Week 8 - Around the NFL (i.e. NOT a Bills thread please)

aristocrat

7 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

So sweet to see the Chiefs lose. And sweeter still to a crap team.

Not too often you'll see a team beat the Chiefs with just 114 yards passing...

So if we lose next week do they still remain a “crap” team?

8 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I’d usually be excited that Kansas City lost. But this year I don’t think the Bills have any real chance at the #1 seed so I don’t think this KC loss will really matter. Still glad they lost though! 

Even if Bills are not Bills are not no. 1, it would be still great if Chiefs were neither. Let that be someone else for a change.

I might even want the Dolphins to win next week lol.

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

That’s a massive loss for mahomes’ mvp chances…one of the worst defenses came off his schedule and he didn’t do anything good against them statistically.

Idk on the 1 seed I think it’s wiiiide open this year 

I think it’s too much of a hurdle for the Bills to get the #1 seed. Let’s hope they can get by the Bengals next week. Lose that and it’s back to barely above .500. 

Just now, BBFL said:

Why even ask that question? And Denver is generally considered not good, so what's your point?

Are Bills' fans not allowed to be happy when the competition loses? Maybe you're not annoyed by all the Mahomes commercials or

the favorable calls that seem to help them out late in the game, but plenty of folks are.

3 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Purdy is a fraud and I feel like everyone has just known this and pretended it’s not true because it’s a fun story lol

I'm not sure if he's the next big thing but Josh has had issues this season and he's in Year 6. A small run of bad form doesn't mean he should be written off. Do I think he's a future MVP? No. Do I think he could be a serviceable NFL QB? Yes.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Dolphins winning was bad for the division.

Jets, Bengals and Titans winning was bad for the wild card.

Steelers, Browns, Colts, and Texans losing was good for the wild card.

Ravens and Jags winning was bad for first seed.

Chiefs losing was good for the first seed.

All-in-all I would say it was a pretty good day for playoff outcomes. Now we root for da Bears and Lions.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

I think it’s too much of a hurdle for the Bills to get the #1 seed. Let’s hope they can get by the Bengals next week. Lose that and it’s back to barely above .500. 

I wouldn’t bet on it either but it seems a lot more possible than it did a week ago.  Chiefs defense looks like it took a huge shot losing nick Bolton 

their offense has been shaky most of the year but the defense was brutalizing people 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

Just now, Dr. Who said:

Why even ask that question? And Denver is generally considered not good, so what's your point?

Are Bills' fans not allowed to be happy when the competition loses? Maybe you're not annoyed by all the Mahomes commercials or

the favorable calls that seem to help them out late in the game, but plenty of folks are.

You’re making something out of nothing. You made a statement. I asked a question. No further diatribe needed. 

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I wouldn’t bet on it either but it seems a lot more possible than it did a week ago.  Chiefs defense looks like it took a huge shot losing nick Bolton 

Agreed. He’s their anchor in the middle against the run. I honestly think Balt will end up with the #1 seed. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DapperCam said:

Dolphins winning was bad for the division.

Jets, Bengals and Titans winning was bad for the wild card.

Steelers, Browns, Colts, and Texans losing was good for the wild card.

Ravens and Jags winning was bad for first seed.

Chiefs losing was good for the first seed.

All-in-all I would say it was a pretty good day for playoff outcomes. Now we root for da Bears and Lions.

The browns loss was the biggest non chiefs loss that happened all day imo. They could be trouble for us 

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

their offense has been shaky most of the year but the defense was brutalizing people 

That's why you can't discount all the Bills defensive losses.  That needs to be acknowledged as part of the dialogue in the Bills struggle.

• Like (+1) 5

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

Three weeks ago, the football world (and a whole lot of posters on this board) had the 49ers walking to the Superbowl.

Maybe it's best for everyone to just watch the games and see what happens.

I thought they could easily make the Super Bowl, but always had doubts about them winning it with Purdy. I figured they might survive the NFC, but would lose when faced with an elite QB in the big game. It’s starting to look like even a Super Bowl appearance isn’t going to be as likely as many thought. 

1 minute ago, SirAndrew said:

I thought they could easily make the Super Bowl, but always had doubts about them winning it with Purdy. I figured they might survive the NFC, but would lose when faced with an elite QB in the big game. It’s starting to look like even a Super Bowl appearance isn’t going to be as likely as many thought. 

Not specifically talking about SF.  Every team can lose on any week.  Winning is not easy in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I'm responding to your response. I didn't make the original statement. 

What a child. You did.

I asked a question as to whether they still remain a “crap” team if they beat us.
“crap team” was your exact statement, the only statement in our contact. 

Think your scarf might be a little too tight there Doc. 

Back to the Tardis with you, cheerio. 

Edited by BBFL
  • Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I’d usually be excited that Kansas City lost. But this year I don’t think the Bills have any real chance at the #1 seed so I don’t think this KC loss will really matter. Still glad they lost though! 

Kind of where I’m at.

If Miami beats them next week, Miami is going to have a good shot at the 1 seed

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, BBFL said:

What a child. You did.

I asked a question as to whether they still remain a “crap” team if they beat us.
“crap team” was your exact statement, the only statement in our contact. 

We play the Bengals next.

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

Not specifically talking about SF.  Every team can lose on any week.  Winning is not easy in the NFL.

Yep, any given week is true. Super Bowl champs lose several games every season. I just mean that we’re getting to that time of year where contenders separate themselves from pretenders. We see a team like KC lose today, but it might be a one off, we’ll see the true extent of their issues in the next few weeks. Other teams we thought are contenders might fall off the map. 

1 minute ago, BillsFan130 said:

Kind of where I’m at.

If Miami beats them next week, Miami is going to have a good shot at the 1 seed

Next week will definitely be interesting. 2 high powered offenses against not so great defenses. Kc's defense has looked inconsistent as of late. If kc and buffalo wins next week though, it puts Miami and buffalo at 6-3 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

However, there's still a decent shot at Josh being an MVP candidate, so Mahomes adding 3 turnovers & 0 TD's to his stat line helps the cause 😅

you mean heroic Patrick Mahomes who selflessly played though a debilitating illness today.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BBFL said:

What a child. You did.

“crap team” was your exact statement. 

So sweet to see the Chiefs lose. And sweeter still to a crap team.

The bolded was the original statement that I did not make that you responded to. Your statement appeared a non-sequitur to me, because it was not evident how whether the Bills win or lose next week had any relevance as to whether the Broncos were a "crap" team. That was what my actual comment was about. Your further responses confirm what a fine fellow you are indeed.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Three weeks ago, the football world (and a whole lot of posters on this board) had the 49ers walking to the Superbowl.

Maybe it's best for everyone to just watch the games and see what happens.

Week to week league. I forget who said it, but they were talking about how there really isn't all all

out bad team this year. It kind of looks that way for sure. Probably wrg said it idk lol

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Dr. Who said:

The bolded was the original statement that I did not make that you responded to. Your statement appeared a non-sequitur to me, because it was not evident how whether the Bills win or lose next week had any relevance as to whether the Broncos were a "crap" team. That was what my actual comment was about. Your further responses confirm what a fine fellow you are indeed.

Lol, makes Pats loss not look so bad

4 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

You’re right. Given you responded immediately, I presumed it was you I quoted. Ignorance on my part. 

Back to the Tardis with me. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

Late to the game here but  I dont think Purdy should of played today.  I also dont know why the NFL has a concussion spotter when a guy in recovery from one grabs his head after a hit and no one keeps him from trotting back out for the next play. 

That was an absolute classic smack the back your head on the ground at full speed concussion look as well.

The ref did talk to him for a second to check the response (I've been noticing that a lot more lately) but those guys are neither trained nor have time to really check a guys eyes when they're trying to run a game.

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Late to the game here but  I dont think Purdy should of played today.  I also dont know why the NFL has a concussion spotter when a guy in recovery from one grabs his head after a hit and no one keeps him from trotting back out for the next play. 

The concussion protocol is disgusting. It seems like it was only created to give the allusion that someone cares. I had more respect for the old days when they blatantly didn’t care, at least it wasn’t a lie. I’ve seen way too many players looking a bit out of it after going to the tent, and then we had the whole Tua situation last season. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

46 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

“WHAT A BUM”

”TURNOVER MACHINE”

”YOU TAKE THE GOOD PATRICK WITH THE BAD PATRICK”

”HE’S MID-TIER AT BEST”

”LITERALLY GAVE THE GAME AWAY”

”GARBAGE PLAYER, GARBAGE TEAM!”

…am I doing this right? Just following what some

people said about Josh

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.