Have a great Thanksgiving everyone

scuba guy

My plans well

I will leave the house at 630am work on framing a roof out over a camper till around 430 pm. Go home cook up the roast potatoes 🥔 onions and green bean casserole. Eat and sit in front of a warm fire in my house.

Priceless my view of lake Ontario 😍 while working,  not having to listen to the other half family.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 19

35 minutes ago, scuba guy said:

My plans well

I will leave the house at 630am work on framing a roof out over a camper till around 430 pm. Go home cook up the roast potatoes 🥔 onions and green bean casserole. Eat and sit in front of a warm fire in my house.

Priceless my view of lake Ontario 😍 while working,  not having to listen to the other half family.

Same to you and everyone else. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I wish the games were better.  The NFL doesn't have a single AFC team playing - kind of a mistake, imo.  

Thankful for a lot of things, but one of them is that we're still in the mix for the playoffs, and another is that we have Josh Allen.

Enjoy, everyone!

25 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Birds going on the smoker at 430 am. Will be cooking all day.

What type of smoker do you have?

I have 2 green eggs medium and an xl.

Less than 20 pounds goes in the medium smoke it for 3.5 hours perfect. Last year had 47 people 3 birds 28 25 22lbs all in the xl 5  hours.  Perfect.  Never have smoked a bird all day.  If you have an injection tool use water with your mix not butter and inject the beast.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, scuba guy said:

What type of smoker do you have?

I have 2 green eggs medium and an xl.

Less than 20 pounds goes in the medium smoke it for 3.5 hours perfect. Last year had 47 people 3 birds 28 25 22lbs all in the xl 5  hours.  Perfect.  Never have smoked a bird all day.  If you have an injection tool use water with your mix not butter and inject the beast.

Gonna run it at 225 on a pit master BBQ box pellet smoker. It's a 22lb bird. Have it spatchcocked and injected, sitting in the fridge. Tomorrow morning I'll stuff butter under the skin and rub the bird. Then in she goes, low and slow

• Like (+1) 1

For a few years, I used to deep fry the bird at my sister's place in Buffalo, which was awesome. One year it snowed the whole time and I was out there with beers having a blast, watching snow flakes falling into the bubbling oil.

Another year I smoked it on a big Weber kettle. Not very fancy but it came out really great.

Now that we're in Germany, I'm just roasting a couple turkey legs for the four of us (a four year old and a one year old don't need much). No cranberries to be found.

Have a great Turkey Day, all. Enjoy being in the USA, those who are!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Gonna run it at 225 on a pit master BBQ box pellet smoker. It's a 22lb bird. Have it spatchcocked and injected, sitting in the fridge. Tomorrow morning I'll stuff butter under the skin and rub the bird. Then in she goes, low and slow

Yummy 😋 

Always remember if your looking your not cooking 😉 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bogie_Klinkhammer said:

I will leave the house at 4:30 am frame 2 roofs, build a new barn then make it home by 6:30 then cook dinner for the entire neighborhood 

Slacker..

1 hour ago, Captain_Quint said:

Move it to 'Off The Wall', please. Nothing Bills or football related. 

You'll be a great moderator some day! 😃

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Success said:

I wish the games were better.  The NFL doesn't have a single AFC team playing - kind of a mistake, imo.  

Thankful for a lot of things, but one of them is that we're still in the mix for the playoffs, and another is that we have Josh Allen.

Enjoy, everyone!

I’m just glad the Bills aren’t playing. Thanksgiving games have not been kind to us. 

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! 

We have about 20 coming tomorrow, including my mother who will be 96 on Friday. We don’t break her out of the nursing home lightly, but how often do you turn 96? 

• Like (+1) 3

Wishing a Happy Thanksgiving to my Mafia family here and abroad. Enjoy the food, loved ones, family, and friends. Be thankful, as best you can because I know some people are going through some things, for these moments. Be blessed everyone. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Listening to Alice's Restaurant and then the Band's Last Waltz, watching three football games, and eating a feast with the family. 

What could be better?

Oh right, I know: the Bills not playing on Thanksgiving to ruin my dinner with a devastating injury or crushing loss!

Hallelujah. I truly am thankful.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I began my  cooking / prep yesterday so I can parcel it out and at least attempt to keep up with the dishes. it is my favorite meal of the year.

a quick yummy holiday special appetizer we always have is  boiled shrimp, cocktail sauce, ritz crackers, canned smoked oysters and muenster cheese..

delicioso

Enjoy and pace yourselves. Food comas suck 🙂

• Like (+1) 3

To anyone who -- during or after their Thanksgiving meal -- wants to accomplish the dual feats of resuscitating your appetite so you can have seconds AND being better equipped to tolerate your annoying uncle who won't shut up about Josh's interceptions: 

May I suggest weed? Like a bunch of it. Get good and zooted. Pie never tasted so good and Uncle Marvin's face mole never looked so hilarious, I promise.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Ray Stonada said:

For a few years, I used to deep fry the bird at my sister's place in Buffalo, which was awesome. One year it snowed the whole time and I was out there with beers having a blast, watching snow flakes falling into the bubbling oil.

Another year I smoked it on a big Weber kettle. Not very fancy but it came out really great.

Now that we're in Germany, I'm just roasting a couple turkey legs for the four of us (a four year old and a one year old don't need much). No cranberries to be found.

Have a great Turkey Day, all. Enjoy being in the USA, those who are!

Where in Germany?  

1 minute ago, Draconator said:

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

I'll be working, but it's not bad. 10 hours holiday pay and 10 hours at time and a half for working on a holiday. Same thing for Black Friday. I'm grateful 

Gee, do you at least get Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow?

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.