Is Von Miller toast?

Einstein

He is 3 weeks post comeback and there is very little bend to his rush, much slower get-off (you can tell he is trying to jump the snap to get the edge), and I have yet to see him win a single match-up.

He simply looks bad.

Last time he came back from an ICL injury he was younger, but he had 9 tackles, 2 sacks and 2 TFL in his first 3 games back.

Do we feel Von is toast? His dead cap is $32.5M so he is not going anywhere.

I think he still has to work his way into shape.  When Tre came back he took his time and it still wasn’t pretty.  A few weeks ago I’d say “Von will be back to himself when it matters”.  But now my concern is it matters right now or we don’t even make the playoffs

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Chugga said:

I think he still has to work his way into shape.  When Tre came back he took his time and it still wasn’t pretty.  A few weeks ago I’d say “Von will be back to himself when it matters”.  But now my concern is it matters right now or we don’t even make the playoffs

He's young, almost only 35.  He'll come around eventually.  

🙄

• Haha (+1) 11

Do we have snap counts yet? I honestly can't recall a single play with Von Miller on the field. 

I at least noticed him the previous 2 weeks even though he didn't really do anything. 

I get that it takes a while to come back from an ACL injury at his age, but he's been a complete non-factor. There's no reason he should be on the active roster if he's going to be this limited in games. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

Just now, Einstein said:

Some never come back from it.

At 35, which he'll be in a few months, it's an uphill battle.  Even if he does, perfectly, which is highly unlikely, he'll be a shell of his former self due to aging out.  

He's toast. At his age, even completely healthy he would be challenged learning to adjust his game to deal with the inevitable loss of a step. He's just too old to come back from an ACL. That was pretty much the one thing that couldn't happen with that contract. Cursed

Edited by pigpen65
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Dr Divit said:

Might go down as one of the worst signings in Bills history.  

Hey the should of thought about the injury risk for a 34 ur old end

I’m willing to bet you didn’t voice your opinion here that you felt it was a dumb signing because of the injury risk. In fact, I don’t recall anyone saying that…for good reason.

Now, is he toast?

Probably.

Just now, Andy1 said:

I’m sure he is still in the recovery phase of his comeback. It hasn’t yet been a year since his injury. Von needs to get through this to hopefully be an impact player by the end of the year. 

This. I would see we are still about 4-5 games from seeing him really start to flash here and there. He'll make it back pretty far IMO.

1 minute ago, Buddy Hix said:

I hated the signing because of his age. You can’t call it the worst signing ever, but you can probably argue it was the riskiest.

It was high-risk/high-reward.   Unfortunatelyh we've seen the risk side play out.  

But again, at the time we had no proven pass-rushers on the team, so Beane had to resort to the risky signing, or something.  

That's on him.  

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

He's young, almost only 35.  He'll come around eventually.  

🙄

If you think a HOF talent can’t get himself back to relevancy that’s on you.  It’s insane to give the guy 3 weeks and write him off.  If this team was humming right now you’d be saying the same thing “he’ll be good when we need him”.  But we suck all of a sudden and he’s toast

• Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Chugga said:

If you think a HOF talent can’t get himself back to relevancy that’s on you.  It’s insane to give the guy 3 weeks and write him off.  If this team was humming right now you’d be saying the same thing “he’ll be good when we need him”.  But we suck all of a sudden and he’s toast

My position's been unchanged since we signed him.  

My money says that he's finished as anything but JAG.  

But for the money he's getting, there's absolutely no way we get that level of play from him.  

Edited by PBF81
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

We have so much money tied up in old ineffective players on d.  We lose d Jones, a good player but the kind of guy most teams have and you can sign every year in fa, and our entire d goes to mush.

Why do we piss away so much on gadget guys (Hines, Harry) and neglect big dts and an NFL wr not named diggs?

8 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

Took Tre White almost two years to look back to form after his first injury. Wouldn’t doubt it takes Von until next season to look back to his normal form.

He’s an old man especially for DL. He’ll be pushing 35 + by next season.  How many guys  mid 30’s + are there making an impact at that position in this game. You can count them with a few fingers.

He was meant to pay dividends in years 1 and 2 and get us to the the next level.  It turned out to be a bust.

Edited by PayDaBill$
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Dr Divit said:

Might go down as one of the worst signings in Bills history.  

Hey the should of thought about the injury risk for a 34 ur old end

Mario Williams would probably be worse in terms of big money little production.

He was good and so is Von, but Von at least helped win the game last year in KC by getting Mahomes out of the pocket and forcing a bad throw.

Mario was just..... "i feel like playing this down"

Edited by The Wiz

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.