[Vague Title] Worst part for me:

Antonio

It is very sad when my friends stop making fun of me and the Bills and really start to feel bad.

The bullying stops, the jokes are no longer there, once this season a freind of mine told me he rather have the Bills win against his team ´cause he didn't want me to feel numb again.

I don´t want to feel this way, I want to enjoy the season its ups and downs, but lately, it has been a freefall. 

I truly want to be a Bills fan for life, but this is too much: 4 SBs, Music City, 13 seconds, 12 man. What ealse is there tu endure???

We need the BILLS to start giving back.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Time to figure out what your priorities in life are. What makes you happy? If the Bill's success is it, time to give it some thought. You have no control over this franchise. Never did, never will. Never understood the "world is on fire" crowd here. 

Sad, but true: someone called WGR a couple of weeks ago and said he's in his 80's and would love to see a SAB win before he dies to complete his life. I'm 56 yrs old and hope that when that time comes, I don't think to myself "they didn't win one for me". 

10 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

You think you have problems? Someone broke into my car and left 2 tickets to the next Bills game.

Sounds like the OP could use a joke or two and that was a damn good one. Damn good.

Here's a good one.

Three old ladies were sitting on a park bench when a flasher walked by them. The 1st old lady had a stroke, the 2nd old lady had a stroke, the 3rd old lady couldn't reach.

Edited by Dopey
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

You think you have problems? Someone broke into my car and left 2 tickets to the next Bills game.

You think YOU have problems, someone bought Pats tickets for 12/31 on MY credit card a few months ago!  The audacity!  :beer: 

• Haha (+1) 3

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A better title will help the community find information faster and make your topic more likely to be read. The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

yah my kc swifts friend called 2 c if i was ok, was legit concerned, n last time we beat em he threatened to break my door down n beat me up, we didnt talk for 6months.......... so for him to b concerned was concerning for me...

when one becomes numb to disappointment then that is a cause for concern... 

well we took an oath, once a bills mafiosi always a bills mafiosi....

• Sad 1

Being a Bills fan isn't for wimps.

I can't think of a fanbase who has had so many heartbreaks, and most of them are ones opposing fans can name.

Maybe the Red Sox before 2004?  Who else?  Cubs fans before their title?

It's a small group.  But I think we're at the top.  No team finds new & excruciating ways to lose like the Bills do.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

The worst part for me was as ***** awful as that game was we somehow got to watch them pull off a win at the end, only to still somehow find a way to ***** lose in the stupidest way imaginable.

There should be a verb for that, like "The Bills Seaned it up again."

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Success said:

I can't think of a fanbase who has had so many heartbreaks, and most of them are ones opposing fans can name.

It's a small group.  But I think we're at the top.  No team finds new & excruciating ways to lose like the Bills do.

The Sox and Cubs were absolutely right there with us before they broke through and Won their recent championships.  Maybe the Browns but I don't know if they have as many legendary heartbreaking moments as Us or the Sox, Cubs as much as they just usually suck 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

The worst part for me was as ***** awful as that game was we somehow got to watch them pull off a win at the end, only to still somehow find a way to ***** lose in the stupidest way imaginable.

Not sure if this is 100% accurate but last night my son said it was the first time we had a win taken away after time expired. Will we be first franchise that has a win vacated the day after?  Seems like a natural progression. 

7 hours ago, Bangarang said:

😂

Reminds me of the time I went to an Amerks hockey game, and the announcer says over the PA that each member of the winning team gets a free case of Genny beer.

This guy doesn't miss a beat, jumps up, and shouts, and each member of the losing team receives two cases.  

Edited by PBF81
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Success said:

Vikings are probalby up there.   They've had some crazy losses including playoff games, and have a good loyal fan base

But yeah, being a Bills fan hardens you.  It sucks when you can rank just heartbreaking Monday Night Football losses.  That one last night only ranks 3rd worse for me on MNF.   Also sucks, when you know it's coming.     I didn't say it out loud,  But when Denver missed the the 2nd extra point, I immediately thought Bills will lose 24 - 22. 

• Like (+1) 1

Anticipating the game, when the Bills play, is torture.

Watching the game isn't fun.

It's 3 and a half hours of nail-biting angst, praying for a win.

Afterwards, it's either feeling sick to my stomach, a feeling that lingers for days, or relief over a last second reprieve, and feeling sick to my stomach for days.

That, unfortunately, isn't just a figure of speech.  

If we win, I can at least tune in to WGR, the NFL Network, and click on to Two Bills Drive.

Losses mean self-imposed isolation and occasionally checking into social media.  Watching the NFL Network replays are worse than a root canal.  

Mature adults aren't supposed to react so extremely to their team's ups and downs, but when it comes to being a Bills fan, reason doesn't apply.  

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Success said:

I would think Browns fans might like a word with you.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsPride12 said:

Maybe the Browns but I don't know if they have as many legendary heartbreaking moments as Us or the Sox, Cubs as much as they just usually suck 

Seriously?? Instead of losing Super Bowls, they lost AFC Championship games as part of their games with names. Red Right 88 (divisional round), the Drive, the Fumble...then they actually MOVED. Ceased to exist, not knowing at the time the team was coming back. And when it did, because of how well the Panthers and Jaguars had done as expansion teams with the advantages they were given, the Browns were handcuffed severely in an attempt to correct it. As they experienced true expansion seasons, the the team that left just 5 years earlier WON the Super Bowl. Then did it again.. while they've endured two and half decades of futility as they've attempted to get back what was taken from them.  During that time, the coach that cut their beloved hero (Kosar), Bill Belichick, who was the coach when the team was stolen from them, won SIX Super Bowls. They had the Helmet Toss game with Dwayne Rudd. Bottlegate. They once lost a game by blocking a field goal too well..blocking a kick in OT at Pittsburgh on 3rd down but it didn't cross the line and the Steelers got to kick again on 4th down. They had to endure a winless season during a stretch where they went 1-31 amidst a larger stretch where they went 4-44. Since '99, theyve  had only three winning seasons,two playoff appearances,  lost a playoff game at their hated rival Steelers after leading 24-7 in the 3rd quarter and in their only other playoff season in 24 years, they couldn't attend the games because of a worldwide pandemic. The other winning season.2007..needed the Colts to beat the Titans on Sunday Night Football to get in, but the Colts sat Manning and played Jim Sorgi in the finale and the Browns were eliminated.

Losing 4 Super Bowls would be a crowning achievement for Browns fans..yet here people sit sad-sacking it like they've endured so much. That 6 plus years of Bills football was glorious. How many HOF ceremonies have Bills fans gotten to enjoy? How many playoff runs? How many playoff runs the last few years? Hell, even the almost seasons in Buffalo..all the 8-8's, 7-9's during the Bills drought would be enjoyable seasons for Browns fans. 

Sack up people.  Bills are 5-5 and acting like the world has ended. 

Edited by 34-30
  • Shocked 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Antonio said:

It is very sad when my friends stop making fun of me and the Bills and really start to feel bad.

The bullying stops, the jokes are no longer there, once this season a freind of mine told me he rather have the Bills win against his team ´cause he didn't want me to feel numb again.

I don´t want to feel this way, I want to enjoy the season its ups and downs, but lately, it has been a freefall. 

I truly want to be a Bills fan for life, but this is too much: 4 SBs, Music City, 13 seconds, 12 man. What ealse is there tu endure???

We need the BILLS to start giving back.

life lesson..if you cant love someone or something at their worst, you dont deserve them or it at their best... I love my team and always will despite moving away from WNY decades ago...yeah this sucks and they just make it hard sometimes..besides who else ya gonna root for....no matter...it wont be the same

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Dopey said:

Time to figure out what your priorities in life are. What makes you happy? If the Bill's success is it, time to give it some thought. You have no control over this franchise. Never did, never will. Never understood the "world is on fire" crowd here. 

Sad, but true: someone called WGR a couple of weeks ago and said he's in his 80's and would love to see a SAB win before he dies to complete his life. I'm 56 yrs old and hope that when that time comes, I don't think to myself "they didn't win one for me". 

You talk a lot of sense, Dopey.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Dopey said:

Sounds like the OP could use a joke or two and that was a damn good one. Damn good.

Here's a good one.

Three old ladies were sitting on a park bench when a flasher walked by them. The 1st old lady had a stroke, the 2nd old lady had a stroke, the 3rd old lady couldn't reach.

I needed that man...and you're right. We need to all take a deep breath and re-evaluate the important things in life. Family, friends,  retirement,  golf, less stressing over this team.  We have no control.  Most players don't listen anyway,  they're after the bag.

• Like (+1) 1

WOW!!! 

Thank you all for your response, I really needed that. From all the jokes to the well written 34-30 truth about the Browns and how we haven´t been as bad as we think. I still think we have had some really bad moments, but oh boy Browns fans really had it tough. 

I was feeling so bad, but I´m still here and I will continue to be here, cheering this team. I just hope we get rewarded sometime, but if we don´t at least I can say we have the best group of fans in the world.

Living in Mexico where EVERYBODY grew to be a Cowboy fan in the 90´s was hard. Then Brady came in and the new generation was all Pats fans. Fortunately the sport has grown a lot and with that came a diversity of new fans, so I run every now and then with new Bills fansand some some old timers that were lost in the crowd.

I'm glad I chose the Bills, I've been many times to Buffalo, made some good friends in there and experienced some of the best memories I can remember.

GO BILLS!!!  

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I needed that man...and you're right. We need to all take a deep breath and re-evaluate the important things in life. Family, friends,  retirement,  golf, less stressing over this team.  We have no control.  Most players don't listen anyway,  they're after the bag.

AND... we have 7 games left in the season. We were 7-6 during the 2021 season, went on a run and had that epic playoff game vs. KC. Different circumstances, I know, but there's hope. I sat through consecutive 2-14 seasons and watched every game. Why would this version keep me away?

7 hours ago, Ray Stonada said:

You talk a lot of sense, Dopey.

If I could do a thank you along with the laugh, I would. :beer:

• Awesome! (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Success said:

Nobody puts the wagons in a half circle like the Buffalo Bills?!

On 11/14/2023 at 2:06 PM, JJGauna said:

I love the Bills too but when the season turns sour it’s time prioritize what’s really important in life. This game should never ruin a week of life for you.

Absolutely agree! There is so many more important things in life than football. Football should be an escape for a few hours from the stress of your real life nothing more because win or lose ya still gotta go to work the next day.  If it’s a bad year or disappointing year, make fun of it and them.. My son loves to break down defenses and see what he can learn from them.. he always says the same thing in pats games “ damn the Pats O line really stinks!” (I cleaned it up his language was much more colorful lol)

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Antonio said:

WOW!!! 

Thank you all for your response, I really needed that. From all the jokes to the well written 34-30 truth about the Browns and how we haven´t been as bad as we think. I still think we have had some really bad moments, but oh boy Browns fans really had it tough. 

And now..with the Browns at 6-3 with a home game vs Pittsburgh on Sunday..after waiting YEARS And YEARS to be in real contention....Deshaun Watson out for the season. After having already lost Nick Chubb. 

They start rookie Dorien Thompson-Robinson at QB.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.