Buffalo / Philly Postgame thread

Simon

Just now, Dan in Owego said:

51 pass attempts is a lot, team game why couldn't the defense rise up to bail him out?

You continue to miss my point. I am

not blaming Allen in any way, or suggesting he was at fault for throwing a pick.

Ā 

I was simply highlighting that it is a team game, with countless situations, and no one should get a pass or have those issues looked over.

Ā 

For whatever reason, you want to defend Allen when I am not trying to attack him.Ā 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

This team really can't afford a down season next year. Going into a new stadium on a downward trend is going to make hard to sell PSL and season ticketsĀ 

I wonder if they were waiting to announce the PSL's during a winning stretch that hasn't come

Ā 

They were supposed to announce it back in early October from what I was toldĀ 

Ā 

Bills miss the playoffs then have to announce PSL's, it's gonna be a show I hope it's televisedĀ 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

I wonder if they were waiting to announce the PSL's during a winning stretch that hasn't come

Ā 

They were supposed to announce it back in early October from what I was toldĀ 

Ā 

Bills miss the playoffs then have to announce PSL's, it's gonna be a show I hope it's televisedĀ 

My guess and my hope is Pegula is already on to Plan B here - fire McD and make a splash hiring at HC.Ā  That would move sales big time.

Ā 

Ā 

• Like (+1) 4

22 hours ago, Bruffalo said:

I couldnā€™t care less about investing in the defense at this point. Weā€™ve already replaced White with Douglas who is arguably just as good.Ā 
Ā 

Go all in on offense and watch this team shine.Ā 

Idk man. Douglas is already 28. Just seems like 2 years from now most of our defense will be washed. We want to go all in on offense but if we do that we are going to have a defense full of bargain bin guys. Diggs and Kincaid is going to be a pair of 1,000 yard receivers. I mean how many of those do you really need before itā€™s overkill. We have good depth behind them. We have a great running back. We even have a great backup TE in Knox.Ā 
Ā 

The Chiefs just won the Super Bowl with their second best pass catcher being JuJu, and lord knows who the next guy after him was, but whoever it was he was trash.Ā 

22 hours ago, DapperCam said:

Next year we have only 4 defensive lineman signed. Ed Oliver, Baby Groot, Von Miller and Kingsley Jonathan (lol). We will have no WR #2 (say what you will about Davis, he is a warm body in a roster slot). Hyde and Rapp will be gone. Poyer and Hamlin are cut candidates. Tre White will be a cut candidate. Elam can't get on the field. Dane Jackson is a UFA.

We have no cap space, and don't even have warm bodies to fill holes. The entire defense is going to be Rapp-caliber signings to fill holes. It's a retool/rebuild year.

I think youā€™re one of the only full realists on here. Itā€™s absolutely a rebuild year.Ā 

3 minutes ago, Bimmer323i said:

One thing Iā€™m still thinking about today is the non horse collar call on Allenā€¦. The way the guy slammed Allen to the ground shouldnā€™t that at least be unesisary roughness or was it cause Allen still had the ball in his hands he was able to get away with it???

He was wearing green.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

You continue to miss my point. I am

not blaming Allen in any way, or suggesting he was at fault for throwing a pick.

Ā 

I was simply highlighting that it is a team game, with countless situations, and no one should get a pass or have those issues looked over.

Ā 

For whatever reason, you want to defend Allen when I am not trying to attack him.Ā 

The pick was his fault - it was a bad passĀ 

• Agree 1

And also I think it sucks that you canā€™t read half the content on here anymore cause itā€™s all locked unless your subscribedā€¦ I wouldnā€™t pay 5 cents if thatā€™s all it wasā€¦ if I was running things I wouldnā€™t even put anything on here that you would have to subscribe to.. why would you wanna Ā do anything to Ā help any Ā of these money hungry greedy newspaper companies Ā out for???

• Eyeroll 1

9 hours ago, CodeMonkey said:

Has he been doing bad this season?Ā  I really don't pay attention to that.Ā  Or is this just based on yesterday?

Ā 

Bottom 7 with 78.3%.Ā  That does not include missed xp.Ā  That does not include not being able to kick the ball into the endzone.Ā  I been saying this stuff for weeks but people just roll their eyes and say he's fine.Ā  There is a reason McD elects to punt in Bass normal range for usually hitting the FG.Ā  There is a reason this guy isn't kicking into the endzone anymore.Ā  Right now this dude is bottom of the league.

9 hours ago, phypon said:

Posted in the wrong thread.Ā  Pasting it here and apologies if it's already been talked about in this thread:

Ā 

I'm wondering how much influence McD had on the last scoring drive in regulation to milk the clock.Ā  I'm guessing it was his call to "not score too fast", like he said about the Broncos game.Ā  In my opinion, you score fast there so that you have time on the clock if you need to score again (which they did).Ā  I think the younger coaches of the game today would have went for the score regardless of the time on the clock knowing they would be in a better position with more time on the clock at the end of regulation.Ā 

Ā 

This is more just of a thought and wondering what others here think about that scenario.Ā  Could have had more than 20 seconds on the clock at the end of the game.

Ā 

Yes, I said it in the GDT as it was happening live and in multiple threads on the forums now.Ā  He wasn't going to burn 7+ minutes of clock.Ā  All he did was burn the clock on himself.

8 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

On one Bills live Tasker keeps saying around you going to let McDermott go to another team and take what heā€™s learned from these losses and let another team benefit from it? I donā€™t want to loosely throw around the thought that something is the dumbest thing I have ever heard but is this guy ***** serious? What does that even mean? Iā€™m not going to mention the fact that McDermott hasnā€™t learned a thing from any of these losses and is still just losing the same way but let another team benefit? What an idiot. Also, so you keep a horseshit coach so another team doesnā€™t get the pleasure of constantly blowing close games and calling a horrible defense? What world is this?

Ā 

Yes, I am going to let him go to another team and let him take what he's learned from these losses.Ā  The only thing he has learned is to continue to coach scared.Ā  He literally took a possession away from our offense last night and relied on a coin flip with Josh Allen as his QB.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Billever76 said:

Miller signing could have been aj brown or devante adams...another caveman decision by bean and McDermottĀ 

I'm all in on the fire McD movement, but this is asinine. Von miller was the answer to the Bills pass rush problems that lost them the AFC conference championship. Von was having a great year and helped seal a regular season win against the Chiefs in Arrowhead. Nobody could of predicted his injury.Ā 

Ā 

Stop with this bull####.

Edited by Herc11
  • Agree 2

8 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

This is an underappreciated point.Ā  I don't blame Bean/McD for Miller's injury.Ā  Hell it's not Miller fault either - S### happens.Ā  But swinging for the fences in signing Miller was a clear example of the Bills screwed up priotites in favoring the D over the O. If you're going to take a chance take one with an older O lineman or skill player.Ā  Get closer to SF's offer for CMAC (even with legit injury concerns) as you know Carolina would have taken a little less to get McCaffrey out of the NFC.

Ā 

In the last 6 seasons the Bills have only taken big swings on offense twice:Ā  drafting Allen and signing Diggs.Ā  And therein lies the problem.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

And if the Bills unloaded to get CMC and he had another significant injury, you all would be out with pitchforks saying "I told you so." Injuries are an unpredictable part of the game. Stop being armchair GM's when it comes to players gettin injured.

• Disagree 1

Even if we remove the horse collar tackle from the debate, we still got hosed here. Davis was right there.Ā  How many times intentional grounding gets over looked because "player in the area" 5-10 yards away.Ā  Davis was maybe 2-3 yards away from the ball.

Ā 

On a side note, it was MVP Davis terrible block that allowed this to happen at all.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Bimmer323i said:

One thing Iā€™m still thinking about today is the non horse collar call on Allenā€¦. The way the guy slammed Allen to the ground shouldnā€™t that at least be unesisary roughness or was it cause Allen still had the ball in his hands he was able to get away with it???

It certainly would have been called if it was Mahomes. You can bank on that.Ā 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Dan in Owego said:

51 pass attempts is a lot, team game why couldn't the defense rise up to bail him out?

The defense gave him chances in the first half with the turnovers. That said it was bad in the 2nd half. If I'm blaming one guy though it's Bass. He's been inconsistent this season.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

My guess and my hope is Pegula is already on to Plan B here - fire McD and make a splash hiring at HC.Ā  That would move sales big time.

Ā 

Ā 

Normally I would disagree, but I have to believe coaches would be lining up for a chance to coach Allen. A talent like his does not come around very often. Ā That said, I have no idea who would count as a "splash hire" these days.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

41 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Normally I would disagree, but I have to believe coaches would be lining up for a chance to coach Allen. A talent like his does not come around very often. Ā That said, I have no idea who would count as a "splash hire" these days.

Ā 

Other than Harbaugh in Michigan not sure either. If Pegula decides to move on from McDermott. It should be finding the best offensive minded coach to pair with Allen. I would be willing to go with someone up and coming that has worked under some of the better offensive minded head coaches in the league. Philly outcoached this team and it starts with the head coach.Ā 

Edited by billieve420
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Harbaugh for sure.Ā  The OC from Detroit would probably qualify.Ā  Maybe Biennemy (before folks howl, the Chiefs do seem to miss him and he has gotten a lot out of Sam Howel), DaBoll if he became available.Ā  I think Reich might qualify as a "splash hire" for a lot of Bills fans.

Ā 

Now pair any of these guys with the likely available Saleh as DC.

Ā 

Ā 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

Just a heads up. Don't watch the NFLN tonight 8:00. The game is being replayed at this time.

I recorded it on Sunday, and watched some of it last night after getting home from work. I zipped ahead on my DVR to the 2nd qtr, with about 7 minutes to go. From that point until halftime, the refs screwed the Bills over mercilessly....the head shot to Kincaid (no call); very next play, blatant holding by Slay right in front of an official who had the perfect angle to see it (no call); then of course the no call Horsecollar on JA, and even his half a$$ pass attempt was not grounding, as Davis was right there. And Romo was pointing out all these mistakes by the refs too. The 2nd half was a little better re "fairness", but the Bills still got the sh**ty end of the stick.

Ā 

As I said in the GD thread, not sure how any unbiased observer would not be calling for the NFL office/Refs to be investigated for "fixing" a game. It was truly astounding. And no holding calls at all on Philly for the whole 1st half? Impossible.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

9 hours ago, Herc11 said:

And if the Bills unloaded to get CMC and he had another significant injury, you all would be out with pitchforks saying "I told you so." Injuries are an unpredictable part of the game. Stop being armchair GM's when it comes to players gettin injured.

Sure that would happen.Ā  But if they took a chance on an offensive superstar who might have injury problems or who was approaching their "best by" date then it at least would show where the Bills priorities were.Ā  The high risk signing of Miller, every bit as risky as signing CMAC, told the world that Bean & McD favored the D over the O big time.

Ā 

Like I said, swinging for the fences on an offensive guy at least would have shown that the Bills had their priorities right.Ā  Instead this organization is wasting Allen's prime years by skimping on the O and yet has failed to create anything approaching a championship caliber defense.Ā  That alone is more then enough reason to part ways with Bean and McD.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

1 minute ago, Bob Jones said:

And no holding calls at all on Philly for the whole 1st half? Impossible.

There were no holding penalties called on them at all, there were 4 penalties on them for 30 yards. Think about that 30 yards 4 penalties almost as if they wanted to increase the number with as few yards as possible. Hell the only serious yardage penalty they took was the roughing the passer one everything else was 5 yards.

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

The Allen INT led to 7 ptsĀ 

So?Ā  Was it a pick 6? Where did the Eagles get the ball?Ā  Focusing on one mistake in a game in which Allen played spectacularly is weird.Ā  If you want to play the "coulda, woulda, shoulda" game how abut 2 missed FG's, a dropped TD pass and a WR that screws up his pass route missing the game winning TD.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, st pete gogolak said:

I think we need a young Alec Baldwin to come into the locker room to give his Glengarry Glenn Ross speech. Ā Always Be Closing!!!

For us older guys, I think they need to bring in somebody like General Savage (Gregory Peck) from the late 1940s war movie, "12 O'Clock High", to give them a motivating speech for the rest of the year. šŸ˜‰ Here's a snippet for those of you who have never seen that movie (I changed a few words to fit the situation):

Ā 

"Iā€™ve been sent here to take over what has come to be known as a hard luck group. Well, I donā€™t believe in hard luck. So weā€™re going to find out what the trouble is. Maybe part of itā€™s your coaching so weā€™re going back to fundamentals. But I can tell you now one reason I think youā€™ve been having hard luck. I saw it in your faces last night. I can see it there now. Youā€™ve been looking at a lot of air latelyā€¦ and you think you ought to have a rest. In short, youā€™re sorry for yourselves. I donā€™t have a lot of patience with this, ā€œWhat are we fighting for?ā€ stuff. Weā€™re in a war, a war to get into the playoffs. Weā€™ve got to fight. And some of us are going to die. Iā€™m not trying to tell you not to be afraid. Fear is normal. But stop worrying about it and about yourselves. Stop making plans. Forget about going home. Consider yourselves already dead. Once you accept that idea, it wonā€™t be so tough. Now if any man here canā€™t buy thatā€¦ if he rates himself as something special, with a special kind of hide to be savedā€¦ heā€™d better make up his mind about it right now. Because I donā€™t want him in this group. Iā€™ll be in my office in five minutes. You can see me there."

Ā 

LOL

Ā 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Harbaugh for sure.Ā  The OC from Detroit would probably qualify.Ā  Maybe Biennemy (before folks howl, the Chiefs do seem to miss him and he has gotten a lot out of Sam Howel), DaBoll if he became available.Ā  I think Reich might qualify as a "splash hire" for a lot of Bills fans.

Ā 

Now pair any of these guys with the likely available Saleh as DC.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Oof, that's an ugly list.

Ā 

Reich, absolutely not.

Bienemy likely isnt making it out of Washington and will promoted to HC

Ā 

Harbaugh is a douche, has bad blood with Jim Kelly, and I'm not sure who his OC would be or what type of Offense he brings considering he's historically been a Greg Roman guy.

Ā 

Dabol is interesting. As is Ben Johnson.

• Agree 1

The more I stew on this the more I get frustrated. How is it possible we lost that game? Ā The only true answer is coaching. Ā  Players will always miss plays, make errors, or cause penalties. They also make plays that create points, gain yardage, make interceptions, and cause fumbles. All of this is part of game play.Ā 
Ā 

coaching is the consistent portion and controllable part of the game. Ā  Our defense was soft under Frazier, and now itā€™s more aggressive but still playing stupid under McD (bad coaching)Our Offense was scattered and lifeless and now seems to be creative and energized Ā (good coaching-small sample)

Ā 

overall game planning and game time decisions are poor. Ā Thatā€™s HC coachingĀ 

Ā 

Gabe Davis consistently running wrong routes-poor coaching and discipline

Ā 

the list goes onā€¦.

Ā 

Time to move on Iā€™ve seen enough

On 11/27/2023 at 9:35 AM, Warcodered said:

To be fair to Bass he missed one long kick in poor conditions, it really ***** sucks and people are building a narrative against him, but that ***** happens, nothing he can do about a blocked kick.

Ā 

He was shanking some chip shots earlier this year and that did cost us.

Ā 

I feel like he is hitting them better now.

Ā 

Kickers have these ups and downs, but Bass has been pretty consistent for us overall.

Ā 

With so many tight games where we let teams close on any lead we have late, those points lost on kicks get magnified.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

6 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

So?Ā  Was it a pick 6? Where did the Eagles get the ball?Ā  Focusing on one mistake in a game in which Allen played spectacularly is weird.Ā  If you want to play the "coulda, woulda, shoulda" game how abut 2 missed FG's, a dropped TD pass and a WR that screws up his pass route missing the game winning TD.

Hold your rant:Ā 

Ā 

I was correcting his assertion that it resulted in 3 pointsĀ 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.