Buffalo / Philly Postgame thread

Simon

Just now, Roundybout said:

You are either trolling, in which you need to be banned, or you have autism or something. 

To blame Allen for this loss, in which he gave us the lead late TWICE, shows me you need to be institutionalized. It's not even worth discussing. 

Shocking, shockingly bad take. And you won't stop. You left the GDT when Allen scored. You left when he brought us back twice. And then you show up when the game is over to blame him. 

You're transparent. You're a troll. No sane person believes what you do. 

Then do me a ***** favor genius and put me on mute so I don't have to endure your insufferable ramblings.

• Eyeroll 3
  • Dislike 1

20 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

Exactly this. That was a damn good football game between two really great teams. But because the Bills lost to the Pats, Jets and Broncos it ended their season. Oh well. I could get angry, but what good does that do?

Yeah, as bad as this loss was, the losses to the Jets and the Pats are the games keeping the Bills out of the playoffs. They were inexcusable losses. With that said, I guess curses are curses for a reason, and the Bills certainly are cursed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

13 seconds

That abomination in new England this year

Choking against the broncos 

Should have lost the NYG game too except for a stupid Tyrod audible at the end of the 2nd and #7 getting away with a hold on the last play of the game

Really curious to know what it wouldve looked like with Brady calling the plays the entire year. Dude called a pretty great game. That last regulation drive was magnificent.

Probably wouldnt matter much since our Defensive Coordinator/HC cant get a stop.

Only silver lining is if these types of losses are opening Pegula's eyes as to what needs to be done in the offseason. 🤞

• Like (+1) 8

1 minute ago, jlgarsh said:

He didn't. Plus it was in Diggs hands and the defender ripped it out. Wasn't one of Diggs' best games

That int was on Josh .. but Diggs dropped a few. This game is not on Josh .. agree the int is frustrating but the guy played unreal and carried this team all day in the pouring ass rain 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, QLBillsFan said:

Did anyone think we should have gone for it on 4th and 7? If it didn’t work out McClappy gets destroyed but what’s the difference. I’ll take Josh 4th and 7 vs our poor D in OT. Did anyone think the Eagles were not going to score ?

To that point, if the Bills go into it thinking it was 4 down territory they could have picked up some of it on 3rd down and not gone for the dagger.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Coach just talked about the direction "we are now headed" on offense.

You're headed toward a long shot at the playoffs.

Don't talk about potential now like it's some passing opportunity.

You're out of chances. You're out of mulligans. You have no chance to make another mistake. You do not need to be headed anywhere. It's too late to find direction.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

What really bothers me about McD: no sense of urgency or of any need to adjust strategy/tactics to the situation.

A little game theory approach: The Bills desperately needed a win. Not a tie. A win.

Philly? Of course they wanted a win. But a tie would be very useful to them, given that they'd still be a one-loss NFC team and everyone else has at least 3 losses. So the Bills absolutely needed a TD in overtime. What I saw suggested that a TD would be great - game over! - but a FG would also be o.k. The play calling up till the final play suggested that.

Allen has that killer instinct. Does McD?

Allen threw a TD to Davis who ran the wrong way.  All he had to do is run the same route he ran in the playoffs against KC that led to the 13 seconds debacle.  It's not like he hasn't run that before.

2 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

Did anyone think we should have gone for it on 4th and 7? If it didn’t work out McClappy gets destroyed but what’s the difference. I’ll take Josh 4th and 7 vs our poor D in OT. Did anyone think the Eagles were not going to score ?

The only way to stop the Eagles offense was to keep them and the Bills defense off the field in OT.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

To me, that was the one critical head coaching error that McD made. You have to have a better feel for the game at that point. 

• Agree 1

Just now, boyst said:

Coach just talked about the direction "we are now headed" on offense.

You're headed toward a long shot at the playoffs.

Don't talk about potential now like it's some passing opportunity.

You're out of chances. You're out of mulligans. You have no chance to make another mistake. You do not need to be headed anywhere. It's too late to find direction.

The offense has looked very good under Brady...however, until tendencies are able to be gotten on him that doesn't necessarily mean a lot...if we have some dud offensive games at the end of the year that might be the DC's catching up with him.

1 minute ago, DapperCam said:

If you really think about it, the offense gave the team the game-winning go ahead score twice! The defense just had to make one stop and they couldn’t do it.

Instead they give up nearly 40 points.

I said when Milano went down it was a devastating loss, and when you add White and the other injuries into the mix it's a miracle the defense isn't giving up 40 points every game.

Just now, UKBillFan said:

That interception was a bit of a “here we go again” blot on an otherwise very good night from Josh, in fairness. Whilst the finger of blame is being pointed to Cook, Davis, Bass, McDermott… don’t throw an INT, win the game. 

And he’s thrown an INT on that same play a bunch of times. Remember Peppers in the NE game saying how he did it? This time, the DB took a half step back to bait Josh to throw to the low guy and then jumped the route. The book is out. 

Sitting here getting ready for my week. I had a funny thought regarding the longshot chance of firing McDermott in season. The interim coach I thought about? Frazier.

It's be perfect as the final fall guy. No coach is going to want to be interim only to be fired at the end. 

Just now, Big Turk said:

The offense has looked very good under Brady...however, until tendencies are able to be gotten on him that doesn't necessarily mean a lot...if we have some dud offensive games at the end of the year that might be the DC's catching up with him.

At this rate, we may not be able to tell - the Bills might be in a position to tank.

It is true that Dorsey started hot last year. And, Jets aside - which wasn’t really on his play calling - the offense started hot this year too.

Just now, Low Positive said:

And he’s thrown an INT on that same play a bunch of times. Remember Peppers in the NE game saying how he did it? This time, the DB took a half step back to bait Josh to throw to the low guy and then jumped the route. The book is out. 

One of Josh's weakness is that he really doesn't read defenses all that well. It gets overlooked by his athletic play, but good DCs know it and it's a repeated problem.

• Agree 2

Are we ignoring the 60 yard luck shot in the pouring rain? I mean come on people, the calls for McD’s head were more appropriate vs the Broncos flop…not when you lose a shootout in OT to the reigning NFC champs.

I get the frustration, and the pattern it plays to, but there are bigger issues than McD in this game. 

• Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

It'll be interesting. And if that happens while Allen continues to recover to himself it could be an interesting crossroads. 

1 minute ago, Low Positive said:

400 yards 4TDs that book must look more like a pamphlet 

3 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

To me, that was the one critical head coaching error that McD made. You have to have a better feel for the game at that point. 

Eagles scored 3 TDs just before that and marched down for the FG at the end of regulation.

Anyone paying attention knew the defense was cooked.

• Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.