McDermott Hot Seat?

Mark92

56 minutes ago, Mark92 said:

The way this offense can go from running like a sports car to a dump truck in 7 days is baffling.  At some point the roller coaster needs to stop.  We have all seen how great this team can be.  We only get so many chances with Allen at the helm.  Beane has to be at least pondering the idea of coaching being the issue.  Also is there an issue with this teams conditioning?  Lots of injuries the past 2-3 years. 

Yes…he’s the hot seat.  That’s why they signed him to a contract extension

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Scoring 20 with like 0 rushing yards, a bunch of  holding penalties, 4 easy completions dropped on third down, and terrible starting field position all game is honestly kind of crazy lol. 

mcdermott is earning his money imo, that defense hung on without absolute scrubs in for most of the game.  That was not an nfl caliber defense out there for most of the game and they still kept points off the board somehow. Elam literally could not guard Ridley and they still kept the jaguars from scoring for a long stretch 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

40 minutes ago, Mark92 said:

Did you read the part where I said the past 2-3 years?  How about you get a clue.  Everyone is welcome to their opinions but blatantly making up "facts" is pathetic. 

They were top 5 last year and the year before in terms of least players lost to man games.

People simply don't watch enough other games or follow enough other teams to know how many players are out for other teams...it's typically far more than the Bills.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

It's amazing how the head coach is always the biggest scapegoat.  Every single loss is somehow due to coaching or guys being unprepared.  I've been watching football for 30+ years and it's always the same with the fans.  It was the same thing when I lived in Philadelphia.  And here in St. Louis when we had the Rams.  Always the freaking coaches.

HOW. IN. THE. WORLD. is it Sean McDermott's fault that Tre White tore his achilles on a non-contact play, Matt Milano got bent over sideways in a pile, or any other injury?

If anything, McDermott should be getting TONS of credit for this DEFENSE keeping us in the game for 4 Quarters...despite half the team being in the medical tent or street clothes.

Amen

But I do think Dorsey's seat should be getting warm.  Josh and Diggs totally bail him out 

1 hour ago, QLBillsFan said:

Pegula is the one who signed off on this ridiculous game. Putting his team at a significant competitive disadvantage!

I saw one place that stated the Bills wanted their international game scheduled in the next couple of seasons, prior to opening the new one.  So they gave them this.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mark92 said:

The way this offense can go from running like a sports car to a dump truck in 7 days is baffling.  At some point the roller coaster needs to stop.  We have all seen how great this team can be.  We only get so many chances with Allen at the helm.  Beane has to be at least pondering the idea of coaching being the issue.  Also is there an issue with this teams conditioning?  Lots of injuries the past 2-3 years. 

The real question is, can we fire fans for their idiot takes

Edited by John from Riverside
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Dr.Sack said:

Every NFL was mandated to play an oversees home game once every 8 years, no? What bugs me is our opponent was already in the UK the prior week. That’s a bit crazy. 

Yes…it is mandated, which is why I asked the other guy for a source on “pegula volunteered for this.”

This thread is about McDermott, so i will

chime in.  The one thing that continues to piss me off is the inability to win close games all too often.  I thought the Bills were starting to get past that issue last season, but here we are losing close games to the Jets and Jags.  It’s great they can win by 4 TDs and we all feel good but cmon McDermott, you Have to win the tight games to be able to win the AFC and maybe a SB.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Mark92 said:

My ideal is a quality head coach and McD as the DC, which he is good at and where he belongs IMO.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, saundena said:

Amen

But I do think Dorsey's seat should be getting warm.  Josh and Diggs totally bail him out 

I can see what you are saying with the inconsistency of the offense.   it seems like they are really good or kind of flat.  

The problem is given where the Bills ranked in offense last season and likely this season, you can make the argument that Dorsey has done a good job.  

I guess it all depends on what McDermott and Beane think and based on the comments from Beane last season, they seem to very much support Dorsey.

41 minutes ago, saundena said:

Amen

Can't the same argument be extrapolated to McD as well?  Seems as if the obvious answer to that is yes.  

If McD didn't have Allen he'd be mimicking Belichick in NE sans Brady.  

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Can't the same argument be extrapolated to McD as well?  Seems as if the obvious answer to that is yes.  

If McD didn't have Allen he'd be mimicking Belichick in NE sans Brady.  

Wait are you telling me a team wouldn't be good without a good QB....stop the ***** presses.

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Wait are you telling me a team wouldn't be good without a good QB....stop the ***** presses.

OK, so given the other issues that we have, where would McD have been now without Allen?  

I believe the context was Allen covering a multitude of shortcomings.  

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.