AFC Standings, schedules, & Rooting Interests FINAL 1/7/24 BILLS 2 Seed!

Donuts and Doritos

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Can’t be that bleak if the NYT has us at 99% in if we win out. 

I’ll agree though, we need a team like the Rams tomorrow to actually step up and not lay down against the now Flacco-led Browns. 

What’s the percentage of winning out? That’s the ‘bleak’ part. 

26 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I agree divisional games are different as well and could also potentially see Miami losing to the Jets.

I'm not predicting which game they lose, I'm just saying I don't think they win 3 straight.

I am not saying they can't lose one.  I hope like hell they do.  I am just saying that yes, based on the way Miami has played this season, I would find it a shock they lose to a team worse than them.

• Agree 2

13 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I am not saying they can't lose one.  I hope like hell they do.  I am just saying that yes, based on the way Miami has played this season, I would find it a shock they lose to a team worse than them.

What’s more likely? Miami beating up on bad teams like they’ve done all season. Or Bills going on a 5 game win streak that they have not shown a capacity to do all season. Personal feelings aside most would agree that the probability of the first scenario is greater than the second. Unless a person is too blinded by the Bills light to see clearly. 

23 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Wait... so you have watched them all season then? Then I assume you saw their tight victories over the Raiders and Patriots that came down to the very end of those games, correct?

Would you say the Raiders and Patriots are worse than the Dolphins?

23 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Wait... so you have watched them all season then? Then I assume you saw their tight victories over the Raiders and Patriots that came down to the very end of those games, correct?

Would you say the Raiders and Patriots are worse than the Dolphins?

Patriots was week 2 and a divisional game.  Stuff happens.  Belichick is a mastermind at defense and their defense has been good most of the year despite their terrible QB and record.

Raiders game I will give you. I was actually hoping the Raiders pulled a win off.

Yes, both teams are worse than Miami.  However, Miami did win both those games and your argument is that Miami will lose one.  Had they of lost to the Raiders I would have been just as shocked as I would be if they lose to the Titans, Washington, Jets.

Edited by Scott7975

36 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

What’s more likely? Miami beating up on bad teams like they’ve done all season. Or Bills going on a 5 game win streak that they have not shown a capacity to do all season. Personal feelings aside most would agree that the probability of the first scenario is greater than the second. Unless a person is too blinded by the Bills light to see clearly. 

I mean, I am not all that confident in the Bills winning out either.  I have said a few times now that I don't think they do.  However, the Bills winning out would not shock me as much as the Dolphins losing to Titans, Washington, Jets.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Unforgiven said:

Are the bills capable of winning out? 100 % Yes.

Will they? Nope. Just my opinion. But they sure as hell aren't getting 

help to back in.

Lots of people seem encouraged when looking at our odds at 4-1, but we’ll have to see how this week goes before I start buying into that.  

To date, we haven’t been getting much help, even though we’re chasing teams with bad QB, rookie QB, no QB… 

• Donuts and Doritos changed the title to AFC Standings, Schedules & Rooting Interests UPDATED 12/5

Is this the thread to complain that the Bills were scheduled a game on Festivus? 🤨

I am sure Frank Costanza would have spent a while on the coaching staff.

image.thumb.jpeg.10b616829358c35c436d3d739d7a8b37.jpeg

EDIT:  Well, if the Buffalo coaching staff is busy, Frank can have the Jets' staff over.  They don't play until Christmas Eve. 😁

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

• Donuts and Doritos changed the title to AFC Standings, Schedules & Rooting Interests UPDATED 12/8
On 12/2/2023 at 3:47 PM, 90sBills said:

Both are possible.  Since last year, minus the Cincy game,  we have 9 losses and literally every 1 of them could've been Wins, biggest threat to the Bills is the Bills

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 11/29/2023 at 1:42 PM, Beast said:

I see no way the Bills get in unless they run the table and that isn’t going to happen.

All other teams have pretty cake schedules.

It's definitely going to take a large element of luck, not to mention, how are we going to play.  

Problem with the wild card is that we have almost no tiebreakers.  There's virtually no chance that we win the division.  

It's also uncomfortable knowing that other than for Miami, the teams that we've beaten are a combined 22-39 (.361).

What remains are two division leaders, the best non-division leader, and @ the Chargers where we haven't won since the Knox days. 

That doesn't sound encouraging or validating.  

Edited by PBF81
  • Dislike 1

On 12/2/2023 at 3:47 PM, 90sBills said:

I think a 9 win team will get one of the wildcards or the bills at 10 wins.  Lookin at the teams in the hunt I don’t really see anyone pulling away except for maybe the Texans but if the Texans pull away they likely beat Cleveland and Indy which would kind of be good for us? 

I doubt it’s gonna take winning out from us 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.