Twitter - Josh, Von called players only meeting (reporter also mentioned possibility at McD presser)

BillsFan619

4 minutes ago, Cray51 said:

Are you saying there isn’t a difference between losing the team and not winning the SuperBowl?

Not at all.... when did I say that.  All I said was that McClappy lost the team in the 13 second game.  Then he allowed Frazier to screw the the next year.  

• Dislike 1

39 minutes ago, JTown said:

And how did last year turn out.  I guess you and McClappy are satisfied.   Keep drinking the kool-aid.

Nothing says "mature, nuanced discourse" like drawing absolutes, calling the head coach a name, and accusing the person you're talking to of "drinking the kool-aid".

Nice chatting with you. Have a lovely evening. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Be honest, players’ meetings are super corny. Just vent sessions (good therapy) but really don’t mean anything. 

what helps is playing a TB that isn’t really that good. I predict a huge bounce back, everyone feeling good again, and we can pretend it was a bounce back because of the players meeting, 

just play better 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JTown said:

So they won 13 games this season and a playoff game?

Ok... step away from the crack pipe.

You DO realize that 13 seconds was the playoff game BEFORE THE 2022 SEASON, right????? This is the 2023 season. Who needs to lay off the crack now? 😆

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan

14 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Be honest, players’ meetings are super corny. Just vent sessions (good therapy) but really don’t mean anything. 

what helps is playing a TB that isn’t really that good. I predict a huge bounce back, everyone feeling good again, and we can pretend it was a bounce back because of the players meeting, 

just play better 

True but we just said the same thing the last two weeks about the Giants and Patriots.  I'm hoping for the best but really have no idea what to expect out of the Bills tomorrow.  This is the most puzzled I've felt about the team in the McDermott era

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

I dont see an issue with such a meeting as well. In an organization, employees sometimes feel the need to commiserate and talk about issues openly without the presence of management. I have encouraged such meetings as I feel there are some things which I am better off not knowing (as with kids) as long as the outcome is positive for the employees. 

In this case, perhaps they wanted to air out and sort through issues between themselves. Shows leadership of Miller and Allen. Lets give them kudos instead of bashing them - Miller has earned his right to mentor and teach others. 

The outrage expressed in this thread is baffling. 

Some people are just throwing insults at the mirror, I think.

• Agree 1

If this meeting happened, it wasn’t a usual players-only meeting. They usually are b-word sessions to clear the air on teams with interpersonal conflicts. This was a pep-talk by the captains to get everyone focused on the upcoming games and not the injuries. It’s what captains are supposed to do.

2 hours ago, JTown said:

Not at all.... when did I say that.  All I said was that McClappy lost the team in the 13 second game.  Then he allowed Frazier to screw the the next year.  

First post: 

"McClappy lost this team in the 13 seconds."

Second post: 

"And how did last year turn out.  I guess you and McClappy are satisfied.   Keep drinking the kool-aid."

So McClappy lost the team the year before 13 wins and then you implied we should not be satisfied with 13 wins and a playoff loss.  So it's not a long shot to assume you are saying a lost team and a team not reaching the Super Bowl both carry the same level of negative associations.

I disagree that McD lost the team at any point.  McD is one of the best coaches in the league, and will adjust as this season goes on.  However, only two teams make the Super Bowl every year.  We have to continue to re-tool and adjust until we get over the hump.

• Agree 2

44 minutes ago, Cray51 said:

First post: 

"McClappy lost this team in the 13 seconds."

Second post: 

"And how did last year turn out.  I guess you and McClappy are satisfied.   Keep drinking the kool-aid."

So McClappy lost the team the year before 13 wins and then you implied we should not be satisfied with 13 wins and a playoff loss.  So it's not a long shot to assume you are saying a lost team and a team not reaching the Super Bowl both carry the same level of negative associations.

I disagree that McD lost the team at any point.  McD is one of the best coaches in the league, and will adjust as this season goes on.  However, only two teams make the Super Bowl every year.  We have to continue to re-tool and adjust until we get over the hump.

Ok... great.  You disagree. 

I disagree.  IMO...Everything changed since the epic 13 second meltdown.

I love what McClappy did with the defense this year.  Unfortunately,  he brought Frazier back last year after not addressing or taking responsibility for the epic  meltdown. 

This year,until plagued by injuries, the defense was great.

If he had fixed the defense last year they would have likely been better than 13-3 and progress even further in the playoffs. 

I'm ok if you are all in on McClappy.  You do you.

It's clear to me that Josh is not happy.   Have you watched his demeanor on the sidelines this year?  He shows no emotion.   None. He just sits on the bench. He has never been like that.  Ever.  

After all the alleged discontent with Diggs last year, what do you think is going to happen at the end of this season if they fail to make the playoffs?

Personally,  i am very pessimistic.   I don't see any motivation in the players.

I wish I was wrong, but I don't think I am. 

• Dislike 1

4 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I'm starting to believe that's the direction he (they) need to go. Maybe not full blown week 1 reckless version but this castrated version doesn't work for him.  Open him up and keep stressing ball security and qb sliding.  

Of course they already exist. That's why you have the desperation of a called players only meeting.  Then once the meeting starts different player factions will argue over different problems.  It's exactly what McAfee and JJ confirmed. They both said they don't ever remember seeing a positive outcome from such meeting.  

I think they are emphasizing ball security and sliding. This is the result. 

The “no running” is a fable made up by fans. 

The coach speak has always been he needs to protect himself and the football. “He’s got to get down in those situations” or “Josh knows he has to take better care of the football” are all actually quotes from McD. 

On 10/23/2023 at 2:19 PM, That's No Moon said:

Von has no business calling that meeting right now. Players who contribute should. A contract doesn't make you a leader and he sucks on the field right now 

He’s the only remaining Buffalo Jill!

• Haha (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Mango said:

I think they are emphasizing ball security and sliding. This is the result. 

The “no running” is a fable made up by fans. 

The coach speak has always been he needs to protect himself and the football. “He’s got to get down in those situations” or “Josh knows he has to take better care of the football” are all actually quotes from McD. 

I’m not a film expert by any means but it looks like the qb spy/pocket getting wrecked straight up the middle without the defense having to commit too many extra resources has been limiting his scramble opportunities.  

I also doubt they’re telling him ‘don’t scramble if it’s there’

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, JTown said:

Ok... great.  You disagree. 

I disagree.  IMO...Everything changed since the epic 13 second meltdown.

I love what McClappy did with the defense this year.  Unfortunately,  he brought Frazier back last year after not addressing or taking responsibility for the epic  meltdown. 

This year,until plagued by injuries, the defense was great.

If he had fixed the defense last year they would have likely been better than 13-3 and progress even further in the playoffs. 

I'm ok if you are all in on McClappy.  You do you.

It's clear to me that Josh is not happy.   Have you watched his demeanor on the sidelines this year?  He shows no emotion.   None. He just sits on the bench. He has never been like that.  Ever.  

After all the alleged discontent with Diggs last year, what do you think is going to happen at the end of this season if they fail to make the playoffs?

Personally,  i am very pessimistic.   I don't see any motivation in the players.

I wish I was wrong, but I don't think I am. 

I think you are taking very complex situations year over year and trying to boil them down into a few sentences.  We can claim whatever narratives we want, none of us are in the building day to day.  Last year Frazier was the coordinator for the beginning of the season as well, where we were doing incredibly well on defense.  What happened?  We lost our entire secondary to injuries, and then Von went down on top of it.  That's factual.  From there, we have the Hamlin situation.  With all of that being the case, we still were a top 5 statistical defense and went into the playoff game without several key players (Von, White, Hyde, Daquan).  We were flat.  But this is the NFL, perfection just doesn't happen.  We sucked when it mattered.  But at least we got there.  That's not a total failure, its an outcome of several factors.

Allen being emotionless?  Yea, we can try to build a narrative there.  If it means anything, he was incredibly quiet during the 13 seconds game UNTIL the final two minutes.  He was incredibly quiet when we whooped the Patriots two years ago.  He was full of sly emotion during the Miami game this year as we hung 48 on them.  So, maybe he isn't happy, maybe he is.  We dont know as we aren't in the room.  Eagles players hug Nick Sirianni during games, but I have family who work in the building who tell me players dont like him and he is an ass.  But the narrative to the public is everybody loves the guy.  I guess our views from afar dont point a full picture.

If the Bills fail to make the playoffs, it will be a problem and legitimate questions will be asked.  Allen isn't going anywhere.  Diggs wont go anywhere.  If someone takes the fall, its McD or Dorsey.  However, at 4-3 we are still in a good position and the team has shown the ability to win games over the past 4 years.

I understand pessimism... you should meet my wife.  I try to be a realist through being analytical with what I can prove.  Nobody here can prove Allen is checked out.  We can claim it to be, buts that just self-driven narrative.  

Wish whatever you want. Think whatever you want.  For me, I'm acknowledging that the numbers and past have shown this core team can win games and make the playoffs.  Right now, that's my focus, and then we will go from there.

If the players called a meeting to discuss their recent hardships - fine by me.  If they didn't - fine by me.  The team is expected to produce results, my focus in wins and losses.

9 hours ago, Nelius said:

Good lord it's going to be amazing if this never happened with some of the takes in here.

This keeps getting sillier by the day! Here we are on page 16 four days later now about some fictitious meeting that a guy named Grant Gilchrest posted in a tweet. Who could possibly doubt a tweet from this highly regarded "NFL beat reporter for GGSN".

What's the odds that "GGSN" could possibly stand for Grant Gilchrest Sports Network... live from Grant's mom's basement?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Edited by RichStadiumGuy
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, RichStadiumGuy said:

This keeps getting sillier by the day! Here we are on page 16 four days later now about some fictitious meeting that a guy named Grant Gilchrest posted in a tweet. Who could possibly doubt a tweet from this highly regarded "NFL beat reporter for GGSN".

What's the odds that "GGSN" could possibly stand for Grant Gilchrest Sports Network... live from Grant's mom's basement?

GGSN only uses 'X' to disperse information.  A podcast might reveal a prepubescent and adenoidal voice.

11 hours ago, zow2 said:

Was anyone who frequents this board at the meeting? how did it go?!?

It was terrible.  Not enough chairs and they didn't order enough pizza for everyone.  The olineman didnt care though.  They each grabbed 4 slices on their first pass.  By the time special teams was up there was no food left except for Spencer Brown's crusts.  What kind of man child doesn't eat their crust?

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

GGSN only uses 'X' to disperse information.  A podcast might reveal a prepubescent and adenoidal voice.

Color me weird I guess... I just can't stop shaking my head in disbelief that there's SIXTEEN PAGES worth of crap here over a tweet from a nobody that apparently a whole slew of folks here are swallowing like candy & asking for more!

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, RichStadiumGuy said:

Color me weird I guess... I just can't stop shaking my head in disbelief that there's SIXTEEN PAGES worth of crap here over a tweet from a nobody that apparently a whole slew of folks here are swallowing like candy & asking for more!

Just another day at TBD-TSW. 😁

25 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Just another day at TBD-TSW. 😁

Yeah... I know and don't let my activity record here blur things. I was lurking here for many years before I decided to join and I don't post much. It's more fun watching everybody else get hammered from all angles over nothing 😀

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RichStadiumGuy said:

Grants mom probably knows Josh Allen’s neighbor or something 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2023 at 5:00 AM, ExWNYer said:

This was obviously called to determine who should wear the gold suit for the Amazon Prime pre-game B-Roll footage. Putting it to a team vote. Much ado about nothing...

Thanks for sharing that!

I can't remember the last time I've seen a Bills player in a TV commercial. (Not any "American Football" stuff on TV here in NZ)

This was a pretty funny one too.  I may start a thread to see if people could share other things like this for us faraway fans.

Cheers!

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 10/26/2023 at 12:00 PM, ExWNYer said:

This was obviously called to determine who should wear the gold suit for the Amazon Prime pre-game B-Roll footage. Putting it to a team vote. Much ado about nothing...

Great commercial.  If Josh would have showed up at the end in the same outfit too, I would have lost it.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.