Is Von Miller toast?

Einstein

My two cents:

• It takes at least a full year for most athletes to return from ACL reconstruction to preinjury level. He needs more time.
  • Injury or no injury, Von Miller will have declined with age, but he has developed his craft over a career, and will still be effective. He studies his opponents' tendencies, deploys a wide range of pass rushing moves, and uses strategy to work his opposing offensive linemen. Assuming his mental game hasn't declined, he just needs his body to fully recover from injury.
  • All of us should give players a bit more time before we anoint them and condemn them. We are too quick to judge.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

I had no clue Epenesa is Samoan.  Ya learn something new every day…

Epenesa, who is of Samoan ethnicity, was named to the preseason Polynesian College Player of the Year Watch List in 2018 and 2019. He was one of five finalists for the award in 2018.

Good Article on Buffalo Bills website.  He comes from culture which is ideal for football and he has bloodline,

What A.J. Epenesa and Legend Lauvale Sape hope Bills fans can learn from AAPI Heritage Month

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/what-a-j-epenesa-and-legend-lauvale-sape-hope-bills-fans-can-learn-from-aapi-her

Bills defensive lineman A.J. Epenesa is a Samoan at heart. His father, Eppy, is from American Samoa and instilled the importance of togetherness in him from a young age.

cy51r1lotul0zgu3namb.jpg

Bills Legend Lauvale Sape felt the same way when he played for Buffalo from 2003-2006.

Sape is from American Samoa. He has done a lot to bring the game of football to his people, as well as share his culture to those who play the sport he loves.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Alpo Chino said:

I don't think he's regained the burst for his bull rush move. The one where he fakes the outside shoulder, then once the OT is slightly off balance, he just powers into them. Took Tre White some games to get readjusted. Hopefully he gets it back soon. 

He flashed this game a few times tho...almost caused a strip sack fumble on that incomplete pass, caused Mahomes to step up and throw it away on another play in the first half when he was being double teamed by the back and RT and was close on a few other plays...

Likely also the first game he played without that brace on which probably helped too...

Expecting he will continue to improve each week moving forward.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

He showed a spark a few times, but having him on the feild once again for final drives with the game on the line is infuriating.

Epenesa went down, not as much to choose from. Von played his best game all season yesterday. He killed the Chiefs drive that ended with a field goal to tie the game. 

Von seemed to show a bit more of his old self in last nights game . He has been on a pitch count & he use to talk how he would spend some of the game setting up his opponent through out the game to make moves on them later in the game . Almost needing to get into a rhythm .

I think there are players that need that instead of being subbed out a lot like the Bills have done . I feel the same with some RB's, since Moss has went to the Colts he is playing more & i wonder if it is that he's not being subbed out as much & can get that feel for the game there may be something to that .

Anymore given the subbing of players i have wondered if that could hinder them in their production because it use to be most players would say they need to get into the game to develop a feel for what they need to do . Hopefully Von can get back to his old self more so before they suspend him ... 

1 hour ago, Strethor said:

This game was the first game where he did anything noticeable post ACL, hopefully its something to build off of. 

If, and a big if here… 

if he’s genuinely in the ramp up window we could see his play substantially improve even week to week. 

where his ceiling is moving forward is anyone’s guess but this was the first time we have seen an indication that he is not at it currently - which is progress. All we can do is hope from here. Would be massive to add another bonafide starter even if not an all pro 

1 minute ago, Dillenger4 said:

He looked good last night. I watched him closely - he was being doubled at times and he still moved his guys. He is definitely a lot stronger now so lets hope we see more from him. That would be perfect for the SB run!

Honestly, the best outcome IMO is that he ends up in legal trouble in Texas (more than he is in now) and we get out from his K and cap repercussions.  He will NEVER live up to that K and cutting ties is best we can hope for.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, KellyToTasker said:

Epenesa went down, not as much to choose from. Von played his best game all season yesterday. He killed the Chiefs drive that ended with a field goal to tie the game. 

That was his best game, but he still played horrible football for the first 3.5 quarters. I guess you can say he "contributed" to the win with his 3 positive plays but it doesn't take away from the fact he was a net negative for 3.5 quarters. 

• Disagree 2

2 minutes ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

That was his best game, but he still played horrible football for the first 3.5 quarters. I guess you can say he "contributed" to the win with his 3 positive plays but it doesn't take away from the fact he was a net negative for 3.5 quarters. 

Low key think AJE getting hurt and forcing Von into action for extended snaps may have been what he needed to turn the corner.  (Plus the brace coming off).  But the extended time to get into a rhythm and find yourself isn’t nothing. 

I don’t expect pre-ACL Von until next year, but if we can get late game Von from last night - moving forward, that’s going to be huge .. especially with Epenesa looking doubtful for Dallas. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Agree 2

19 minutes ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

I’m not sue you can call him horrible when the defense only gave up 7 points in the first half, in part due to a short field. They gave up one long drive that resulted in a TD.

He was asked to do a lot more with Epenesa out. He’s a 34 year old guy coming off an ACL, who just took his brace off….So if playing his best is in the last half of the 4th quarter, when the Bills needed it, I’ll take it. 

1 hour ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

He collapsed the pocket and allowed ED Oliver and Greg Rousseau to get a sack in the 1st quarter. Not sure what you were watching 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, BillMafia716ix said:

He collapsed the pocket and allowed ED Oliver and Greg Rousseau to get a sack in the 1st quarter. Not sure what you were watching 

I watched the same game you did, like I said he had about 3 good plays. He was playing bad most of the game and at times hurting the team. Granted thats just my opinion as a fan, but I havent seen anyone that professionally analyzes football or the bills that disagrees with me yet.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.