season finale or the next day.

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

Dallas is beating someone in the AFC East, so hopefully it's Miami after we beat them this weekend and send them into "must win" mode for playoff seeding. 

All we need is to beat Dallas and take care of 2 cupcakes. If we do that, it could very well come down to a game in Miami to determine the division title. 

I have posted this before and I will again.  Dallas is 100% beating Miami.

Dak Prescott and Mike McCarthy have a beef with Vic Fangio.  A few years ago when he was the head coach in denver they went to arlington and whipped Dallas and after the game he said no one plays dak the right way and if you play him the way they did you can shut him down.  He was essentially calling Dak stupid and unable to read a zone coverage.

So I think Dallas is going to do to Miami what they did to the eagles last night.  

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Man doing the playoff machine, it still looks like if things break the way they should Kansas City could be the # 1 seed. If the Bills want to avoid being the 7 seed, they will probably have to beat Dallas to have a very low likelihood to end up there. 

or KC loses their division to Broncos.

A few observations:

We are all big Jets fans going forward in 2023 J...E...T...Jets!

The majority of the 7-6 playoff teams are garbage or going to garbage.

IMO the cream to worry about: 

Buffalo

Denver

Bengals

Browns

Apart from Buffalo, none of the teams are consistent and/ or world beaters. Any team like the Jets, Raiders, or Bears can beat these teams. 

Texans- CJ hurt and other injuries mount. I don't expect them to do much more 

Indy - dome team in December w backup QB I expect them to fold. 

Of the Bills, I think we will safely defeat Chargers ( w back up QB) and Pats. 

I think we have to win of the hard games v Phins and Boys.

Really, given the mediocrity of the playoff rivals I see the Bills pulling this off. 

• Dislike 1

20 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Man doing the playoff machine, it still looks like if things break the way they should Kansas City could be the # 1 seed. If the Bills want to avoid being the 7 seed, they will probably have to beat Dallas to have a very low likelihood to end up there. 

Yesterday's loss probably ended any hopes the Chiefs had of getting the #1 seed. Baltimore is 10-3. Miami probably will be 10-3 after tonight. The Chiefs need to focus on winning the division which is no sure thing with the way the Broncos have been playing.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, mannc said:

I'm calling it now.  The Dolphins will lose at least one of the next two games, probably against the Jets.  You folks are forgetting that the Dolphins have zero homefield advantage late in the season.  Northern teams love to go down there to play in December and January.

The Bills have done decent down there, but the Pats somehow struggle. 

Just now, Gregg said:

Yesterday's loss probably ended any hopes the Chiefs had of getting the #1 seed. Baltimore is 10-3. Miami probably will be 10-3 after tonight. The Chiefs need to focus on winning the division which is no sure thing with the way the Broncos have been playing.

Not if the Ravens go 2-2 and the Dolphins go 2-3 down the stretch which is very reasonable. The Ravens are at the Jaguars and then at the 49ers these next two weeks. If they lose those two games and then beat Miami and Pittsburgh, that could be very reasonable. 

In addition Miami has to play @ Baltimore, Dallas, Buffalo. I understand a lot of things have to break right but in this scenario and the Chiefs winning out (also reasonable with their schedule), the Chiefs would get the 1 seed. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BearNorth said:

I ran the NY Times simulator, picking current team with better W-L for all but the Bills games, from what I see, Bills have to win out to get a WC, otherwise they need a LOT of help.  This week is major, and have to beat Miami in Wk18.  

If they lose to the Cowboys they still stand a good chance, an AFC loss to either LA, NE, or Miami would sink us pretty badly. 

5 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

A few observations:

Buffalo

Denver

Bengals

Browns

Apart from Buffalo, none of the teams are consistent and/ or world beaters. Any team like the Jets, Raiders, or Bears can beat these teams. 

Really, given the mediocrity of the playoff rivals I see the Bills pulling this off. 

Your general thoughts are correct, these are mostly bad teams that can lose to anyone. 

But you need to look at their schedules lol. For example, the Colts last 4 games are all in domes. 

I think the Bills run the table, so I agree they will get in. But 10-7 seems very iffy. We are comepetiting with a ton of teams and almost all of them have very easy schedules and the tie breaker. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Process said:

Your general thoughts are correct, these are mostly bad teams that can lose to anyone. 

But you need to look at their schedules lol. For example, the Colts last 4 games are all in domes. 

I think the Bills run the table, so I agree they will get in. But 10-7 seems very iffy. We are comepetiting with a ton of teams and almost all of them have very easy schedules and the tie breaker. 

That's a good catch w Indy. I did look at the schedules and it's also compounded by teams playing each other. 

Another fact : we are huge Titans fans...go Titans ...

28 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

A few observations:

Buffalo

Denver

Bengals

Browns

The fact we find ourselves in this position is utterly mind blowing

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

It has a chance but I think Miami is better than people are giving them credit for.  I think they lose to the Cowboys.  Not so sure about the Ravens.  Beat the Cowboys and I think we roll to the playoffs but as a WC.  Honestly division winner and wild card is only the difference of like 1 home game maybe 2 if another WC team won, so I don't care how we get in.  Just get in. 

There is a high chance that if we go in as the 7th seed that we play Miami in round 1 again.

I think the Dolphins have 0 chance against the Ravens. I think the Ravens remember that game against the Dolphins last year where they were up big and blew it and I think they'll want revenge. 

It's tricky with the Cowboys because they are way better at home than away and both games against the Bills and Dolphins are away games for them.

4 hours ago, dma0034 said:

I think the Dolphins have 0 chance against the Ravens. I think the Ravens remember that game against the Dolphins last year where they were up big and blew it and I think they'll want revenge. 

It's tricky with the Cowboys because they are way better at home than away and both games against the Bills and Dolphins are away games for them.

Maybe. We will see.  Especially if Hills injury is serious and he misses time.  That offense runs through Hill and Miami fans are going to finally realize it.  We might even get lucky and they lose today if he don't go back in.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, dma0034 said:

I'll be honest, if the Bills get by Dallas I think January 7th is for the division. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

37 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

man, so now even if we DO lose to the Cowboys on Sunday (I still feel really good about that game), Week 18 @ Miami could still very well be for the division.

Thank you; Titans.

I am certainly not predicting it, but the Jets seem to relish the role of spoiler at the moment. Zach Wilson is coming off of a good game. 

How awesome would Miami losing to NYJ be? 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Mango said:

I am certainly not predicting it, but the Jets seem to relish the role of spoiler at the moment. Zach Wilson is coming off of a good game. 

How awesome would Miami losing to NYJ be? 

If Miami loses to the NYJ too, they are just going to unravel the whole rest of the way and not even make the playoffs.  For that reason alone, they really need to recover quickly on a short week, if they don’t want that to happen.

• Like (+1) 1

titansss, we still have a chance at the division....miami without hill was brutal and ankle injuries for wr's linger

broncos have a soft schedule, steelers look toast, colts have an easy sked but have looked shaky, bengals tuff sked but browning looks good

all in all if we do our part and finish games there is a good chance 2 make it in...

the division would b beauty...aiming just for a playoff spot but i can wish, its xmas season

Did the playoff chances go up today? 😂

The NFL this year is pretty unpredictable…

Some will blame gambling and “rigging”…

I’ll blame parity…. They don’t need to “rig” it beyond that … stuff  just happens … the Steelers winning four out of six years likely ain’t happening anymore like some of us heard about from the 70s 

On 12/1/2023 at 11:24 AM, transplantbillsfan said:

Don't the Dolphins play 3 other games?

It's annoying the way people just write in wins for teams... especially this year.

Is it really going to shock anyone if the Dolphins lo Washington, Tennessee, or the NYJ?

Paper tigers.

On 12/1/2023 at 12:43 PM, transplantbillsfan said:

I don't think they win all 3 of those games.

On 12/1/2023 at 7:49 PM, transplantbillsfan said:

I don't know. They haven't had a 3 game winning streak since they surprised everyone to start the season.

They barely beat the Raiders and Patriots. Why in the heck are people assuming they're automatic?

Guess I was right.

I honestly thought of the 3 games they would lose to the Jets. I still think they might this week.

Division very much in play folks!!!

On 12/1/2023 at 11:24 AM, transplantbillsfan said:

Don't the Dolphins play 3 other games?

It's annoying the way people just write in wins for teams... especially this year.

Is it really going to shock anyone if the Dolphins lo Washington, Tennessee, or the NYJ?

Paper tigers.

On 12/1/2023 at 11:47 AM, Chaos said:

that will be shocking.

On 12/1/2023 at 11:51 AM, Gregg said:

Yes. It would be shocking. I hope I am wrong, but I don't see the Dolphins losing to these teams. 

On 12/1/2023 at 12:20 PM, H2o said:

Yes, actually, it would shock the crap out of me if any of those 3 teams beat Miami. Be annoyed. None of those 3 teams match up well with Miami in any way. 

On 12/1/2023 at 1:30 PM, H2o said:

So, who beats them? The Washington team we beat 37-3, now without both Sweat and Young on the DL? The Jets team with one of their two 3rd string talent level QB's playing? The same Jets team we just beat 32-6 two weeks ago? The Tennessee Titans team with a quickly aging Derek Henry, a middling at best defense, and a rookie QB? A Titans team that barely beat the 1-10 Panthers, whom they could only put up 17 points against? They are gonna score with Miami? Sorry, none of those three teams are going to hang an L on them. 

Are you guys (and a bunch of others) okay???

Do you need medication to recover from your shock?

Have we learned yet that it's not advisable to pencil in wins for teams across the NFL?

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Guess I was right.

I honestly thought of the 3 games they would lose to the Jets. I still think they might this week.

Division very much in play folks!!!

nice faith. I went from believing the Dallas and ravens were our only shot, to believing the dolphins could realistically lose out and not make playoffs at all. Tbf they have some bad injuries that I never count on. 3 on their line including the center and Hill was out like half the game. 

That was an epic collapse after being gifted 21 points. Maybe they should practice more football and less td celebrations. Their heads got too big. I hate Dolphins fans with a passion so I’m laughing my ass off today. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.