Are we now sellers at deadline???

Hebert19

1 hour ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Trade Diggs for 2 first round picks. Fire Dorsey. Tell Sean anything less than AFC Championship game nextvy wr & your done. Rebuild now. This season is over. This offense sucks.

OR

I'm overly emotional about the loss.

I was overly emotional after Jagoffs loss because I was afraid losing Milano and Jones along with White previous week ended our chance of seriously competing for SB this season.  That said, the Bills didn't play a 60 minute game once again, got outcoached again, and looked bad for too long again.  Just terrible football yet again.

11 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

You would have to field a CFL team next year. Diggs and Von alone are 85 million in dead cap. 

I'm not talking about diggs. Von definitely. He needs to ride off into the sunset. He's washed 

10 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Miller sure even getting back to form he's at the tail end of his career and young guys are becoming solid performers at the position. Knox no, people are prisoners of the moment.

I've seen enough of Knox to know what he is.

13 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Miller sure even getting back to form he's at the tail end of his career and young guys are becoming solid performers at the position. Knox no, people are prisoners of the moment.

Knox is not tradeable due to vast amounts of immediate dead money required to move him.    Whether people are prisoners of the moment is only relevant in a world where he could actually be dealt.     

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Then we are all in fron your perspective.    That's what I'm asking.  Which would you choose. 

All In? How so?

If you're saying All In on being sellers - I refer to my original response to your post.

I see you talking about trading Knox in posts. No one's taking on Knox's contract for what he brings to the table. It's crazy we did. Who wants him with how he's performing? 

If you're saying All In on making trades - we can't afford anything crazy. Something like Levi Wallace or (I hate that I'm even invoking his name) DeAndre Hopkins is doable (costs just over a million). But things like Davante Adams, Derrick Henry, or Saquan Barkley are not feasible.  

2 hours ago, dje85 said:

No way we sell. We are still in the playoff contention. And all the losses we have are in close games where we just had a slow start. My guess they will believe they just need to change the offense a bit and get in a rhythm earlier.

Clearly, getting the defense  a lead with 2 minutes to go is not adequate, so the strategy needs to be to get the defense a 9 point lead with 2 minutes left, or have the ball at the end of the game each week.   This does not seem like a winning formula, but the "fail to shut the door" defense needs that kind of support. 

12 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Then we are all in fron your perspective.    That's what I'm asking.  Which would you choose. 

I think they are more likely to be all-in now than they were at 3-1 with false confidence in their offensive personnel after a couple blowout wins.

A lot of the key players on this roster are older..........so sitting on draft picks isn't necessarily going to fully replenish those losses.    I think they will still be all-in this season and that would require some trade activity.

I think the approach could be to trade earlier picks for players and later picks so that they still have some draft pick numbers........that's a fairly common approach........and then hoping they find guys like Milano and Johnson and Benford with those later choices.

2 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

It's decision time.  Do you think you have what it takes to win it all this year?   Without tre Milano and jones?   If you do then you get josh a weapon as Knox and Davis are trash.  

If you don't.  Then we need to get some cap space and picks.  

Who helps that ?

1.   Poyer?   

2.   Knox?

3.  Sad to say but Dawkins?

4.  Oliver? 

5. Epenesa?

6.  Diggs???   Doubtful I know BUT...

I'm torn to be honest.   I don't think the D has enough to win this year even with josh having another weapon. 

We sell is my guess.  

Should we all buy matching track suits & Nikes, make some punch, and wait for a comet?

2 hours ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

Knox and a 1st or 2nd for Davante, it should help offset Adams contract.

or Knox and a 2nd/3rd for Hollywood Brown.

or Knox and something something for a legit #2 WR…

In short, Knox needs to ***** off and we need a WR… Oh, and for McDermott to pull his head out of his ass, I’ll give up a 4th if somebody can find a guy to help with that…

How old is Adams? 
I thought the idea is to sell older stars, or 2nd contract players to peaking teams for draft picks, not to just get even older. 

2 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

It's decision time.  Do you think you have what it takes to win it all this year?   Without tre Milano and jones?   If you do then you get josh a weapon as Knox and Davis are trash.  

If you don't.  Then we need to get some cap space and picks.  

Who helps that ?

1.   Poyer?   

2.   Knox?

3.  Sad to say but Dawkins?

4.  Oliver? 

5. Epenesa?

6.  Diggs???   Doubtful I know BUT...

I'm torn to be honest.   I don't think the D has enough to win this year even with josh having another weapon. 

We sell is my guess.  

Poyer is a 32 year old safety with zero trade value and we have zero depth behind him. No shot of trading, no reason to.

Knox is banged up and cheap (this year), expensive next year then an opt out clause. I am fully on board with Kincaid taking over the #1 role, but keep Knox as the #2.

Why TF would you trade Dawkins? 
Why TF would you trade Oliver? Epensa?

Why TFF would you trade Diggs? WTF. 

I can see them trading Gabe Davis, maybe, if it was a player-for-player swamp.

I really hope they try to acquire Jones’ replacement because Settle has never been it. 

2 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

His contract isn’t that bad. 

He’s like 6.4 million this year, 14.4 next year then an opt out. 

Someone might bite on that, but you have to scrap the whole offense. I’d rather just make Kincaid the top TE. 

He needs to renegotiate to be a little more friendly. More guaranteed for a pay cut 

36 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

This team is on pace for 8-6, which is better than 7-6 start in 2021. A game that ended with 13 seconds. Don’t give up hope man. 

That team was good!

18 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Poyer is a 32 year old safety with zero trade value and we have zero depth behind him. No shot of trading, no reason to.

Knox is banged up and cheap (this year), expensive next year then an opt out clause. I am fully on board with Kincaid taking over the #1 role, but keep Knox as the #2.

Why TF would you trade Dawkins? 
Why TF would you trade Oliver? Epensa?

Why TFF would you trade Diggs? WTF. 

I can see them trading Gabe Davis, maybe, if it was a player-for-player swamp.

I really hope they try to acquire Jones’ replacement because Settle has never been it. 

1.   Poyer is cheap and a leader.  A team like lions would love to have him.   

2.   Knox is terrible.  Like bad. Why keep him.  I'd rather see Morris. 

3.  Because we are 34M over cap next year and need more youth and pics. 

4.  See above. 

5  time to rebuild.  We can delay it one more year but then will be I'm cap hell.  Sell high. 

3 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

At 5-3 or 4-4 at the deadline? No, we aren't sellers

I expect a win against the Bucks,  they need to look at the tape and see that playing fast on offence is the way to go. Make the adjustments and hopefully Beane grows a pair and goes and gets a receiver because unless your football stupid you have to see that Davis as our #2 receiver has been a problem and this goes back to last season.  The fact is the Bills went out and brought back Beasely and Brown at the end of last season because the offence was struggling.  Those two were on the street snd Allen made the request. 

57 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Wrong sport.

NFL trade deadline is nothing like the other sports. Rarely see big trades during the season.  

The comp pick formula and trades triggering dead cap makes trades difficult

Thank you!

Feels like 50% of the posts these days are "trade for so and so". 

Trades are exceedingly rare in the NFL. The deadline is a yearly nothing burger. Teams don't do rentals like the NHL or the NBA. All Draft picks are important. Especially in the cap situation we're in this year, next year, and the amount of FA's we have coming up to be re-signed or replaced.

Yet people want to act like it's not a real thing or that Brandon Beane is the type of GM to go New Orleans style and worry about it later, like they would.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Trade Diggs for 2 first round picks. Fire Dorsey. Tell Sean anything less than AFC Championship game next year & your done. Rebuild now. This season is over. This offense sucks.

OR

I'm overly emotional about the loss.

You're 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Sellers big time. Team is an embarrassment and in complete shambles! Miller, Knox, Davis are stealing money. It's not Halloween yet, and the rest of the season is now in garbage time. 7 total wins tops. Anyone show me more? Allen's career is being wasted with Bean and McDermott. National media already trolling the Bills. What a sad season. They'll likely rebound against the Bucs at home (too little too late). Maybe beat the Bronco's and Pats later. That's it. 7-10. Time to sell! 

1 hour ago, Brian Higgins hair said:

How old is Adams? 
I thought the idea is to sell older stars, or 2nd contract players to peaking teams for draft picks, not to just get even older. 

I tend to avoid wanting to trade for aging players, but Adams is still a top 5 WR, and if they want to win with this Von Miller window they paid for, then they have to go all in.

Hollywood might make more sense long term if they can resign him by getting out of some costly deals next year, Adams is just the guy who’s likely just as hungry for that title as the city of Buffalo is.

1 hour ago, Niagara Dude said:

I expect a win against the Bucks,  they need to look at the tape and see that playing fast on offence is the way to go. Make the adjustments and hopefully Beane grows a pair and goes and gets a receiver because unless your football stupid you have to see that Davis as our #2 receiver has been a problem and this goes back to last season.  The fact is the Bills went out and brought back Beasely and Brown at the end of last season because the offence was struggling.  Those two were on the street snd Allen made the request. 

We need to come out against the Buccs in the 2 min drill to start off the game. No huddle. Try something different 

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

We need to be buying not selling.

we are a few plays from being undefeated.

now we haven't played like that recently but getting a WR and DT would solve a lot of problems.

Please stop.  This is a sub .500 team the way they are playing.  They suck.  Unless they revert back to allowing Allen is allowed to push the ball down the field. 

Edited by Dablitzkrieg
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

So 100% starters are required for a Super Bowl win ? Pretty sure that doesn’t happen, at least not often. 

Let’s take take Kielce and Jones off KC, do they win the Super Bowl? Let’s take Hill and Waddle off Miami are they above 500? It’s not how many you lose, it’s who you lose. But as we get further along, it is more than apparent the combination of Allen and Dorsey isn’t working.

Check out this tweet from Channel 4’s Josh Reed:

https://x.com/4joshreed/status/1716620665220907436?s=46&t=8ZEIwokTeanemk54SQ608g

“I can’t believe we are at this point but…
If the Bills don’t win Thursday they may be active at the trade deadline but at 4-4 and with Cincy, Philly, KC, Miami to go, maybe they’re not buyers.”

This is an interesting scenario because we’ve talked a lot of trading for players to “save” the season at the deadline.  But I do t think you do this unless you really believe you have a team that can go all the way.  So if the injured are defense are deemed too much do the Bills run a one-week fire sale for players on expiring contracts like Davis, Epinesa…maybe a Ryan Bates, in an attempt to recoup picks to re-load for next season?

This is why IMO the NFL hasn’t extended the trade deadline a bit later.  They don’t want to give teams the options to do this.

I personally don’t believe the Bills feel that at 4-4, the season is finished.  It wouldn’t be impossible for a playoff spot and I don’t think you sacrifice your chance at playoffs in week 9.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.