Beane reportedly looking for LB help (possible rumor)

BuffaloBillyG

Normally I don't buy these reports, however this account had us as a team that called on Trey Lance a few days before it was known. They have been correct many times on 49er related things in the past and do seem to have some inside knowledge.

That said, it makes some sense with Milano out and Williams being benched 2 games in a row. On defense I know the hot topics are 1T and CB...but this is a position to watch in the coming week for sure.

9 minutes ago, wppete said:

Hope so. Hope he also is looking for a CB.

It's a tricky pickle for me. First off of course is the immediate need for help now to save any chance at this year. That's a no brainer.

However this coming draft is deeeeeeep with talent that could set us up with cost controlled talent for years to come. I want all the picks I can get this year.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, Your Brown Eye said:

Why would the Super Bowl-contending 6-1 49ers trade a starting LB. Beane is out of touch with reality if he thinks he can poach good players off of top tier teams. I don't mind you shooting your shot, but this does not make you look too bright.

Maybe his next call will be to Philly about AJ Brown lol

Maybe 49ers are just stirring crap up.  Either way, John Lynch would be on my crap list now.

Just now, taglientep said:

I’d love for the bills to go all in on someone crazy like a Davante Adams or something like that.  I know salary cap limitations ect but  I am so over status quo

DeVante feels too much to give in terms of compensation, I think Bourne could cost a 4th or less and is an ideal #2 guy as little ego (see DavA and DHop) and like he can play inside or outside.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Greenlaw would be a multi-year addition at LB which is interesting. 

But this probably isn’t true.

Just out of curiosity, since I laid out reasons that are plausible to believe...what makes you lean the other way? As I said, this account has displayed inside 49ers Info many times in the past.

2 minutes ago, Your Brown Eye said:

Why would the Super Bowl-contending 6-1 49ers trade a starting LB. Beane is out of touch with reality if he thinks he can poach good players off of top tier teams. I don't mind you shooting your shot, but this does not make you look too bright.

Right, because if there's one thing we know about Brandon Beane, it's that he's unintelligent and out of touch with reality.

He really ought to listen more to the geniuses on this message board 🙄

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Normally I don't buy these reports, however this account had us as a team that called on Trey Lance a few days before it was known. They have been correct many times on 49er related things in the past and do seem to have some inside knowledge.

Normally you wouldn't believe them but they happened to report something else that didn't happen so that means it must be true?

8 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

DeVante feels too much to give in terms of compensation, I think Bourne could cost a 4th or less and is an ideal #2 guy as little ego (see DavA and DHop) and like he can play inside or outside.

Oh, I totally understand that thought process and respect it, I 99% of the time with the cost as well. For me personally I am at the point where we have come close so many other times and have been let down. I just want whatever is going to put the Bills over the hump.

19 minutes ago, Your Brown Eye said:

Because there was talk Dre could be available earlier this year during the offseason.  

I think if there is a move made, it will be at LB.  Dorian has shown some flashes, but he isn't ready and they know he isn't.  At least at DT and CB we have guys with experience who can step in. 

So whether its true or not, this rumor to me is something that makes sense in terms of him making calls about LB's. 

• Agree 2

27 minutes ago, Your Brown Eye said:

Because a phone call takes 1 minute.  He identified a player he wanted that’s about to be an udfa and tapped his phone and said a few words.  Was then told no.  There’s no reason NOT to call.  No one is that busy where a 1 minute phone call could ruin their productivity for the day

• Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Maybe 49ers are just stirring crap up.  Either way, John Lynch would be on my crap list now.

No joke. I don't like the way Lynch does business at all but if this came from him or a leak by him it really is *****. But he doesn't have to ever deal with us. He's far, far away.

Id talk to Tampa about their WRs and LBs on Thursday. 

• Like (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Normally you wouldn't believe them but they happened to report something else that didn't happen so that means it must be true?

No, normally I don't believe random things. However they reported that The Bills we in on Lance days before anyone else knew about it ...and though the trade didn't happen it was confirmed true after Lance was sent to Dallas. 

I can type slower if you need to keep up👍

We're only seven games in AND likely lost for season:

CB1 (pro bowl caliber)

Starting 1 tech DT (pro bowl caliber)

WLB (all pro)

TE1 

Then we have banged up:

DE1 Von - still going to take multiple weeks to even approach prior form

DE2 Groot - battling through a foot injury (won't e surprised if he's eventually shut down)

QB1 throwing shoulder (hopefully minor, but likely impacting play some)

Injuries derail seasons, and this appears to be ours.  49ers, Ravens, etc have dealt with similar issues in recent years.  

Not the time to make a trade, IMO.  We've got a lot to already overcome, and never know if we've hit "worse case" for this year yet.  

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

If we win Thursday, ask the Bucs about Lavonte David + Mike Evans 

David would be nice. Mike Evans is a pipe dream. The guy is having an incredible season for them and they're not a below .500 team. They weren't interested in moving him before the offseason. Zero chance they'd be interested in moving him now with how he's performing with Baker and their season still very much alive.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

Denver, Washington, Carolina, Arizona all have guys that can help. All those teams are looking long term and will be trying to stockpile draft picks. It’s there if you want it but every year the fans come up with ideas and the team does nothing. Last year, Trade for a RB that you can use to “catch passes in the slot” Never use him on offense and basically just have him as a return man. The ***** we do is senseless. Thank god for all the warts Allen covers.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.