Dawson Knox - wrist surgery

NewEra

I've mentioned this before but he has a broken bone, plus torn ligament & cartilage. I was surprised he has been playing at all.

Also this might sound callous but I take this as a positive. We need undependable players to stay off the field. Kincaid and Morris catch the ball.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Just now, HappyDays said:

I've mentioned this before but he has a broken bone, plus torn ligament & cartilage. I was surprised he has been playing at all.

Also this might sound callous but I take this as a positive. We need undependable players to stay off the field. Kincaid and Morris catch the ball.

Wow...that is rough...dude is a trooper trying to play through that, but it's obvious he wasn't right.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3

Doesn't Morris have a high-ankle sprain?

1 minute ago, Process said:

Wish him the best but this is a good thing for the offense. 

how.  They want to run the ball and play more physical upfront with two tight ends.  They spent the entire offseason working on it.

Now they are without the veteran who has been in every situation possible.   

I just cant see how this is good.  

• Agree 5

1 minute ago, MikePJ76 said:

how.  They want to run the ball and play more physical upfront with two tight ends.  They spent the entire offseason working on it.

Now they are without the veteran who has been in every situation possible.   

I just cant see how this is good.  

Two critical drops in the past two weeks tell the story.  He’s ineffective right now.  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3

They tried to hold it together with a brace, this news tell me it isn't taking so they're just shutting him down.

Is Allen's shoulder worse off than they are letting on?  Also did Von reinjure his knee? Looked like he was limping after a play but had to stay on due to Pats going no huddle then didn't come back in...only had 6 snaps.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I understand the Prisoner of the Moment stuff to a degree, because Knox has had a few key drops lately.

However...any kind of notion that this somehow makes the Bills offense better seems ridiculous to me. 

Drops or not, Dawson Knox is a good player for the Bills. A good all-around tight end, and likely the Bills' best blocking tight end by a significant margin.

Losing him hurts in the run game, it hurts personnel multiplicity, and it hurts depth.

This does NOT make the Bills offense better, and it seems foolish to suggest that it somehow does.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 13
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 10

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Not sure why the sudden drop on his ability happened but all of that sounds like a definitive factor. Thanks for sharing!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SectionC3 said:

Two critical drops in the past two weeks tell the story.  He’s ineffective right now.  

Yes but that is not the same as playing on the line of scrimmage in the 12 personnel they spent all offseason working on to improve the running game, protect allen better and be an overall more physical team.

now they have to ditch it and go empty half the game?  Even if you want them in 11 personnel which i can understand Allen has taken a beating the last few weeks.  He is not going to make it through the season throwing the ball 40 times a game.  The Jags, Giants and Pats beat the hell out of him.  Its a miracle he is not injured already or should I say more injured.

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Was this reported(link?), speculation, or inside information?

This makes it even worse. Not only does Knox blow clutch catches and make waay too much money, now he's injured. 

Beane royally ( not to be confused w Robert Royal) screwed this contract up. No viable out till 2025 20 million in dead cap even next year for a guy not over 50 catches.  Makes me miss Robert Royal. 

Edited by RichRiderBills

1 minute ago, Logic said:

I understand the Prisoner of the Moment stuff to a degree, because Knox has had a few key drops lately.

However...any kind of notion that this somehow makes the Bills offense better seems ridiculous to me. 

Drops or not, Dawson Knox is a good player for the Bills. A good all-around tight end, and likely the Bills' best blocking tight end by a significant margin.

Losing him hurts in the run game, it hurts personnel multiplicity, and it hurts depth.

This does NOT make the Bills offense better, and it seems foolish to suggest that it somehow does.

It also provides an opportunity for our No 1 draft pick and the guy with the best hands on the team , coming off his best game  to become more involved ….

Yes there will probably be some changes to the way the O has been designed to play…  particularly with the run game ..Lets just wait and see what happens…

It may not turn out to be a positive … but at least they have to shake things up a bit now …

4 minutes ago, MWK said:

Hope he’s ok, but as for football who cares. Good Job Beane paying a blocking tight end with hands of stone 13 million a year!

He is like 7th or 8th in touchdowns by Tight Ends over the last couple years.

he has accounted for 21 td's in his career....Now he is of no value and can't play?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

17 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I don't know the idea that a broken bone and torn ligament in his wrist would negatively effect his pass catching or ability to hang one once he catches over the last couple weeks seems crazy

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.