AFC Standings, schedules, & Rooting Interests FINAL 1/7/24 BILLS 2 Seed!

Donuts and Doritos

26 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Absolutely!  As a Chiefs fan, I am rooting hard for the Broncos (Complete frauds) to get in.  For Cleveland (no QB) to get in, and would be happy to MISS Buffalo altogether.  The Bills would be the most dangerous 7th seed ever.  Imagine being the 2 seed...let's say it's the Jags, Ravens, Dolphins or Chiefs and the Bills are the 7.  That would be something.

I disagree on the Broncos. That team has totally turned it around. Are they great? No. Are they capable of beating any team they play in the playoffs? Most definitely. I think they would handle Miami right now if the two teams played again. 

And of course they have already beaten both the Bills and Chiefs. 

1 minute ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I disagree on the Broncos. That team has totally turned it around. Are they great? No. Are they capable of beating any team they play in the playoffs? Most definitely. I think they would handle Miami right now if the two teams played again. 

And of course they have already beaten both the Bills and Chiefs. 

They have 15 takeaways in their last 4 games.  Thats unsustainable.  Denver is 2-5 when they are +2 or worse.  They were +1 VS the Jets AT HOME and lost by 10 points.  

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Notice WIN over AFC leader is NOT mentioned.  Obviously only losses of Bills are important.

This is from the Bills perspective, so I wasn't going back over the schedule to see who beat the Ravens since the Bills don't play them this year. Of course if KC has overtakes Baltimore, we do play KC & that'll be in the update after we play them.

Edited by Donuts and Doritos

Thanks for putting this together! The Mods should definitely pin this one to the top of the page….and you can update it each week. Well done! 

With that said…we can all now watch with a glass half full mindset. Are the Bills going to the playoffs? Almost surely not. But it’ll be fun to see if they can make some noise down the stretch. 

If the Bills can play the way they did against the Eagles -- minus all of the sabotaging on the part of the officials -- I believe that they very well WILL run the table.

Also, on their side is the fact that Miami has not managed to beat a team with a winning record in quite some time. They will face 3 such teams down the stretch -- so if the trend continues, the Bills could win the division at 11-6 (just as they did in 2021).

Lastly, the other AFC teams currently ahead of them (Colts, Browns, Texans, Steelers, Broncos) all play many games against each other. So, even if  Miami does win the division, the Bills still have a legitimate shot at a wild card.

• Agree 2

8 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

They have 15 takeaways in their last 4 games.  Thats unsustainable.  Denver is 2-5 when they are +2 or worse.  They were +1 VS the Jets AT HOME and lost by 10 points.  

Have you heard if the Chiefs organization is doing anything for the boy that’s getting shamed for Indian headdress and face paint? 

5 hours ago, H2o said:

The Bills have to run the table and the Dolphins have to lose the last 3 weeks against Baltimore, Dallas, and us week 18. I see no other way for the Bills to get in. 

Don't the Dolphins play 3 other games?

It's annoying the way people just write in wins for teams... especially this year.

Is it really going to shock anyone if the Dolphins lo Washington, Tennessee, or the NYJ?

Paper tigers.

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

It's annoying the way people just write in wins for teams... especially this year.

Is it really going to shock anyone if the Dolphins lo Washington, Tennessee, or the NYJ?

Paper tigers.

Yes. It would be shocking. I hope I am wrong, but I don't see the Dolphins losing to these teams. 

15 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

If the Bills don't make it (and it's looking rough right now) they'd be quite possibly the highest rated team by DVOA to miss out.  A really good team, on the wrong side of every bounce, the wrong side of every little coaches decision, the wrong side of untimely turnovers and missed field goals.  All at the worst possible time every time.  Amazing.

welcome to the hell that is bills fandom

15 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

If the Bills don't make it (and it's looking rough right now) they'd be quite possibly the highest rated team by DVOA to miss out.  A really good team, on the wrong side of every bounce, the wrong side of every little coaches decision, the wrong side of untimely turnovers and missed field goals.  All at the worst possible time every time.  Amazing.

Well summarized.  Obviously, some is self-inflicted, but other aspects are just like, "I've never believed in this curse thing, but...."

It's enormously frustrating to be a fan of a team that you know is better than at least 3 teams that are likely to make the playoffs, when your team is likely to miss.  Such a weird season.  

Best of luck next week.  Should be a great game.

54 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Paper tigers.

Yes, actually, it would shock the crap out of me if any of those 3 teams beat Miami. Be annoyed. None of those 3 teams match up well with Miami in any way. 

On 11/29/2023 at 3:18 PM, zow2 said:

Keep in mind, nobody but the very top wins ALL the games they are supposed to win. It just doesn’t happen.  Miami has managed to do it so far but i refuse to believe they will win every game they are favored in.  No way. Nor will the other wild card wannabes.

Yeah Tua has not gotten hurt yet this year so you know that's coming soon.

36 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I don't think they win all 3 of those games.

So, who beats them? The Washington team we beat 37-3, now without both Sweat and Young on the DL? The Jets team with one of their two 3rd string talent level QB's playing? The same Jets team we just beat 32-6 two weeks ago? The Tennessee Titans team with a quickly aging Derek Henry, a middling at best defense, and a rookie QB? A Titans team that barely beat the 1-10 Panthers, whom they could only put up 17 points against? They are gonna score with Miami? Sorry, none of those three teams are going to hang an L on them. 

Thank you for the summary, well appreciated ----and------ gives just a touch of hope for this team to squeak in and possibly win the division.  They are capable. 

7 hours ago, 2003Contenders said:

If the Bills can play the way they did against the Eagles -- minus all of the sabotaging on the part of the officials -- I believe that they very well WILL run the table.

Also, on their side is the fact that Miami has not managed to beat a team with a winning record in quite some time. They will face 3 such teams down the stretch -- so if the trend continues, the Bills could win the division at 11-6 (just as they did in 2021).

Lastly, the other AFC teams currently ahead of them (Colts, Browns, Texans, Steelers, Broncos) all play many games against each other. So, even if  Miami does win the division, the Bills still have a legitimate shot at a wild card.

that's what i'm thinking too.  the philly game showed us what they are capable of....

17 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

Interesting take- depressing and yet hopeful....

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.