2024/2025 season

Italian Bills

Hi guys. 

Honestly, for you, what the odds that we’ll finally start with a new (young maybe) HC and a new DC (i’ll keep Brady as OC for what i saw till now if he keeps it going) if we miss the playoffs like probably will be ? 

I say almost zero, because McClappy is humble, honest, a good guy and on and on and on… McClappy and his trust the process. 

Why can’t we have someone young and offensive minded like LaFleur, Tomlin, McVay ? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

17 minutes ago, Alpo Chino said:

Tomlin ain’t that young or that offensive minded…

He wins most of his close games unlike McDermott. He is doing it with Pickett as his QB. It seems like every week the Steelers are trailing most of the day in some low scoring game. Then the offense puts one drive together and they pull out the win. Not the Browns game but most of them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Gregg said:

He wins most of his close games unlike McDermott. He is doing it with Pickett as his QB. It seems like every week the Steelers are trailing most of the day in some low scoring game. Then the offense puts one drive together and they pull out the win. Not the Browns game but most of them.

He’s a good coach for sure. Not questioning that. Just saying he’s not that young or offensive minded like the OP said. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

Hi guys. 

Honestly, for you, what the odds that we’ll finally start with a new (young maybe) HC and a new DC (i’ll keep Brady as OC for what i saw till now if he keeps it going) if we miss the playoffs like probably will be ? 

I say almost zero, because McClappy is humble, honest, a good guy and on and on and on… McClappy and his trust the process. 

Why can’t we have someone young and offensive minded like LaFleur, Tomlin, McVay ? 

and yet... they people you mention are struggling as well   

2 hours ago, Gregg said:

3 playoff wins since 2010.  Missed playoffs in 3 of the last 5 years - and bounced immediately both seasons that they did make it.  Negative point differential for 4 of 5 seasons.  

They have the fewest turnovers on offense, and they're among the leaders in takeaways.  Kicker is 21/22.  But they're 26th in yards and 25th in yards allowed.  They'll probably sneak into the playoffs... and probably lose in the first round.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Gregg said:

To your point, Tomlin is actually one of the best to win in 1 score games. Over the last 3 years his record is 21-8-1 in one score games.

However, as I said he's one of the best and not the norm. Found this tweet for more of a baseline in regards to how Tomlin is vs McDermott

Edited by BuffaloBillyG
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 2

4 hours ago, Gregg said:

Tomlin was always worlds better than his William & Mary buddy.  He always fielded defenses that were capable of 4th quarter stops. Other than Taron's pic6 and Milano's int v KC, name me 1 big defensive stop his team has made since 2019......crickets

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

To your point, Tomlin is actually one of the best to win in 1 score games. Over the last 3 years his record is 21-8-1 in one score games.

However, as I said he's one of the best and not the norm. Found this tweet for more of a baseline in regards to how Tomlin is vs McDermott

5 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

Hi guys. 

Ma Che Cazzo dici?

fyi Tomlin and MCClappy are the same age.

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Good coaches dont let bad teams hang around to allow close games  How in the heck did we have one score games w Jets/Pats/Broncos/Bucs/Giants  

• Thank you (+1) 1

From the Reddit, FWIW:

Currently the two most winningest head coaches ever fired in NFL history are:

2. Marty Schottenheimer from the 2006 Chargers. Career 47-33, 0.588

1. Tony Dungy from the 2001 Buccaneers. Career 54-36, 0.600

Sean McDermott is now career 68-41, 0.624, including being 6-6 at the moment.

Firing him now would set the NFL record for most winningest HC ever fired.

Not that he's going to get fired regardless, but food for thought.  BTW, I'm just fine if we move on at EOY, for the record... :beer: 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

Hi guys. 

lol. You said Tomlin 

2 hours ago, Heitz said:

From the Reddit, FWIW:

Currently the two most winningest head coaches ever fired in NFL history are:

2. Marty Schottenheimer from the 2006 Chargers. Career 47-33, 0.588

1. Tony Dungy from the 2001 Buccaneers. Career 54-36, 0.600

Sean McDermott is now career 68-41, 0.624, including being 6-6 at the moment.

Firing him now would set the NFL record for most winningest HC ever fired.

Not that he's going to get fired regardless, but food for thought.  BTW, I'm just fine if we move on at EOY, for the record... :beer: 

Don't forget David Blatt

I'm less concerned about McDermott than I am about the roster particularly on defense.  It was built to win a couple of years ago and now has key pieces a little too old (Dr Poyer and Mr Hyde), injured and a little too old (Tre White), injured (Milano and Jones, and frankly Miller but it's not Miller time anymore).  The Bills have made huge investments in their D and yet are going to have to rebuild a lot next year.  The Miller contract, and not the Josh Allen contract, is the problem for a rebuild.  

This all does come down to McDermott's shortcomings.  The 13 seconds debacle was on him, but with a closer on the D line it wouldn't have come to that.  So to deflect attention from his failure, McDermott got Beane to break his own rule about not busting his long-term budget, and now the team is behind the 8 ball, with too many holes to fill and not enough cash to do it.

I do continue to think poorly of McDermott for his lack of accountability and leadership when things go wrong.  He just needs to take the blame when something is his fault, or even when it's not his fault.  This is costing him with the players.  As I've said before, players won't respect the man as a coach, if they don't respect the coach as a man.  McD is apparently a great guy, caring about his players, etc etc etc, but he still needs to get out in front and take the shots and brickbats when criticism flows.

• Thank you (+1) 1

So been thinking about this:

2024 for sure:

Home:

Jaguars

Cardinals

Niners

Titans 

Away:

Texans

Colts

Rams

Seahawks 

As of now:

Denver

@ Steelers

@ Vikings

If we win the East then KC comes to us. If Miami wins the East then KC to Miami. Wanna bet they send them in the heat?

Edited by boyst
  • Like (+1) 2

On 11/28/2023 at 12:52 PM, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

3 playoff wins since 2010.  Missed playoffs in 3 of the last 5 years - and bounced immediately both seasons that they did make it.  Negative point differential for 4 of 5 seasons.  

They have the fewest turnovers on offense, and they're among the leaders in takeaways.  Kicker is 21/22.  But they're 26th in yards and 25th in yards allowed.  They'll probably sneak into the playoffs... and probably lose in the first round.

Not that we should talk 😂 but I think tomlin is wading into overrated territory.  We’ve been saying he’s doing a good job with no talent for years now but they’ve actually got talent now and they sure make it look like they don’t lol 

McDermott served his purpose stabilizing the  the franchise from almost 2 decades of disaster but it’s time to move on and start winning big games that matter. McDermott isn’t that guy. He’s a mediocre coach and a good culture guy. Unfortunately culture doesn’t win championships, good coaching and good players do. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 11/28/2023 at 3:07 PM, PastaJoe said:

I don’t see McDermott going anywhere as long as Beane is GM. Pegula would have to give him an ultimatum, and Beane would either resign or also be fired. Pegula will likely justify keeping them for another year based on injuries.

McD and Beane both report to Terry last I knew.

There’s no chance McDermott gets fired unless there’s a non football related incident. Which you can’t ever completely rule out but still. I just want a new DC. Not a McDermott puppet. A guy with a totally different scheme and mindset. Could be a younger guy but it doesn’t have to be. I just want a new voice in the room and a different thought process on the way we play Defense. I’m tired of the zone, I’m tired of the predictable plan. I want an aggressive DC that will change up looks and make QBs uncomfortable.

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.