McD Press Conference Comments

Dubie54

8 hours ago, BILLieve85 said:

Except when we don’t lol

it's our scheme. it's the influence of McD. I cannot believe it is anything else but - to control the ball, keep defensive exposure down, and just be this balanced fully leveraged team.

in doing so we are putting murray out wide, and allen running for his life.

allen can survive running for his life - he has and succeeded.

we did not call plays down field.

6 hours ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

There is nothing he can say.

If Coach McDermott said "We're banged up on defense so Josh Allen and Stefon Diggs all day with some sprinkles of James Cook, Khalil Shakir, and Dalton Kincaid."

As he leaves the podium, he heads back to the mic: "And oh yeah, Von Miller is toast y'all. Kthnxbye."

What would you be thinking?

Why doesnt he say "I demanded a move for our offensive scheme from the spread offense which josh allen was thriving in to a 12 personell scheme which I think gives my defense a better chance to succeed. We need to run the ball. Dorsey is my yes man and he has no say in this I am forcing it on him and it hasnt worked at all for us. Its my fault. I am going to let the guys play their brand of ball moving forward and see if we can find our success again.

What would be wrong with this extremely honest and refreshing answer???

Edited by BillsFan692

Just now, Freak-O said:

What is said to the press and what is said behind closed doors are not the same thing. Frazier wasn’t fired, really? Just one example. Why single people out when speaking to the press? What good does that do? Nothing. 

The issue for me is him saying he doesn’t know why it’s happening. It may be true but don’t admit that to all and sundry. It just shows he’s not up to the job of fixing it.

1 minute ago, Freak-O said:

What is said to the press and what is said behind closed doors are not the same thing. Frazier wasn’t fired, really? Just one example. Why single people out when speaking to the press? What good does that do? Nothing. 

There isnt anyone for McD to single out except for himself. He has forced the 12 personel changes on offense and it has been disastrous.

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

The Bills let freaking Mac Jones drive 75 yards in less than two minutes and you guys think that 12 personnel is the problem? 😂😂😂

12 personel is clearly the problem did you not see what this offense did once they went 5 wide no huddle? I mean are you blind??

Waiting for defense to win you games... sounds like drought years to me

Edited by BillsFan692

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

The Bills let freaking Mac Jones drive 75 yards in less than two minutes and you guys think that 12 personnel is the problem? 😂😂😂

Both are issues.

I said this game is mostly on the D, but the bills need to scrap this 12 personnel idea (for the most part) and get Knox off the field 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsFan692 said:

12 personel is clearly the problem did you not see what this offense did once they went 5 wide no huddle? I mean are you blind??

Waiting for defense to win you games... sounds like drought years to me

You play the game in the moment. Does the offense suck….yep. I’m not blind! But, when you’re head coach is the defensive signal caller and he lets Mac Jones drive the entire field like he was Joe Montana THERE’s a problem.

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

You play the game in the moment. Does the offense suck….yep. I’m not blind! But, when you’re head coach is the defensive signal caller and he lets Mac Jones drive the entire field like he was Joe Montana THERE’s a problem.

I mean yes thats a problem too but you dont win in the NFL in 2023 with defense so the real issue is how badly he has ruined our offense.

Just now, BillsFan692 said:

I mean yes thats a problem too but you dont win in the NFL in 2023 with defense so the real issue is how badly he has ruined our offense.

Ha! Let’s just agree that they’re a total mess on both sides of the ball. And if there were three sides to the ball we could toss in Special Teams as well. Absolutely horrible. 

McDermott doesn't allow for enough accountability to his defense, and that's week in and week out. He's always happy to talk about the offensive failures and his code word "complimentary football"-translation the offense is leaving my defense in bad situations. I wish he just step up and take accountability and say.....28-25, offense made a nice comeback and gave us the lead, we should be able to step up on defense and get the job done. My god at least you could hold them to only a FG. I think  he's losing this team more and more since 13 secs. The culture seems weak due to lack of accountability everywhere. It would help if the head coach stepped up and regular said I need to be better, we need to do a better job as a coaching staff. 

27 minutes ago, BillsFan692 said:

Why doesnt he say "I demanded a move for our offensive scheme from the spread offense which josh allen was thriving in to a 12 personell scheme which I think gives my defense a better chance to succeed. We need to run the ball. Dorsey is my yes man and he has no say in this I am forcing it on him and it hasnt worked at all for us. Its my fault. I am going to let the guys play their brand of ball moving forward and see if we can find our success again.

What would be wrong with this extremely honest and refreshing answer???

I suspect your answer is intentionally over the top.   But a slightly toned down version seems like it would be ok.  "after seven games, its no secret we have made significant changes to our offensive strategy compared to prior seasons.  Some of it has worked as we expected. Some has not.  We have a special QB that gives us many options on how to run the offense.  All of those options are on the table"

Edited by Chaos
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Chaos said:

I suspect your answer is intentionally over the top.   But a slightly toned down version seems like it would be ok.  "after seven games, its no secret we have made significant changes to our offensive strategy compared to prior seasons.  Some of it has worked as we expected. Some has not.  We have a special QB that gives us many options on how to run the offense.  All of those options are on the table"

Yah exactly this kind of response would be refreshing and encouraging because it would sound like actual identification of issues and plan to adjust.

10 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

That's because it would've been a really stupid question as we needed to make sure we scored a touchdown to take the lead.  You take 2nd and goal from the 1/2 yard line over first and goal from the two every time.  

Also, accepting the penalty would have STOPPED the clock which is counter to the point that it was a mistake to decline it and have one fewer down to eat clock. So I definitely agree that McD made the right choice.

Edited by 2003Contenders

8 hours ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

McDermott doesn't allow for enough accountability to his defense, and that's week in and week out. He's always happy to talk about the offensive failures and his code word "complimentary football"-translation the offense is leaving my defense in bad situations. I wish he just step up and take accountability and say.....28-25, offense made a nice comeback and gave us the lead, we should be able to step up on defense and get the job done. My god at least you could hold them to only a FG. I think  he's losing this team more and more since 13 secs. The culture seems weak due to lack of accountability everywhere. It would help if the head coach stepped up and regular said I need to be better, we need to do a better job as a coaching staff. 

Are some of you guys in an alternate universe?  After every loss, McD says “It’s on me.  It starts with me.”

The problem is we haven’t seen anything different the last couple weeks.

17 hours ago, BeastMaster said:

Aggressive? Maybe

Personal? Not a chance, my guy

Posters have the right to be pissed off at McD because he's not getting it done. It's one thing to lose to the top teams with the franchise QB...it's a whole different story when you get beat by Mac Jones.

And speaking of comments...the whole coach/team lifecycle thing comes across as nonsensical, excuse making. This team fails to meet expectations every season, and the talent has been there. The elite QB play has been there, and the defense has been there. 

It's the coaching that has let this team and Bills fans down. 

It is and always has been the coaching that has completely limited the talent on this roster to go beyond beating bad teams in the regular season.  Now we struggle against Skylar Thompson, Zach Wilson, Tyrod Taylor,  Mac n Cheese.  It's both comical and embarrassing. There is no sport on the planet where good coaching is more important than the NFL.  I've been a huge critic of McScapegoat since :13.  This year's Dolphins win got me starting to change my opinion. Not anymore....Farwell,  Frazier and soon Dorsey will land on the sword to save clappy the clown.  He couldn't outscheme a team anymore than Marv could.  Give Josh to Andy or Shanahan and he would've already won 2 SB's.  It will be up to Terry to see the obvious. 

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Thank you (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, BobbyC81 said:

Are some of you guys in an alternate universe?  After every loss, McD says “It’s on me.  It starts with me.”

The problem is we haven’t seen anything different the last couple weeks.

Good...."when it's on him every week, it's time to replace him"....rinse & repeat nonsense rhetoric or coach-speak if you will.  It's a tired strategy to buy more time. This guy has no clue what to do with Josh. And hiring a 7th round scrub qb OC is starting to turn this season into a real mess.  Deep down I think Diggs blew up last year because he's sick & tired of these coaches too.

• Like (+1) 1

Dude, time to get out of William and Mary 101 Psychology Class! Holistically was his comment? This is freaking football. Enough with the over analyzing the game. Big guys run, tackle, block and score more points than the opposition. It's way simpler than his terrible explanations each week. He is really bad at the podium...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 6
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Holistically? C'mon man. Enough with the culture building and psychology analysis. He's reaching too much with connecting to the players. JMO

6 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

McDermott says that.

Reaction: What a dumb simple thing to say isn't he thinking about what to do at all?

As Alphadawg7 says "who cares"?

9 minutes ago, I'm Spartacus said:

Holistically? C'mon man. Enough with the culture building and psychology analysis. He's reaching too much with connecting to the players. JMO

As Alphadawg7 says "who cares"?

Cool if no one cares, guess you might as well just click those three dots next to the top of the op post and delete this pointless thread, win-win.

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Cool if no one cares, guess you might as well just click those three dots next to the top of the op post and delete this pointless thread, win-win.

Guess you told me! If you don't like this post, don't respond. My point is McDermott seems over the top with post game analysis, and it's starting to sound silly. That's my take. If you don't like my criticism so be it. Don't be nasty about it.

• Eyeroll 1

31 minutes ago, I'm Spartacus said:

Dude, time to get out of William and Mary 101 Psychology Class! Holistically was his comment? This is freaking football. Enough with the over analyzing the game. Big guys run, tackle, block and score more points than the opposition. It's way simpler than his terrible explanations each week. He is really bad at the podium...

He’s really bad off the podium too unfortunately 

• Haha (+1) 2

Better question is did Dorsey try to save his own butt with these comments.

Sounds like "well he said we need to do something more so we did more of what what he wanted" but at the same time, doesn't excuse the last 2 weeks vs jags and giants.

Edited by The Wiz

5 minutes ago, I'm Spartacus said:

Guess you told me! If you don't like this post, don't respond. My point is McDermott seems over the top with post game analysis, and it's starting to sound silly. That's my take. If you don't like my criticism so be it. Don't be nasty about it.

My point was simple it didn't matter what he said, people weren't going to be happy, why it's pretty damn simple we lost, and not only did we lose, but we lost to the team that a lot of people in this fanbase hate the most. Beyond that you thought what your idea he should have said essentially we've got to play better would have been some sort of fantastic brilliant choice of words. Hell no he would have gotten ripped apart if he'd said that just the same.

Seriously this

Would have made him sound brilliant.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.