Never thought I’d say this. Sean McDermott is a stupid coach.

Beast

On 10/22/2023 at 7:31 PM, Billsfan1972 said:

Again he took a 7-9 teams eliminated in OT the second last week of the season in 2016 and basically a 1 game improvement.  Hoop de doo.....

TBF, he did it while blowing up the team and everyone expected a tank year. Regardless of how we got there... we got there after having the longest stretch of no playoff appearances.  The man should get some credit.

On 10/22/2023 at 7:47 PM, Niagara Dude said:

He did 13 secs,  stop making excuses or talking about making the playoffs.  The fact is they made the playoffs because Cincy made some crazy late touchdown play. He has screwed up in big moments and should have hired a defensive cordinator to focus on HC duties.

I agree with this. 13 seconds is on him.

On 10/22/2023 at 7:52 PM, Roundybout said:

You think we get to the AFCCG with Doug Marrone?

Not really but didnt he take the Jags there?

Just now, Solomon Grundy said:

Mr Scary should've put the knife in them and went for it on one of those 4th and 2 plays

I didn’t have problem with the punts.  It’s the back to back special teams holding penalties that cost us points.  complete lack of discipline.  then moron phillips grabbing face mask.  then von Offside to make throw to end zone do-able.  then phillips standing there and letting mayfield step into the throw. 

We’re a stupid team with a choke artist head coach.  get rid of him.  

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Billever76 said:

Can't believe fans still make excuses for how crappy our HC is

Yes because, again, McD told Phillips to be an idiot on that play.  The game was over if he didn't unnecessarily grab the facemask.

• Like (+1) 2

Meanwhile, Nick Sirriani is going for it on 4th and 1 on his own 29 the other night.

Too bad Howie Roseman isn’t our GM because McClappy’s fraud tail would’ve been fired on the tarmac after 13 seconds.

I can’t stand the guy as a coach. He’s stolen the joy out of this team for me.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, McBean said:

Meanwhile, Nick Sirriani is going for it on 4th and 1 on his own 29 the other night.

Too bad Howie Roseman isn’t our GM because McClappy’s fraud tail would’ve been fired on the tarmac after 13 seconds.

Then don’t watch or post, please. 

• Eyeroll 1

11 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

I just don’t see any growth from him as a coach. I’m seeing similar mistakes and themes that keep holding this team back.

How dare you try to hold McDummy accountable for his lack of growth or any sort of improvement in his coaching game!

McDummy demands accountability from everyone but himself.  The man is a gutless coward as a coach  Still can't believe he got away with a fricken gag order on discussion of his F'up in the 13 seconds loss that should have led to his termination.  The Bills will not sniff a Super Bowl, much less win one as long as he remains head coach.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, McBean said:

That's because the "Brotherly Shove" is an automatic 1st down on 3rd or 4th and 1.  But they never do it with more than a yard to go.

16 minutes ago, McBean said:

Beane can't fire McD. They both report to Pegula. It's stupid, but true. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

So...not a whole lot of love for the HC on this message board..fair enough..some of the play calling and game management has been horrendous. 

But can anyone show me any precedent for an Owner/GM firing a coach mid season thats 5-3 after sustaining the injuries that have put many of your key players out for the season?

If the team continues to collapse as the season goes on and ends abruptly, a firing is a possibility..but ANY chance of McDermott being fired now are somewhere between slim to none.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.