Meanwhile, over in Jests land...

Low Positive

reason: Rodgers loves Zach and Rodgers is Zach's idol. 

No matter what, if/when Rodgers is ready to come back Zach would 100% step aside without any hard feelings because he's one of Aaron's biggest fans. 

Even if the Jets were 10-3 under Wilson that's his hero and he would look at it as having done his part to keep the team alive for Rodgers return. 

Edited by TheFunPolice

Look at it from a global standpoint? What does that mean?

Just now, TheFunPolice said:

No matter what, if/when Rodgers is ready to come back Zach would 100% step aside without any hard feelings because he's one of Aaron's biggest fans. 

Why does it matter if he would have hard feelings or not?

• Like (+1) 5

It was stupid of JD and Saleh to go into the season with Wilson as the backup. Rodgers at 40 was not going to last the whole season playing behind that OL. If they had a decent backup they would probably be in a playoff spot right now. It has to be killing Jets fans to see CJ Stroud showing that he is going to be the Texans franchise QB in his rookie year and they have to listen to the organization talk about Zach improving in year 3 even though he isn't.

• Agree 1

Just now, MJS said:

Why does it matter if he would have hard feelings or not?

It wouldn't really, because it's the coach's decision, but there would be no locker room divide the way there might otherwise be. 

That's the reason Zach is not getting benched, and why the Jets never made any real move at QB when Rodgers went down. 

Aaron is coming back this season and it's Zach's job to hold down the fort and be a good soldier and step aside when/if the time comes. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Even if the Jets were 10-3 under Wilson that's his hero and he would look at it as having done his part to keep the team alive for Rodgers return. 

Sure. But the point here is that it's not Salah's decision to keep rolling Zach out there. Someone else is making that call. Gotta be Woody Johnson.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, FrenchConnection said:

Sure. But the point here is that it's not Salah's decision to keep rolling Zach out there. Someone else is making that call. Gotta be Woody Johnson.

That's what I'm saying. Aaron wants Zach in there and is pushing hard for him to stay in. 

The Jets were the team that wanted to give Aaron whatever it took for him to be happy. 

Edited by TheFunPolice

1 minute ago, TheFunPolice said:

It wouldn't really, because it's the coach's decision, but there would be no locker room divide the way there might otherwise be. 

That's the reason Zach is not getting benched, and why the Jets never made any real move at QB when Rodgers went down. 

Aaron is coming back this season and it's Zach's job to hold down the fort and be a good soldier and step aside when/if the time comes. 

A 40-year-old coming back from a torn Achillies in less than 4 months. I can't see it happening. If he does by some miracle come back, there is an excellent chance he will hurt it again. They lose to the Raiders this Sunday night to go 4-5 and then lose at Buffalo to go 4-6 what would be the point of him coming back in a losing year.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Gregg said:

A 40-year-old coming back from a torn Achillies in less than 4 months. I can't see it happening. If he does by some miracle come back, there is an excellent chance he will hurt it again. They lose to the Raiders this Sunday night to go 4-5 and then lose at Buffalo to go 4-6 what would be the point of him coming back in a losing year.

I was reading an article that quoted a surgeon who works on these types of injuries and his take was that it would be quick but not impossible, and the risk would not really be hurting the Achilles again but hurting something else in the knee, ankle or leg trying to compensate for it. 

Apparently there was a Russian gymnast who competed in the Olympics just 3 months after tearing his achilles, and of course a gymnast is landing on it, exploding off of it, putting a ton more force on it than a QB. 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Jets have a ton of OL injuries and lost their starting QB five seconds into Week 1. 

I'm not even trying to laugh at them when they've gone through all of that, plus a tougher schedule, and sit a half game behind us.

It's that the HC of an NFL team couldn't get "Zach gives us the best chance to win" out of his mouth. I'm not laughing at the Jets. I'm laughing at Salah's inability to not create national news. This was a front-page story on both ESPN and SI.com.

26 minutes ago, MJS said:

Guessing ownership. Probably told him he had to make it work with Wilson. Once they are satisfied it’s not going to happen, then they can move on. Woody Johnson has always been clueless and unethical as an NFL owner. I was surprised when Saleh took that job. It is one of the few HC jobs in the NFL that up and coming coaches should be wary of accepting due to ownership. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Guessing ownership. Probably told him he had to make it work with Wilson. Once they are satisfied it’s not going to happen, then they can move on. Woody Johnson has always been clueless and unethical as an NFL owner. I was surprised when Saleh took that job. It is one of the few HC jobs in the NFL that up and coming coaches should be wary of accepting due to ownership. 

The Browns too. The Bengals have bad ownership, but they never fire coaches so I think any coach would jump at that chance. It's like academic tenure for NFL coaches.

It sounds like 'global' means, I'm juggling the short term vs the long term interest of the organization. The long term interests being, figure out if your 1st round 2nd overall pick can play or not (in a year where realistically your superbowl chances were over 5 minutes into game 1). The record is a mirage, the jests know this, which is why you play Wilson and see what you've got. 

5-4 and sideline shots of Rodgers throwing the football is a nice story for the media, but it's not real. I give Saleh a lot of credit for the coaching job he's done to get this team to 5-4, but anyone thinking they can make the playoffs and make a run has not been following the the offensive brand of football in the NFL for the past 10 years. 

1 minute ago, FrenchConnection said:

The Browns too. The Bengals have bad ownership, but they never fire coaches so I think any coach would jump at that chance. It's like academic tenure for NFL coaches.

I think the Browns ownership might have leaned their lesson with Hue Jackson and Freddy Kitchens debacles. They have taken a big step back from football ops  since. Jimmy Haslam will always gets the unethical nod from me for the Pilot/Flying J rebate scam though. Many other owners seem suspect in this arena too. The Haslams certainly belong on the watch list for years to come. 

The worst one - Dan Snyder - is now gone. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Even milquetoast Aikman took two shots at Wilson on the opening drive of the last game.  I was shocked. 

I had no idea Semien has already been there over a month. Saleh is an IDIOT for sticking with Wilson.  Trevor is a journeyman, but still 100x better than Milf Hunter Wilson.  

Edited by LabattBlue

That's most definitely the owner saying "I'm not paying that dude $10 million to sit on a bench."

Rich people are at their core, cheapskates.  Regardless of performance, he wants to get his money's "worth" out of his "investment."

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

I was reading an article that quoted a surgeon who works on these types of injuries and his take was that it would be quick but not impossible, and the risk would not really be hurting the Achilles again but hurting something else in the knee, ankle or leg trying to compensate for it. 

Apparently there was a Russian gymnast who competed in the Olympics just 3 months after tearing his achilles, and of course a gymnast is landing on it, exploding off of it, putting a ton more force on it than a QB. 

It’s a little different when there’s a government holding a gun to your head and your families heads to compete or everyone you know will die. Just sayin. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

I pictured Peter Parker gawking over Tony Stark reading that. 

Edited by The Jokeman
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, DeltaDigital said:

he doesnt have to. josh cant beat zach wilson. it's one of lifes great mysteries. 

He doesn't play Zach Wilson. He plays the Jets defense. Salah practically has Dorsey's playbook. He's said as much. The great mystery is why the Bills D always allows one long backbreaking TD drive to Zach Wilson. For that, I have no answer.

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

If not for that coach and GM's Peterman -esque love for Wilson and their total commitment to not upgrading the OL the Jets would likely be AFCE Champs this year. 

Relying on duane brown was always a mistake as he's... 38 and missed time a year ago.  Vera-tucker was coming along and got hurt.  Bectons actually healthy and seems to be playing ok, but even with tomlinson who they paid a lot the interior is a mess.  

They're like our doppelganger of our defensive injuries.  Healthy defense and missing rodgers, Brown, Vera-tucker, Mcgovern etc. 

10 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

He doesn't play Zach Wilson. He plays the Jets defense. Salah practically has Dorsey's playbook. He's said as much. The great mystery is why the Bills D always allows one long backbreaking TD drive to Zach Wilson. For that, I have no answer.

Ehhh this season that was 57 yards with 2 3rd down conversions.  And it was right out of a turnover, at home... just a huge shift in momentum.  Their long drive was really just an 83 yard run that probably should've gone for 6, but they ended with 3.  

Can't blame the defense for Allen turning it over at midfield up 13-6.  Or fumbling the very next snap in a tie game with 5 minutes left.  

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

The problem with this line of thinking is that it's likely that in a few more weeks there will be no point in Rodgers coming back this season.  Wilson is simply awful, and his play has deteriorated over the last 2 games.   There have been several unheralded rookie and/or UDFA QBs making their first few starts in the NFL this season who have played with more savvy than Wilson.  Half way through his third season with 29 starts, he's no better at sensing pressure, at making good decisions, at seeing the field, etc than he was as a rookie -- and he wasn't very good then.  

My guess is that the decision to continue to start Wilson comes from significantly higher up the corporate food chain than HC Salah.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, mrags said:

It’s a little different when there’s a government holding a gun to your head and your families heads to compete or everyone you know will die. Just sayin. 

And.. it's not like the Russian Olympic committee is the bastion of sportsmanship...

Russia is banned from the Olympics for cheating so they had to create an roc team...

Me think they also pumped this guy full of every single Russian steroid, walrus sperm, pterodactyl wings and whatever black magic they use

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Thank you (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, SoTier said:

The problem with this line of thinking is that it's likely that in a few more weeks there will be no point in Rodgers coming back this season.  Wilson is simply awful, and his play has deteriorated over the last 2 games.   There have been several unheralded rookie and/or UDFA QBs making their first few starts in the NFL this season who have played with more savvy than Wilson.  Half way through his third season with 29 starts, he's no better at sensing pressure, at making good decisions, at seeing the field, etc than he was as a rookie -- and he wasn't very good then.  

My guess is that the decision to continue to start Wilson comes from significantly higher up the corporate food chain than HC Salah.

Oh, I'm not saying it's smart or that I agree with it. But IMO it's 100% because Rodgers backs Zach and is giving the strong impression that he'll be back soon. Those in charge (maybe the owner or GM) are making sure this happens unless it becomes untenable. 

Rodgers has gone out of his way to defend Zach on his weekly MacAfee appearances.

The team is doing everything it can to please Aaron.

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

I pictured Peter Parker gawking over Robert Stark reading that. 

pretty much how it is I think! Wilson has idolized Rodgers since he was a kid. 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

Even milquetoast Aikman took two shots at Wilson on the opening drive of the last game.  I was shocked. 

He’s never been shy to criticize qb’s and he doesn’t go starry eyes over the good one’s.  Airman has his faults but criticizing qb’s aren’t one of them.

2 hours ago, Gregg said:

Or they beat the Raiders (whose O is god awful) and they always play the Bills hard so they could be 6-4 and in second place in the division.. (at worst they be 5-5 I can’t see the raiders beating that D)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.