McDermott Hot Seat?

Mark92

12 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Here's an example of what I mean - imagine the Chiefs are down 2 scores in the 4th quarter. Mahomes leads a great TD drive and with 4 minutes left they kick off to the Jaguars. Does anyone here think that Jaguars drive ends with a 35 yard TD run putting the game out of reach? No chance. I guarantee the Chiefs get the ball back with plenty of time and end up pulling out the win, I've seen it a dozen times over the last few years. Why does our team always seem to fall apart in those critical moments?

Valid point although we don't always far apart as last year we had close wins against the Ravens, Chiefs, Dolphins (twice), Lions, and Browns.  I just think we're average at winning close games under McDermott/Allen while they're exceptional under Reid/Mahomes.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/8/2023 at 7:43 PM, Mark92 said:

The way this offense can go from running like a sports car to a dump truck in 7 days is baffling.  At some point the roller coaster needs to stop.  We have all seen how great this team can be.  We only get so many chances with Allen at the helm.  Beane has to be at least pondering the idea of coaching being the issue.  Also is there an issue with this teams conditioning?  Lots of injuries the past 2-3 years. 

Are you mentally Ill? Or simply a Miami, NE Patriots fan trolling the Buffalo boards?

McD showed how talented he is with that defensive game plan against division rival Maimi. this team would literally need to switch places with the NY Giants for this HC to be on any kind of hot seat.

Also. some teams simply have another team's number at times. I didn't like the loss to the Jaguars either but I'm not about to cut my throat over it for the loss. 

Buffalo is so darn lucky to have McD as its HC, and Beane as its GM. 

21 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

They need different eyes on Allen. McDermott aint that guy and Dorsey is just a friend. 

McD has been very good to the organization. He will always be beloved for his success and turning around a failed organization. Bulls football sure has been fun to under his regime. Topple that with his high character and he's a winner in Bills' fans eyes. 

However, all good things come to an end. The team needs change.  They need an innovative offensive mind. Several names come to mind. Take your pick. 

I just don't see much more McD can do to get this team over the hump. I'm sure many will disagree here.

Besides with 17 on the team the Bills should always be in the mix for playoffs births. McD has failed repeated to get this team over the hump. How much longer can or should the fans be deprived? We all know that 13 seconds feeling. Folks that's McD and many of us can't forget it. I'd venture to say many players can't either. 

After the 13 second debacle, McD barely beat a Miami team playing a 3rdcstring QB and then promptly pooped the bed vs Cincinnati. Arguably, the biggest home playoff game in recent memory. His team wasn't ready to play. That's on McD!!!

How many more opportunities does he get? What makes you think he can led the Bills to the SB? Win the SB? I see many reason why he hasn't. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I like McDermott.  I have a ton of respect for how he created a winning and togetherness culture.  In a league where it's ultra difficult to stop offenses, he's been excellent overall at game planning and getting a lot out of individual players. 

On the flip side, if I could choose,  I'd much rather have an offensive guy.  If coordinators come and go, your offense is always taken care of.  IMO, offensive coaches seem much more aware of end of game strategy.  McD is atrocious at time out usage and it shows up too much.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

McD has been very good to the organization. He will always be beloved for his success and turning around a failed organization. Bulls football sure has been fun to under his regime. Topple that with his high character and he's a winner in Bills' fans eyes. 

However, all good things come to an end. The team needs change.  They need an innovative offensive mind. Several names come to mind. Take your pick. 

I just don't see much more McD can do to get this team over the hump. I'm sure many will disagree here.

Besides with 17 on the team the Bills should always be in the mix for playoffs births. McD has failed repeated to get this team over the hump. How much longer can or should the fans be deprived? We all know that 13 seconds feeling. Folks that's McD and many of us can't forget it. I'd venture to say many players can't either. 

After the 13 second debacle, McD barely beat a Miami team playing a 3rdcstring QB and then promptly pooped the bed vs Cincinnati. Arguably, the biggest home playoff game in recent memory. His team wasn't ready to play. That's on McD!!!

How many more opportunities does he get? What makes you think he can led the Bills to the SB? Win the SB? I see many reason why he hasn't. 

To be fair, if we are going to keep referencing Mcd for barely beating a Miami 3rd string Qb team  let’s give him credit for absolutely smoking the hottest talked about team just a few weeks ago.

So the question is would you consider this a Super Bowl or Bust year? Because many already feel that the loss of Milano, Jones and Tre have really diminished our chances already. Is it fair to put that on Mcd? 

Did it really feel like a Super Bowl team to you last year? To me not really.

So one year yes everyone was playing out of their mind.. however you got respect who was on the other side of the ball. Mainly the best Qb,Tight End and Coach in football right now. Just as many people talk about what Mahomes can do in 13 seconds rather than us losing it.

With that said, I do find it disappointing that Allen doesn’t have an MVP to his name or reached a Super Bowl yet. Year six already and I’m afraid time is flying by so fast, that soon we could be staring at year 10 and so on. 

This team is going to need to get a lot younger quickly and Pegula is going to need to decide if Beane and Mcd are the best for that moving forward.. and I do believe they are a package deal. 

17 minutes ago, Pirate Angel said:

They should have flown overseas Monday after the dolphins game 

Yep. I said this when they first announced that they were going to fly out on Thursday night. I’ll say again, as I said then though, maybe they didn’t have a place to go to set up shop for the week and practice. Hard to imagine the latter, but who knows. Maybe they told the league weeks ago that they were going over on Thursday night, and even if they decided at the last minute that they wanted to spend the week there, by then, all available venues were booked up/not available.

In any case, that’s still not the reason why they lost. Poor execution and poor play calling on offense is why they lost.

9 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Yep. I said this when they first announced that they were going to fly out on Thursday night. I’ll say again, as I said then though, maybe they didn’t have a place to go to set up shop for the week and practice. Hard to imagine the latter, but who knows. Maybe they told the league weeks ago that they were going over on Thursday night, and even if they decided at the last minute that they wanted to spend the week there, by then, all available venues were booked up/not available.

In any case, that’s still not the reason why they lost. Poor execution and poor play calling on offense is why they lost.

McD and crew did their research on the travel protocol for heading over to London -- and reached out to teams who had made multiple trips over there for advice. The consensus was that Thursday evening travel was the best prescribed day/time for departure. What was lost in this equation was that historically BOTH teams had to travel over there during the same week -- and historically we have seen sloppy play in these games due to the change in typical weekly preparation by BOTH teams. In this case -- and for the first time ever -- the Bills were facing an opponent who did not have to endure the same turmoil they did during the days leading up to the game. As we saw this turned out to be a HEAVY advantage for the Jags -- and I doubt that the NFL will try this again given the unfair competitive imbalance that it clearly presented. The "experiment" failed.

You are right that the play calling and execution left a great deal to be desired. And I certainly was (am) not happy with Dorsey in particular. Yes, the Jags clearly looked sharper -- had FAR fewer missed tackles and significantly better 3rd down conversion rates. But I submit to you that this was more of a by-product of the advantage in weekly preparation, rest, etc. that the Jags experienced more so than any commentary on the quality of coaching. In fact, given the time of possession domination, etc., the fact that the Bills were only down 11-7 heading into the 4th quarter may say a thing or two about the quality of the Bills coaching.

• Agree 2

8 hours ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

To be fair, if we are going to keep referencing Mcd for barely beating a Miami 3rd string Qb team  let’s give him credit for absolutely smoking the hottest talked about team just a few weeks ago.

So the question is would you consider this a Super Bowl or Bust year? Because many already feel that the loss of Milano, Jones and Tre have really diminished our chances already. Is it fair to put that on Mcd? 

Did it really feel like a Super Bowl team to you last year? To me not really.

So one year yes everyone was playing out of their mind.. however you got respect who was on the other side of the ball. Mainly the best Qb,Tight End and Coach in football right now. Just as many people talk about what Mahomes can do in 13 seconds rather than us losing it.

With that said, I do find it disappointing that Allen doesn’t have an MVP to his name or reached a Super Bowl yet. Year six already and I’m afraid time is flying by so fast, that soon we could be staring at year 10 and so on. 

This team is going to need to get a lot younger quickly and Pegula is going to need to decide if Beane and Mcd are the best for that moving forward.. and I do believe they are a package deal. 

Comparing a regular season win to a playoff win or lose isn't on the same playing field. To answer your question, yes McD and Dorsey were excellent in game planning vs Miami this year. 

Funny how sentiment changes after the fact. Last year so many were thinking this was a SB team. The Bills reeled off several wins and had home field advantage vs Cincinnati. The vast majority here absolutely thought the Bills would beat Cinci 

On the KC on a neutral field. Most would gladly take that. The Bills have built themselves to beat KC. 

To say now that you or many Bills fans didn't think they were SB caliber is disingenuous. 

I'm not willing to give McD a free pass this year due to injuries. Sure it sucks but the Bills still have a damn good offense. An offense that can certainly thrive and carry the team to a SB appearance. That's where I have issues and complaints.

I don't feel McD is the coach to led this offense. I don't feel Dorsey is the OC to utilize Allen and Co. Neither puts the players in the best position to succeed and win especially come playoff time. How many times do we need to see it? 

This is exactly why I disagree with Beane and McD are the right guys. They were brilliant in building a winner, sustaining a winning team, and modest success in the playoffs. The time has passed and the last several years have been fairly disappointing. Regular season victories are nice, playoff appearances are commendable, and the post season anticipation was fun fun fun. Sure it can be worse. 

The bar has moved in this fans eyes. Super Bowl or bust isn't really a fair measuring stick. It's an obvious goal and one that was absolutely attainable the last few years. Frankly, it's been early playoff exits under the current regime. That's just not cutting it anymore. 

Let's move on and get an innovative, creative, offensive mind in the building. It's crystal clear that's what the Bills need. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, 2003Contenders said:

McD and crew did their research on the travel protocol for heading over to London -- and reached out to teams who had made multiple trips over there for advice. The consensus was that Thursday evening travel was the best prescribed day/time for departure. What was lost in this equation was that historically BOTH teams had to travel over there during the same week -- and historically we have seen sloppy play in these games due to the change in typical weekly preparation by BOTH teams. In this case -- and for the first time ever -- the Bills were facing an opponent who did not have to endure the same turmoil they did during the days leading up to the game. As we saw this turned out to be a HEAVY advantage for the Jags -- and I doubt that the NFL will try this again given the unfair competitive imbalance that it clearly presented. The "experiment" failed.

You are right that the play calling and execution left a great deal to be desired. And I certainly was (am) not happy with Dorsey in particular. Yes, the Jags clearly looked sharper -- had FAR fewer missed tackles and significantly better 3rd down conversion rates. But I submit to you that this was more of a by-product of the advantage in weekly preparation, rest, etc. that the Jags experienced more so than any commentary on the quality of coaching. In fact, given the time of possession domination, etc., the fact that the Bills were only down 11-7 heading into the 4th quarter may say a thing or two about the quality of the Bills coaching.

I'm not going to read the other 16 pages. This is an excellent take on what happened. Lock the thread and PIN this post. 

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Gregg said:

Last night on the NFLN they said the Titans were going to arrive in London today (Friday) meanwhile the Ravens left for London on Monday. So, the Bills aren't the only team to wait until the last minute to fly there.

I think the big difference is that the Jags had been there for a full week already, had a game, got completely used to the surroundings, routine and time zone. I know people think this is just sour grapes on the Bills part but that had to be an advantage, I don't see how it couldn't have been. 

To be honest if we had simply lost that game I really wouldn't be too bothered about it, just because of how out of the ordinary it was. The killer is the injuries that occurred. 

3 hours ago, NUT said:

Nope.

I think the fans who are satisfied with McDermott are delusional. He has proven season after season what he is, not good enough.

There are times when I wonder what an offensive coach would bring, but generally when you replace someone who is perceived to not get over the hill - it turns into a grass is always greener situation and it doesn't end well. Respectfully,  im glad you are in the minority and the stability McD has brought has allowed the team to be successful. Most people see its because of that, not inspite of that.  Lucky for us, the only person it really matters to sees and knows this.

• Dislike 2

1 hour ago, chongli said:

Some guy who is a Bills fan posted this a few days ago. This better not be true this year.

The amount of people who want to apply unbreakable cycles, or some kind of detrimental recurring unfixable fault to the bills is obnoxious.

I can't wait for the "bills cant win one score games" crap to start up again because we blew out 3 opponents and somehow thats a slight against us.

6 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Let's move on and get an innovative, creative, offensive mind in the building. It's crystal clear that's what the Bills need. 

Consistent playoff appearances is how you win a super bowl. Only 3 coaches in the last 25 years have won more than 1.

Burning it all down to suit your fantasy that we are going to score a Andy Reid is less likely to win us a super bowl than continuing with our yearly playoff appearances.

Year 1: New coach - No playoffs "Its his rookie year"

Year 2: Coach - No Playoffs "he has to get the right personnel"

Year 3: Coach - No Playoffs "he just has to get the right defensive coordinator"

Year 4: Coach - Playoffs "Back in the playoffs, early exit, but we are back!"

Its like you guys think new offensive minded coach and immediate super Bowl. Chances are far greater the above happens than an offensive minded coach coming in and taking us to a Super Bowl.

Remember when everyone said we missed out on Sean Payton? Thats what you are asking for. Just stop.

Edited by What a Tuel
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 2

6 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Comparing a regular season win to a playoff win or lose isn't on the same playing field. To answer your question, yes McD and Dorsey were excellent in game planning vs Miami this year. 

Funny how sentiment changes after the fact. Last year so many were thinking this was a SB team. The Bills reeled off several wins and had home field advantage vs Cincinnati. The vast majority here absolutely thought the Bills would beat Cinci 

On the KC on a neutral field. Most would gladly take that. The Bills have built themselves to beat KC. 

To say now that you or many Bills fans didn't think they were SB caliber is disingenuous. 

I'm not willing to give McD a free pass this year due to injuries. Sure it sucks but the Bills still have a damn good offense. An offense that can certainly thrive and carry the team to a SB appearance. That's where I have issues and complaints.

I don't feel McD is the coach to led this offense. I don't feel Dorsey is the OC to utilize Allen and Co. Neither puts the players in the best position to succeed and win especially come playoff time. How many times do we need to see it? 

This is exactly why I disagree with Beane and McD are the right guys. They were brilliant in building a winner, sustaining a winning team, and modest success in the playoffs. The time has passed and the last several years have been fairly disappointing. Regular season victories are nice, playoff appearances are commendable, and the post season anticipation was fun fun fun. Sure it can be worse. 

The bar has moved in this fans eyes. Super Bowl or bust isn't really a fair measuring stick. It's an obvious goal and one that was absolutely attainable the last few years. Frankly, it's been early playoff exits under the current regime. That's just not cutting it anymore. 

Who? Build your leadership room, keep reality in mind. Ready? Go?

Anyone who thinks McD is on the hot seat is smoking crack.

14 hours ago, Pirate Angel said:

They should have flown overseas Monday after the dolphins game 

The science doesn't back this up. Over the last 70 years of teams in all kinds of sports traveling overseas, don't you think they've already got that figured out as to what works best?

Did you hear any of the NFL players who have been on teams that have done that and how they said it was a nightmare?

No, of course not, because you simply want to keep perpetuating this myth since you've convinced yourself it makes sense in your own head even tho it doesn't work the way you think it would for the body.

Edited by BillsUberAlles
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, CSBill said:

16 pages??? 

Let me give an answer: “No!”

To any actual intelligent fan - that answer is obvious and has been discussed ad nauseum though this. Its the 'fans' who feel otherwise. When logic and common sense are applied, of course he isnt. Sadly, some people just dont get it. No one was this stupid during the drought. Its funny what winning does and how it brings out the silly takes. But silly posts like this are the result of those same 'fans' who (regardless of the situation) get upset bc for them, its SB or bust. Of course, thats the goal, but most people understand an NFL season never goes the way you want and expect. Its not a perfect world, but they choose to view it that way.  Its the same people who thought QB1 was washed or had fooled the world the last 3 yrs after week 1. To most people its crazy... but its scarey how many of these people actually exist

Edited by gobills1212
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

The amount of people who want to apply unbreakable cycles, or some kind of detrimental recurring unfixable fault to the bills is obnoxious.

I can't wait for the "bills cant win one score games" crap to start up again because we blew out 3 opponents and somehow thats a slight against us.

Consistent playoff appearances is how you win a super bowl. Only 3 coaches in the last 25 years have won more than 1.

Burning it all down to suit your fantasy that we are going to score a Andy Reid is less likely to win us a super bowl than continuing with our yearly playoff appearances.

Year 1: New coach - No playoffs "Its his rookie year"

Year 2: Coach - No Playoffs "he has to get the right personnel"

Year 3: Coach - No Playoffs "he just has to get the right defensive coordinator"

Year 4: Coach - Playoffs "Back in the playoffs, early exit, but we are back!"

Its like you guys think new offensive minded coach and immediate super Bowl. Chances are far greater the above happens than an offensive minded coach coming in and taking us to a Super Bowl.

Remember when everyone said we missed out on Sean Payton? Thats what you are asking for. Just stop.

You have Josh Allen as your QB. That alone almost puts your team in the playoffs. 

The risks of getting a new innovative offensive minded coach isn't as risky as a lot of people think. 

The status quo isn't getting it done. Wasting Allen's prime years here. 

I still think Peyton would be doing well as the Bills head coach. I think he would have the Bills win  loss record of 3-2 or better? Denver is a bad football team unlike Buffalo. So your comparison really isn't valid. 

I mean right now the Bills are 3-2 and second in the division. I think that's not what fans expected. 

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, chongli said:

Some guy who is a Bills fan posted this a few days ago. This better not be true this year.

Rinse and repeat. 

I was watching TV and one of the football analyst congratulated the Bills for being the September super bowl champs. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

8 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

You have Josh Allen as your QB. That alone almost puts your team in the playoffs. 

The risks of getting a new innovative offensive minded coach isn't as risky as a lot of people think. 

The status quo isn't getting it done. Wasting Allen's prime years here. 

I still think Peyton would be doing well as the Bills head coach. I think he would have the Bills win  loss record of 3-2 or better? Denver is a bad football team unlike Buffalo. So your comparison really isn't valid. 

I mean right now the Bills are 3-2 and second in the division. I think that's not what fans expected. 

You think 3-2 is on McDermott? Even if we gave you the Jaguars, it certainly wasn't McDermott that turned the ball over 4 times against the Jets.

Commanders and Raiders score combined 13 points but Josh Allen won those games carrying the team on his back 😂 

Dolphins are averaging 36 points (28 if you want to remove the 70 pt anomaly) a game and have been the most explosive offense in the NFL, but the Bills defense held them to 20. All Josh Allen.

But yeah, Sean Payton and his stellar offensive genius at 1-5 is the solution to the Bills woes 😂.

My goodness some of you are delusional. Talk about grass is always greener but you want to trade our lawn for a desert.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 3

32 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Just looked at the box score for that game (Stanford vs Colorado). Colorado had 17 penalties to Stanford's 7! I didn’t see the game, but WTF, Over?!

Penalties are always a lame excuse.  They gave up a 97-yard TD pass.  I like what Deion brings to college football but his team is clearly undisciplined.

3 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

You think 3-2 is on McDermott? Even if we gave you the Jaguars, it certainly wasn't McDermott that turned the ball over 4 times against the Jets.

Commanders and Raiders score combined 13 points but Josh Allen won those games carrying the team on his back 😂 

Dolphins are averaging 36 points (28 if you want to remove the 70 pt anomaly) a game and have been the most explosive offense in the NFL, but the Bills defense held them to 20. All Josh Allen.

But yeah, Sean Payton and his stellar offensive genius at 1-5 is the solution to the Bills woes 😂.

My goodness some of you are delusional. Talk about grass is always greener but you want to trade our lawn for a desert.

I didn't say Peyton was the answer. I sure wouldn't have minded taking a shot with him. However, the cost was prohibitive. The idea of being on a creative offensive mind is really the point. A Ben Johnson or  prototype is what I was and am advocating for. 

You can't compare the failed results of a bad Denver team with the likely results of very good Buffalo team. They just don't equate. 

Talk about taking what I'm saying out of context. 

• Like (+1) 1

I think the OP is confusing Sean’s heated leather seats in his car with something else…

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Ben Johnson the current OC from Detroit. 

I'd even consider Dion Sanders. Can you imagine the buzz? The guy is a winner. 

Ben would/could be really good. Just not a guarantee might flame out, might do like the Rams HC.
I’d hard pass on Dion, just a personal thing there really. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

I didn't say Peyton was the answer. I sure wouldn't have minded taking a shot with him. However, the cost was prohibitive. The idea of being on a creative offensive mind is really the point. A Ben Johnson or  prototype is what I was and am advocating for. 

You can't compare the failed results of a bad Denver team with the likely results of very good Buffalo team. They just don't equate. 

Talk about taking what I'm saying out of context. 

How is it out of context, you are literally saying Sean Payton would do better than McDermott with this Bills team. Better than what McDermott is doing, is practically Super Bowl if not AFC Championship. How is that not "the answer"?

Also creative offensive mind? Its not like they are scoring loads of points and their defense is the issue. Its both. The guy made the playoffs 60% of the time when he had Drew Brees at QB.

I have not seen anything out of the Denver offense this year that makes me think "damn, if Josh Allen had that, we'd be so good on offense".

At this point both HC's that a lot of the McDermott haters have been pushing for have been bombing out. 1-5 Sean Payton. 1-4 Brian Daboll. Sure, blame it on the teams if you want though. Coaches you like get to blame the team for their failures. Coaches you don't like get blamed for minimal losses, and no credit for winning.

Edited by What a Tuel
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

How is it out of context, you are literally saying Sean Payton would do better than McDermott with this Bills team. Better than what McDermott is doing, is practically Super Bowl if not AFC Championship. How is that not "the answer"?

Also creative offensive mind? Its not like they are scoring loads of points and their defense is the issue. Its both. The guy made the playoffs 60% of the time when he had Drew Brees at QB.

I have not seen anything out of the Denver offense this year that makes me think "damn, if Josh Allen had that, we'd be so good on offense".

At this point both HC's that a lot of the McDermott haters have been pushing for have been bombing out. 1-5 Sean Payton. 1-4 Brian Daboll. Sure, blame it on the teams if you want though. Coaches you like get to blame the team for their failures. Coaches you don't like get blamed for minimal losses, and no credit for winning.

I gave McD a lot of flowers for the Miami win. Ditto to Dorsey too.

I will give positives when someone does their job well. 

I'm basically saying I have serious doubts about if McD is the coach to lead this team to a SB. I know many disagree and I'm fine with that.

The Peyton to Buffalo point is mute. You seem to be ramming the Peyton point down my throat. Truthfully, I'd have more faith that Peyton could lead the Bills to a SB over McD. The Denver ordeal is really a ridiculous point. Peyton has one ring under his belt and he's an offensive minded coach. I would prefer him calling plays over Dorsey. Him working with Allen. Who knows what the results would be? 

I would prefer Ben Johnson as well. 

2 hours ago, WyoAZBillfan said:

Ben would/could be really good. Just not a guarantee might flame out, might do like the Rams HC.
I’d hard pass on Dion, just a personal thing there really. 

Hypothetically, Ben Johnson is one of the only guys right now I'd be excited about. Seems to me he's probably destined for Cleveland or Minnesota or Chicago. Maybe Cincinnati? The Jets and Giants as longshots? 

6 hours ago, eball said:

Penalties are always a lame excuse.  They gave up a 97-yard TD pass.  I like what Deion brings to college football but his team is clearly undisciplined.

Penalties are not a lame excuse, they dicate the pace of the game and extend drives. Without Penalties the Patriots and Bills would have the same amount of Super Bowl wins

10 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

The fact is, McDermott isn’t going anywhere until Pegula says so. That probably means missing the playoffs or several one and done’s at a minimum. Hoping for that to happen must be a weird neighborhood to live in as a Bills fan. 

What happens in the playoffs this year is going to drastically shape the narrative on McD.  

The regular season isn't going to matter.  If we go 10-7 and get a wild-card but at least go to the Super Bowl, great.  Same if we go 13-4.  

KC's not as good this season.  There's not one other team except for maybe Miami that we should lose to in the playoffs.  And Miami does not hat the defensive talent that we have.  Either way, we own them and should be able to outscore them anytime we play them.  

If the D collapses again in the playoffs, McD's not going to weather that well.  

And there's still a dozen regular season games and some playoff games left for him to blunder some coaching decisions.  

53 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I would prefer Ben Johnson as well. 

The only name I see as a "potential" upgrade, given that McD's defense was effing HUMMING before being decimated by injuries, and no offensive coordinators (outside of Johnson) seem to be consistently lighting it up and staying ahead of NFL defenses (without deferring to their offensive HC). 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.