Did Dorien Williams get benched yesterday?

John from Riverside

Just now, Best Williams Available said:

Yes Brown said on WGR this AM he was benched in this and Giants game for Dodson.

just another headscratching decision from mcdermott

dodson brings absolutely nothing to the table

he's like a defensive peterman

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Really awful decision by McDermott. 

You've got to let him take his lumps.  Especially when the guy behind him is so limited.  And what did the Pats do when Dodson came in?... immediately attacked his limitations.  

While we're at it.  Jackson is showing me nothing as to why we couldn't have seen what we have in Elam before the trade deadline.  I know Elam was awful against the Jags, but he was serviceable against the Giants.

On a defense increasingly devoid of talent, the "safe" options are much tougher to hide. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

watchign williams he can't tackle but more importantly it seems that he goes freelance and does his own thing - kiko alonso style.

i don't think he's maintaining his responsibilities, performing his assignments, and then getting pushed around.

i'm amazed that an undersized LB who many thought did not play powerful or big enough is being handled this way.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, stlbills13 said:

I didn't think Williams was very good yesterday. But he wasn't bad enough that you turn to Dodson. I really only turn to Dodson if the only other option is my 5'9, 160 lb self

matakovich is a decent lb compared to these guys.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Dorian Williams is officially in McDummy's doghouse. 

He’d bench RBs for fumbling just so an inferior guy can come in and do nothing to teach the first a lesson. But a guy like Knox who breaks these rules of fundamentals is trotted out there time and again to hurt this team. Same with OL. He’s defective at putting the team in winning situations.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, stlbills13 said:

I didn't think Williams was very good yesterday. But he wasn't bad enough that you turn to Dodson. I really only turn to Dodson if the only other option is my 5'9, 160 lb self

you have a low center of gravity that you can use to your advantage!

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

And if he did why

For Dodson?

For chrissake

Yes. He was playing terrible. Dodson unfortunately wasn't much better.

10 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Really awful decision by McDermott. 

You've got to let him take his lumps.  Especially when the guy behind him is so limited.  And what did the Pats do when Dodson came in?... immediately attacked his limitations.  

While we're at it.  Jackson is showing me nothing as to why we couldn't have seen what we have in Elam before the trade deadline.  I know Elam was awful against the Jags, but he was serviceable against the Giants.

On a defense increasingly devoid of talent, the "safe" options are much tougher to hide. 

This is what they did to Williams. He was awful. Couldn't even get lined up.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Best Williams Available said:

He’d bench RBs for fumbling just so an inferior guy can come in and do nothing to teach the first a lesson. But a guy like Knox who breaks these rules of fundamentals is trotted out there time and again to hurt this team. Same with OL. He’s defective at putting the team in winning situations.

Stef had two drops yesterday, including the bomb at the end which would have given us a shot at the EZ, yet they just keep trotting him out there.  McDummy is very selective in his punishment.  </sarcasm, @Jauronimo just blew a gasket>

Edited by Freddie's Dead

9 minutes ago, stlbills13 said:

He was about as bad as you could be. Couldn't line up, missed tackles, blown coverages. It was a train wreck.

10 minutes ago, boyst said:

watchign williams he can't tackle but more importantly it seems that he goes freelance and does his own thing - kiko alonso style.

i don't think he's maintaining his responsibilities, performing his assignments, and then getting pushed around.

i'm amazed that an undersized LB who many thought did not play powerful or big enough is being handled this way.

If there's one thing he absolutely does well it is take on and defeat blocks. This statement is silly.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Freddie&#x27;s Dead said:

Stef had two drops yesterday, including the bomb at the end which would have given us a shot at the EZ, yet they just keep trotting him out there.  McDummy is very selective in his punishment.

Do you need a quick refresher on the difference between Stefon Diggs and Dorian ***** Williams? 

• Haha (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, HoofHearted said:

He was about as bad as you could be. Couldn't line up, missed tackles, blown coverages. It was a train wreck.

If there's one thing he absolutely does well it is take on and defeat blocks. This statement is silly.

you've seen something different than i have seen. i have seen him pushed around and punished by OL.

2 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

That's to be expected when you lose a 1st team all pro playing at that same level. i knew that injury would hurt us bad

I think the double whammy is Bernard needs help next to him. He is not meant to be your best LB but has shown to be solid as a supporting cast member. The last few games have not been great. 

I said yesterday the last thing a young player needs is to be looking over his shoulder in fear of getting benched. You don’t want to mess with his confidence. Leave him in and let him take his lumps, it’s not like the player you’re benching him for is superior - that’s why he was on the bench in the first place. Let him make his mistakes, we’ll need that growth later in the year. 

• Like (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, stlbills13 said:

Suit up!  Let's see if it helps!  

:D 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.