Are we now sellers at deadline???

Hebert19

It's decision time.  Do you think you have what it takes to win it all this year?   Without tre Milano and jones?   If you do then you get josh a weapon as Knox and Davis are trash.  

If you don't.  Then we need to get some cap space and picks.  

Who helps that ?

1.   Poyer?   

2.   Knox?

3.  Sad to say but Dawkins?

4.  Oliver? 

5. Epenesa?

6.  Diggs???   Doubtful I know BUT...

I'm torn to be honest.   I don't think the D has enough to win this year even with josh having another weapon. 

We sell is my guess.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 3

Just now, Hebert19 said:

It's decision time.  Do you think you have what it takes to win it all this year?   Without tre Milano and jones?   If you do then you get josh a weapon as Knox and Davis are trash.  

Who helps that ?

1.   Poyer?   Would sell

2.   Knox? Yes, number one, even if in contention just to clear awful contract

3.  Sad to say but Dawkins?  If out of contention perhaps. 

4.  Oliver? Na, likely small return and playing well

5. Epenesa?  After the vanishing act today perhaps

6.  Diggs???  Na.   Doubtful I know BUT...

I'm torn to be honest.   I don't think the D has enough to win this year even with josh having another weapon. 

We sell is my guess.  

Just now, Mike in Horseheads said:

If any suckers want Knox dump his ass

Yup.  He's awful.  Stone hands.  Never open.  

Just now, BillsUberAlles said:

Where's Aaron Rodgers when you need him?

"R-E-L-A-X"

This team cannot and I repeat cannot win a superbowl with Milano Jones and tre out.   So what are we playing for...a first round playoff loss

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Who helps that ?

1.   Poyer?   

2.   Knox?

4.  Oliver? 

5. Epenesa?

We sell is my guess.  

I would never advocate for it because he is the only one with passion, but either way Diggs is untradeable. It would be better to have him sit out than trade him with the way his contract is structured. Paying Oliver was stupid, paying Knox because he is Josh's friend was stupid, any grabbing scrubs for WRs was stupid. The defense needs to be overhauled in the offseason while still addressing serious offensive problems. I don't see how they do it with all the bad contracts. 

No way we sell. We are still in the playoff contention. And all the losses we have are in close games where we just had a slow start. My guess they will believe they just need to change the offense a bit and get in a rhythm earlier.

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

They should be. They are going to have a lot of holes. White is probably gone, Poyer will be gone, Hyde is going to need a legit replacement, interior D line, center, tackle, and a bunch of WR's. Lot of spots need an influx of talent and not a lot of money to do it with. Only way is through the draft, so yeah. Get some picks

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Who helps that ?

1.   Poyer?   

2.   Knox?

4.  Oliver? 

5. Epenesa?

We sell is my guess.  

At 5-3 or 4-4 at the deadline? No, we aren't sellers

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

This team isn't bad enough to get high picks. No way that happens without a trade up.

I don't see them selling. Bills have a great QB and are expected to compete for SB's. That's probably how Terry looks at it. 

So then you have to fire Sean. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Who helps that ?

1.   Poyer?   

2.   Knox?

4.  Oliver? 

5. Epenesa?

We sell is my guess.  

Diggs and Oliver untradeable. Knox would be a hit.

Not sure the rest would be worth much 

2 minutes ago, pigpen65 said:

They should be. They are going to have a lot of holes. White is probably gone, Poyer will be gone, Hyde is going to need a legit replacement, interior D line, center, tackle, and a bunch of WR's. Lot of spots need an influx of talent and not a lot of money to do it with. Only way is through the draft, so yeah. Get some picks

Exactly.  We need tonnes of picks. 

• Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, dje85 said:

No way we sell. We are still in the playoff contention. And all the losses we have are in close games where we just had a slow start. My guess they will believe they just need to change the offense a bit and get in a rhythm earlier.

Tend to agree, they are too good to not be in playoff contention and once you get in, you never know.  All of a sudden they could figure things out again on offense.

At this point think the only things I'd consider at this point would be firing Dorsey and trying to find DT help.

4 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

I think that is a good start.  He lost the team after 13 seconds.  That was bad enough.  But not accepting any accountability for what happened, was his death knell.  Team looks lost and lifeless for big stretches.  We came off a 28 point win against MIami with 3 terrible performances.  That should never happen with Josh Allen as our QB.  Letting Mack Jones shred us today especially on the last drive is unacceptable.

30 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Who helps that ?

1.   Poyer?   

2.   Knox?

4.  Oliver? 

5. Epenesa?

We sell is my guess.  

Oliver and Diggs contracts are untradable. And it would be dumb to move on from them.

Epenesa has half of a season under contract. No one's going to give us anything for that when it's going to take most of that time to get up to speed with the playbook.

And why would anyone want Knox, Dawkins, or Poyer's contracts?

No one's going to want any of them and why tear it down for the nothing returns we'd get for any of them?

This ain't the NHL or the NBA. The trade deadline is a nothing burger in the NFL. Trades are exceedingly rare. Yet posters like to treat it like it's a feast every season.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

I know for sure both him and Dorsey need to be gone at the conclusion of the season. Now would be preferred. Can't keep wasting the prime of an elite QB.

This team needs an offensive coach. Eagles/Lions OC's should be near the top of the interview list. Even someone like Lincoln Riley from USC.

Offense rules today. Teams with elite QB's (We have one), are winning SB's. Five of the last SB's were won by Mahomes or Brady. Obviously, both elite QB's.

If you think you’re a SB team (this defense isn’t even a playoff defense) then you trade Davis and a pick and try to get a better WR 2 (not likely).  

If you are serious about 2024 and think this season is over then you sell Hyde, Poyer, AJ, and still Davis.   

If you are this current regime you trade for a Punt returner and call it a day.  

Knox and a 1st or 2nd for Davante, it should help offset Adams contract.

or Knox and a 2nd/3rd for Hollywood Brown.

or Knox and something something for a legit #2 WR…

In short, Knox needs to ***** off and we need a WR… Oh, and for McDermott to pull his head out of his ass, I’ll give up a 4th if somebody can find a guy to help with that…

8 minutes ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

Knox and a 1st or 2nd for Davante, it should help offset Adams contract.

or Knox and a 2nd/3rd for Hollywood Brown.

or Knox and something something for a legit #2 WR…

In short, Knox needs to ***** off and we need a WR… Oh, and for McDermott to pull his head out of his ass, I’ll give up a 4th if somebody can find a guy to help with that…

This is what I'm thinking. 

1 hour ago, Hebert19 said:

Who helps that ?

1.   Poyer?   

2.   Knox?

4.  Oliver? 

5. Epenesa?

We sell is my guess.  

I'm with you, I don't think Josh has the needed weapons to succeed and the injuries in D are too much.  Reality check year 

There are no buyers and sellers in the NFL. It’s not hockey.

There’s this thing called “dead cap” that makes trading big contracts very difficult in the NFL. You can read about it here: https://www.spotrac.com/news/understanding-nfl-dead-cap-1781/?callback=in&code=ZGQ1MZZMYJMTY2M4OS0ZY2ZLLTHJZTITNDI4ZDLHNJBLMDK4&state=7cfb63f659b54e1290b4d5be7a935113

Now here’s the dead cap numbers for all those guys people want to trade:https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/

Not gonna happen.

1 hour ago, Hebert19 said:

Yup.  He's awful.  Stone hands.  Never open.  

This team cannot and I repeat cannot win a superbowl with Milano Jones and tre out.   So what are we playing for...a first round playoff loss

I agree with you. But you don't become sellers in the trade market when you are 5-3 or 4-4. If anything, you become buyers. And Milano, I believe can come back if we make the playoffs. He never tore any ligaments. I don't think we see him in the regular season, though 

2 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

There are no buyers and sellers in the NFL. It’s not hockey.

There’s this thing called “dead cap” that makes trading big contracts very difficult in the NFL. You can read about it here: https://www.spotrac.com/news/understanding-nfl-dead-cap-1781/?callback=in&code=ZGQ1MZZMYJMTY2M4OS0ZY2ZLLTHJZTITNDI4ZDLHNJBLMDK4&state=7cfb63f659b54e1290b4d5be7a935113

Now here’s the dead cap numbers for all those guys people want to trade:https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/

Not gonna happen.

Eat the cap and start over, preferably with someone else making the picks 

It's too early in the season to discuss this topic.  We could easily win the next 4 (Tampa, Bengals, Broncos, Jets), although the Bengals game will be the greatest challenge.  If we lose two of the next 4, then the season is about ready to be scuttled.  The Eagles and Chiefs follow so we could easily be 6-7 after them.  I would like to think we could still go 4-2 over the next 6 at the very least, but some things need to come together for us.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.