Poor man's Dick Jauron who lucked into the most physically gifted QB ever

Not Applicable

16 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

Better coached team? Or simply a better roster than most of the teams we beat? Can't even say that this yr as we have lost numerous games we had no business losing and its 100% on the bald clappers head

Juaron never had half the roster McDermott has

I've been suspended twice for doing what everyone else on this board does..SHARING MY OPINION 

Better roster? I mean in every big loss we can point to our biggest players coming up short.

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The QB 90% of Bills fans called "the wrong Josh."

I will admit to being one of them.  

7 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Better roster? I mean in every big loss we can point to our biggest players coming up short.

Sure.  And so can every other team.  But some teams have coaches that make the most of the plays where balls aren't dropped, routes are run correctly, blocking is perfect, etc., and McDermott is not one of those coaches.  If the players are playing A- or B+ football, which is fine because I don't expect 11 guys to execute every play perfectly, McDermott's coaching is a C or a C-.  He is the most easily identifiable problem.

Edited by Offside Number 76
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Again. We have a team capable of winning a Super Bowl. Beane is why. 

Bean did two things and that is luck into allen and get diggs but diggs could have been Jefferson so I'm gonna say 1 thing real well....he has focused a disproportionate amount of our top draft picks and FA money on the wrong side of the ball with aged players and now that they are starting to decline we are in cap hell over his mismanagement..he is the gm equivalent of McDermott and I don't get all the love for the guy....you want to see a successful gm? Go look at the eagles gm

36 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I see it as our biggest players are being forced into a broken system designed and ran by McDermott...our defense philosophy is playing not to lose and lose is what they do

Edited by Billever76

7 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

Bean did two things and that is luck into allen and get diggs but diggs could have been Jefferson so I'm gonna say 1 thing real well....he has focused a disproportionate amount of our top draft picks and FA money on the wrong side of the ball with aged players and now that they are starting to decline we are in cap hell over his mismanagement..he is the gm equivalent of McDermott and I don't get all the love for the guy....you want to see a successful gm? Go look at the eagles gm

I see it as our biggest players are being forced into a broken system designed and ran by McDermott...our defense philosophy is playing not to lose and lose is what they do

He "lucked" into Allen? :lol:  Yes, some luck is involved when you are selecting 7th, but don't forget the two trades he pulled off to move up from 23, including getting Cincinnati's 12-pick for Cordy Glenn and a bag of jocks.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

He "lucked" into Allen? :lol:  Yes, some luck is involved when you are selecting 7th, but don't forget the two trades he pulled off to move up from 23, including getting Cincinnati's 12-pick for Cordy Glenn and a bag of jocks.

Again he has focused too much on defense in our drafts and signed old fa defensive players....just the von signing is an aj brown,Mike evans,devante Adam's caliber wr opposite diggs....and those are indisputable FACTS

Just now, Billever76 said:

Again he has focused too much on defense in our drafts and signed old fa defensive players....just the von signing is an aj brown,Mike evans,devante Adam's caliber wr opposite diggs....and those are indisputable FACTS

Plus no one knew allen would turn into what he has...not bean..not McDermott..not a soul...that sir is luck on Beans behalf allen grew into who he now is!...too bad bean has pretty much threw hotdogs at the offense since while serving up burnt filet mignon to the defense side of the ball

after he poop canned dorsey, mc clapper said "this is a results business".

well, at this point we are hoping and praying for the same results we got after the 2019 season, which is a close playoff loss.  where we are right now, we basically have to win out or possibly drop 1 and get a lot of help to make the post season.

we built a quick lead that we held onto into half time, and then got torched by houston making improbable play after play while our d missed tackles.

i remember watching that game and thinking our team needed a star wr more than anything, and we went out and got one.

since then, we've had the same exact exit time and time again from the playoffs, we dumped money on retreat linemen who never quite performed for us, now we have some of the same retreads (shaq and phillip) that we had then, and big dollars invested (along with picks) in the d allowing us to lose the same freaking way we lost that one, ditching a lead and getting trucked on D.

in our first playoff win in a million years, we barely beat indy at home, and our d got trucked in that game something fierce.  we beat up baltimore in a wind tunnel game, and then got steam rolled by KC.

after that, it was 13 seconds and what i (along w many others) thought was a gold brick road to a superbowl ship was destroyed by awful awful coaching.

then we get the improbable 13 win season where cinci murked us after we barely beat miami at home with UPS's best driver at qb.

this season we have been in true playoff form, with some nice leads in games being squandered and a horrible defensive meltdown in 6 games leading us to a 500 record.  

we have who could be the goat at qb and finally a solid offensive line, and mccorch fired the oc in a desperation move.  well that paid off as our o is on fire, but in spite of some early game strong play by the D from time to time, we can still ***** a loss from the jaws of victory by calling the same d out of the same look that opposing players make pithy comments about as they relegate us to the 10th best team in the afc.

well, if this is the results business, the only result mcd can really claim to have added to our team over the past 4 seasons is pissing away an offense that refs and super bowl defenses can't stop while he dumps our draft and cap into our late game lawn chair defense.

he's gotta go.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

That’s just ridiculous.

It's ridiculous? Do you see the soft zones McDermott puts our defense in while nursing small leads? Go back and watch how far off our CBS play the wrs in any of our late game defeats...his defense allowed Mac freaking Jones to look like Burrow unreal

2 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

It's ridiculous? Do you see the soft zones McDermott puts our defense in while nursing small leads? Go back and watch how far off our CBS play the wrs in any of our late game defeats...his defense allowed Mac freaking Jones to look like Burrow unreal

I’ve seen them do everything and get beat in these moments. Everyone always talks about how off the DBs were in the 13 seconds game. But before that they played press man with safety help and got beat for a long TD by Hill. 

It doesn’t matter because we lack clutch playmakers on defense. That’s why they gave Von $100 million but our luck he tears his ACL.

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I’ve seen them do everything and get beat in these moments. Everyone always talks about how off the DBs were in the 13 seconds game. But before that they played press man with safety help and got beat for a long TD by Hill. 

It doesn’t matter because we lack clutch playmakers on defense. That’s why they gave Von $100 million but our luck he tears his ACL.

It's McDermott and deep down you know it lmao....his defense allowed Mac Jones to do to us what mahomes did...allowed tyrod Taylor to do the same if not for refs not calling dpi...allowed kyler murray to do it...allowed baker Mayfield also if Godwin looks up..allowed Watson in Houston ot also.....ITS MCDERMOTT 

Just now, Billever76 said:

It's McDermott and deep down you know it lmao....his defense allowed Mac Jones to do to us what mahomes did...allowed tyrod Taylor to do the same if not for refs not calling dpi...allowed kyler murray to do it...allowed baker Mayfield also if Godwin looks up..allowed Watson in Houston ot also.....ITS MCDERMOTT 

More than likely a combination of both McDermott and defensive players. They always come up small in big moments.

The defensive players always get beat.

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

More than likely a combination of both McDermott and defensive players. They always come up small in big moments.

Soft prevent defense is the issue and always has been since the Houston wc meltdown...that's the hc decision to adjust out of what had been working and trying to scratch out a last second win

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

You're gonna get beat playing 20 yards of the wrs 

5 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

Soft prevent defense is the issue and always has been since the Houston wc meltdown...that's the hc decision to adjust out of what had been working and trying to scratch out a last second win

You're gonna get beat playing 20 yards of the wrs 

I’m telling you though they get beat in critical moments playing tight also. See Vikings game also. I mean all the time. Broncos game they were aggressive and lost as well. 

Yes they play off as well and lose in crunch time. It doesn’t matter. They just lose in these moments.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I’m telling you though they get beat in critical moments playing tight also. See Vikings game also. I mean all the time. Broncos game they were aggressive and lost as well. 

Yes they play off as well and lose in crunch time. It doesn’t matter. They just lose in these moments.

The Broncos game again coaching....back to back jail break blitzes and leaving johnson on an island alone ? 12 men on the field after a TO?

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

The Broncos game again coaching....back to back jail break blitzes and leaving johnson on an island alone ? 12 men on the field after a TO?

McDermott is definitely part of the problem in critical situations. So are the players on defense. It’s definitely a group effort to all the losses at the end.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

McDermott is definitely part of the problem in critical situations. So are the players on defense. It’s definitely a group effort to all the losses at the end.

Lots of players should walk I agree...injury settlement tre,Hyde and poyer are done,von has to stay one more yr as his dead cap hit makes it impossible to cut him,phillips and Lawson gone.....but no matter what we cannot go into next season with mcclappy....we are going to have a bad yr next yr I forsee and it's best to get new coaching in here to evaluate and start to retool the team around the offense imo

IMO McDermott is more like Marvin Lewis and Marty Schottenheimer. Good coaches that can only take their teams so far. He’s done a great job turning the franchise around but does anyone have any confidence in him to make the right decisions in a close game against a quality opponent? 

His list of ways to give away games compared to quality wins isn’t even close. The Baltimore playoff game is probably his best big game win and that was with a hurt Lamar during half the game.

Does anyone see this team going 5-0 or 4-1 the rest of the season? They haven’t won more than two games in a row all season. They are just as likely to finish 8-9 as they are 10-7.

Nice guy but his time has run its course. 

• Agree 2

10 hours ago, Since1981 said:

This thread is correct and interesting. What would this McD team look like without Beane grabbing 17? And what would drought teams look like with 17?

It’s clear that McD is not the answer

I’ve always said McD would have already been fired without having 17. Maybe would have already churned through another HC by now as well. 

McDermott has to go because he doesn't have the judgment to know that the strength of the team is the offense and he should do whatever he can to maximize the scoring.  The defense is terrible and the only way we will win is by running up the scoreboard and taking the risky, rather than safe play.

1 hour ago, TFBillsfan said:

He’s done a great job turning the franchise around but does anyone have any confidence in him to make the right decisions in a close game against a quality opponent? 

Yup!  So give him a fruit basket and a parting gift, as if four years of GM compensation won't be enough, and let's move on.  

7 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Sad it took so long for so many of you to see McDermott was the problem. A vocal minority of us on this board have been trashed for seeing earlier what you all only now see.

6 hours ago, Billever76 said:

I've been suspended twice for doing what everyone else on this board does..SHARING MY OPINION 

I hear both you guys, and yeah, it's been a little rough to understate it, but at the end of the day, not sure it helps beating anyone over the head with this stuff.  

It seems as if the McD apologists are struggling enough within themselves emotionally over this all, seriously, and the realization that they were off, but at the end of the day we're all Bills fans.  

But it's also not as if we had any control over any of it besides spectating.  We show up at the stadium, even in siht weather, assuming we can get there, and do our part for sure.  At games we're all the same, even watching them on TV.  I have yet to see anyone sulking over watching the team live.  We're the best fans, as a collective, that any team could have.  We are now world renowned.  

Let's keep that image in mind.  

If people aren't beaten over the head when they're wrong, maybe next time they won't be as hard on skeptics and people with constructive criticism.  I'm hardly defending it, and I was a frequent victim of it myself, but It should all be about discussion and sharing of ideas, not who's right and who's wrong.  Who cares.  

We're all stuck in the same boat now as fans, one that has some holes in it.  

Let's see where she lands.  

While I know that there's a small subset of fans that simply want entertaining football regardless of the outcomes to the seasons, but at the end of the day most of us want a Lombardi.   

GO BILLS!!!  

20 hours ago, Billever76 said:

I've been saying this for 3 years and have been suspended here twice for voicing my opinion on this bumbling moron of a coach....the biggest issue with the Bills is and always has been McDermott

Soft Serve Sissy Sean McFloormatt is burning thbprimes if the greatest team we've had in years.  Thirteen seconds and twenty seconds secured his legacy a cowardly limp wristed hire from the bowels of Innsmouth which is only possible due to his frat associations.  Many of those hires have fizzled and flamed out in Sabres and Bills circles.  Though it really gets under moderators skins on here.  

Edited by Thriftygamer83

2 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

He doesn't deserve credit for developing a raw asf QB?

Ppl just love to pick and choose to fit their narrative 

He claims to have no responsiblity for offense. He had nothing to do with developing Allen, other than start Peterman over him in his rookie season. 

3 hours ago, TFBillsfan said:

IMO McDermott is more like Marvin Lewis and Marty Schottenheimer. Good coaches that can only take their teams so far. He’s done a great job turning the franchise around but does anyone have any confidence in him to make the right decisions in a close game against a quality opponent? 

His list of ways to give away games compared to quality wins isn’t even close. The Baltimore playoff game is probably his best big game win and that was with a hurt Lamar during half the game.

Does anyone see this team going 5-0 or 4-1 the rest of the season? They haven’t won more than two games in a row all season. They are just as likely to finish 8-9 as they are 10-7.

If they miss the playoffs I’d rather them get a better draft pick and make a HC change. This team needs a playmaker and an injection of optimism. I’d imagine all the top coaching prospects would love to luck into a job with Allen at QB. 

Most of us agreed before the season that McD would need to make it to the AFC championship game to survive another year.

That obviously isn’t happening. Injuries aren’t an excuse. Isn’t that why he has 17 defensive linemen? He can’t blame it on a coordinator that HE hired. He has no DC to blame.

Edited by Governor

Josh Allen > Cam Newton but sadly Newton made the Bowl in year 5. Allen is in year 6 and might not even get the chance to go dancing. I’ve been a McD defender, thought Beane held him back, but McD is making bad decisions in critical moments putting it all on line on defense but not letting Allen go for it in same situation. Like after the throw to Gabe, why not at least line up and draw them offside? Worse case take a TO dial up a banger and go get it. 

13 hours ago, Chaos said:

He claims to have no responsiblity for offense. He had nothing to do with developing Allen, other than start Peterman over him in his rookie season. 

Are you trying to say Allen didn't learn anything from Peterman during those two quarters against the Ravens where he posted a 0.0 passer rating? 😂

So listening to WGR and talking about the bills and one score games I was curious.  They are 17-17 in one score games.  The chiefs are 29-10.  Yes that may have to do with luck and officiating but I figured I would take a look and see what this year looked like.

This years one score games for the bills (8 games).

OT Loss: NYJ 16-22  (punt returned for TD)

Loss: Jaguars 20-25 (kick returned to mid field and 3 and out.  Bills get the ball with 21 seconds left on their own 5)

Win: NYG 14-9 (PI not called against Bills)

Loss: Patriots 25-29 (unable to stop mac jones)

Win: Bucs 24-18 (hail mary failure because Bucs WRs are blind) 

Loss: Bengal 18-24 (unable to stop the offense)

Loss: Broncos 22-24 (12 men)

OT Loss: Philly 34-37 (letting them march down the field for the game tying FG)

The only time the defense was able to stop someone was in the Jags game when they were losing.  Otherwise, while they were ahead, the defense went soft and allowed the other team to get down the field and put the points they needed on the board to win (including the 2 games that they probably should have lost that they won).

And I don't believe they "stopped" philly before the 59 yard fg.  Philly just got as far as they could before time was against them.  Then they took 2 penalties and couldn't risk another play with only 23 seconds left and no TOs.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

The Bengals sent that incredibly mediocre team (being kind) to the playoffs---where McD was outcoached by Doug Marrone.  Doug freaking Marrone....

I mean, you just doubled down on my point, thanks.  Tyrod was horrible.  Horrible every where he has played.  Yet, somehow we made the playoffs with him and an "incredibly mediocre team."  Tyrod's horrendous, "I'm afraid to throw to anyone who isn't open by 5 yards mentality" lost that game for us vs the Jags more than anything.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.