McDermott Hot Seat?

Mark92

I certainly think it should certainly be a hot seat year for McDermott and that's part of the reason he's calling his own defense, but I've said that from day one. He's the longest tenured coach without a Lombardi and Buffalo's only focus should be getting a super bowl while Josh Allen is here.

But these determinations aren't made in week 5 or anywhere close to week 5. That's a conversation for the end of the year and after it all plays out.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

27 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Can't the same argument be extrapolated to McD as well?  Seems as if the obvious answer to that is yes.  

If McD didn't have Allen he'd be mimicking Belichick in NE sans Brady.  

No, his track record speaks for itself.  There are things he needs to work on, but we were in the dark ages before he got here.  

Our defense is (was) much better since getting  rid of Frasier. 

If (insert name of successful HC) didn't have (insert name of top notch QB), said coach would also mimic Belichick sans TB.  We have a very good HC and QB.  We just need some good news on the injury front (and stop stop having them)

• Disagree 1

I think the bigger problem is some of our defensive players are aging. At some point the Buffalo Bills are going to have to find replacements for Micah Hyde and Jordan Poyer there both 32 years old. Von Miller looks like his better days in the NFL are behind him. This team reminds me of the Chuck Knox Buffalo Bills teams he had a lot of veterans with some success then when he left the wheels really came off. Terry Pegula bigger issue than the GM and head coach to potentially deal with is convincing Josh Allen to stick around for a Buffalo Bills rebuild. I don’t think Josh Allen is going to wait around for a rebuild so yes there is potential problems for this present Buffalo Bills roster down the road. If you’re Josh Allen you’re not sticking around on a 7-10 football team. Stefon Diggs will be long gone he looks like he wants out of Buffalo now. So it really doesn’t matter about the coach he will be fired at some point. Coaches get hired to be fired. We will see all these Sean McDermott Buffalo Bills supporters when they have some 7-10 records for the Buffalo Bills if they are so loyal to McDermott and GM Brandon Beane. Buffalo Super Fan are you saying to fire them? Yes if the Buffalo Bills begin to lose no head coach has a job forever that is ridiculous. Sean McDermott is winning because of Josh Allen just like Tom Brady in New England. Sean McDermott is a average coach at best. Put Sean McDermott in New England Patriots or the New York Jets and see how well he does. I doubt he wins in those places in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Disagree 1

He should have been fired after 13 seconds, his game management remains poor, the variance in Buffalo's offense remains way too volatile, he makes idiotic challenges over and over year after year, he blows myriad winnable games every single year (including today), and he's a religious fanatic who embarrasses himself and the team with all the "God" talk ... but people here seem to think he deserves a lifetime position despite appearing in zero Super Bowls and obviously riding the coattails of a supremely talented quarterback whose talent will never be maximized so long as he remains head coach.  I say fire him and get an offensive guru to lead the team through Josh Allen's prime.  But most are content with playoff appearances and playoff losses rather than championships.  

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 2

26 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Wanna make a bet that the bills don’t lose against the giants? Lol

Nope. But I wouldn’t be surprised or doubt it after the the way they played in the Jags game. I wouldn’t be surprised after all these injuries. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Giants are horrible. Barring an absolute melt down, bills should win this game pretty comfortably 

They should have won today too. But they didn’t. They should win against the Jets too. But they didn’t. 

• Agree 2

48 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Da f*** does that even mean? That’s not a point, that’s something some wasted funtime fan would say.

Roger goodell said in an interview giving the jags back to back home games in London was to test if the jags gained a competitive advantage from playing there multiple weeks in a row…I think that’s what he’s referencing 

insane comment on goodells part…you can’t blow a teams regular season home game to ‘test’ something.  If he had said we studied the effects of travel and rest and it’s got no effect on the game it would’ve been ok even if it wasn’t true 😂. But man self admittedly not knowing what it’s gonna be like is an absolute joke 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Roger goodell said in an interview giving the jags back to back home games in London was to test if the jags gained a competitive advantage from playing there multiple weeks in a row…I think that’s what he’s referencing 

What was his verdict? 

50 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Da f*** does that even mean? That’s not a point, that’s something some wasted funtime fan would say.

Wow try to keep up. The Bills are the only team who has had to play an opponent who has been in London for two weeks. Can you understand that ? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Dr.Sack said:

The Bills lost a game and two starters on defense thanks to an extreme TOP disadvantage and apparently left too late to adjust to the time difference. 

So back to back games are ok then ?

I kid .. but they want a team there full time one day apparently 

5 hours ago, Mark92 said:

The way this offense can go from running like a sports car to a dump truck in 7 days is baffling.  At some point the roller coaster needs to stop.  We have all seen how great this team can be.  We only get so many chances with Allen at the helm.  Beane has to be at least pondering the idea of coaching being the issue.  Also is there an issue with this teams conditioning?  Lots of injuries the past 2-3 years. 

Moron.  Nuff said.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, I am leaving for good said:

I think the bigger problem is some of our defensive players are aging. At some point the Buffalo Bills are going to have to find replacements for Micah Hyde and Jordan Poyer there both 32 years old. Von Miller looks like his better days in the NFL are behind him. This team reminds me of the Chuck Knox Buffalo Bills teams he had a lot of veterans with some success then when he left the wheels really came off. Terry Pegula bigger issue than the GM and head coach to potentially deal with is convincing Josh Allen to stick around for a Buffalo Bills rebuild. I don’t think Josh Allen is going to wait around for a rebuild so yes there is potential problems for this present Buffalo Bills roster down the road. If you’re Josh Allen you’re not sticking around on a 7-10 football team. Stefon Diggs will be long gone he looks like he wants out of Buffalo now. So it really doesn’t matter about the coach he will be fired at some point. Coaches get hired to be fired. We will see all these Sean McDermott Buffalo Bills supporters when they have some 7-10 records for the Buffalo Bills if they are so loyal to McDermott and GM Brandon Beane. Buffalo Super Fan are you saying to fire them? Yes if the Buffalo Bills begin to lose no head coach has a job forever that is ridiculous. Sean McDermott is winning because of Josh Allen just like Tom Brady in New England. Sean McDermott is a average coach at best. Put Sean McDermott in New England Patriots or the New York Jets and see how well he does. I doubt he wins in those places in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

McDermott isn't winning only because of Allen. Not even close. Allen wasn't Allen his first year when they made the playoffs. They won more games than the roster 

McDermott is a terrific coach, and the idea that they will have to rebuild to replace the aging defensive backfield is utterly ridiculous. That will be a reload, not a rebuild.

Would he be winning this many games without Allen? Hell, no, but no teams are consistently excellent without a really good QB. That's just the way it goes. Look at the Ravens. The year before they won the SB with Dilfer they were 8-8. Two years later, 7-9. Allen is the crucial piece, but this is a great roster playing really well very consistently. McDermott is a very very good coach.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

I look at the last game last year, the first game this year, the $#!+ show in London and I wonder what the heck is going on? How can a team look so good one week and then this happens. Somebody will be held accountable sooner or later.

Edited by bmur66
  • Like (+1) 2

Many here do not want to admit it, but right now the Bills are not an elite team.  The Chiefs, Niners and Eagles simply do not have games like yesterday and on opening night.  The Bills are in the next group of teams (Dallas, Ravens, Miami, Seahawks), teams that can look really good (dominant even) some weeks, but cant sustain it against good teams.  These teams will make the playoffs and win a playoff game, but they are not beating one of the elite teams in the playoffs. 

Unfortunately, that’s where we’re at and it won’t change until there are changes at the top.  We’ve maxed out with the McDermott/Dorsey regime.  But because so many people inside and out of the organization are satisfied with the team’s current status, the necessary change is unlikely to happen.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

You know who might be on the hot seat. Bill. Back-to-back blowout losses including getting shut out 34-0. I wouldn't be surprised if Mac Jones isn't the starter next week. Second straight week he was benched. As for McDermott his seat is not hot, and neither is Beane's.

• Agree 1

Last week we were going to the Superbowl and some were worried we would lose Dorsey. Now everyone needs to be fired and traded. Good thing no overreaction here.

2 minutes ago, Gregg said:

You know who might be on the hot seat. Bill. Back-to-back blowout losses including getting shut out 34-0. I wouldn't be surprised if Mac Jones isn't the starter next week. Second straight week he was benched. As for McDermott his seat is not hot, and neither is Beane's.

Being exposed as a not so great coach without Brady

1 hour ago, mannc said:

Many here do not want to admit it, but right now the Bills are not an elite team.  The Chiefs, Niners and Eagles simply do not have games like yesterday and on opening night.  The Bills are in the next group of teams (Dallas, Ravens, Miami, Seahawks), teams that can look really good (dominant even) some weeks, but cant sustain it against good teams.  These teams will make the playoffs and win a playoff game, but they are not beating one of the elite teams in the playoffs. 

Unfortunately, that’s where we’re at and it won’t change until there are changes at the top.  We’ve maxed out with the McDermott/Dorsey regime.  But because so many people inside and out of the organization are satisfied with the team’s current status, the necessary change is unlikely to happen.

The chiefs struggled with the jaguars, and relied on a picked up flag to beat the vikings

take a walk with this noise.

also, watch some eagles games, will you?

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, nucci said:

Last week we were going to the Superbowl and some were worried we would lose Dorsey. Now everyone needs to be fired and traded. Good thing no overreaction here.

Being exposed as a not so great coach without Brady

To be fair the Pats don't have a good team. Jones is terrible. And they lost Judon. I think Bill would win a Super Bowl if he was coaching the Bills.

1 minute ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

The chiefs struggled with the jaguars, and relied on a picked up flag to beat the vikings

Still a lot of season left but SF looks like they are the best team in football. That team is loaded on both sides of the ball. Watching them kick the Cowboys ass last night was fun.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gregg said:

To be fair the Pats don't have a good team. Jones is terrible. And they lost Judon. I think Bill would win a Super Bowl if he was coaching the Bills.

Still a lot of season left but SF looks like they are the best team in football. That team is loaded on both sides of the ball. Watching them kick the Cowboys ass last night was fun.

Note, I didn't include the 9ers.

They're excellent, and look pretty unstoppable.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mannc said:

Changes at the top aren’t the solution for what happened against the Jets and Jaguars.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mannc said:

You should at least look at those teams opponents before claiming how amazing these teams are. The one playoff caliber team the Chiefs played they lost to. The Eagles barely beat a team the Bills beat by 30. 49ers looked good last night, but that’s their first quality opponent win. If yesterday’s game had been played in Orchard Park do you think the same result would’ve happened?

21 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

The Chiefs beat Jacksonville on the road.  Philly is 5-0.  WTH are you talking about?

11 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

You should at least look at those teams opponents before claiming how amazing these teams are. The one playoff caliber team the Chiefs played they lost to. The Eagles barely beat a team the Bills beat by 30. 49ers looked good last night, but that’s their first quality opponent win. If yesterday’s game had been played in Orchard Park do you think the same result would’ve happened?

The Chiefs beat the Jags, the team we just got embarrassed by, on the road.  The Eagles are 5-0 and went to the Super Bowl last year.  Two of the Bills’ three wins are against absolute tomato cans and they lost to Zack Wilson.  The Bills are a second tier team.

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Beast said:

Changes at the top aren’t the solution for what happened against the Jets and Jaguars.

It’s more than just those two games…it goes back to last year too.  What do you think is the solution?

5 minutes ago, mannc said:

The Chiefs beat Jacksonville on the road.  Philly is 5-0.  WTH are you talking about?

The Chiefs beat the Jags, the team we just got embarrassed by, on the road.  The Eagles are 5-0 and went to the Super Bowl last year.  Two of the Bills’ three wins are against absolute tomato cans and they lost to Zack Wilson.  The Bills are a second tier team.

Did you see that Chiefs/Jags game? They couldn't score, either.

Have you watched Philly's games? They're far from dominant.

Also, a five point loss isn't something to feel shame about ffs.

Just now, k2mountain said:

Oh yeah... and there's a better option sitting on his azz unemployed at home, just waiting to step in. Because as you all know, NFL caliber Head Coaches are a dime a dozen and at any given moment you have your choice of several good ones.

This place can be a clown show after a loss. To think that some people want to fire the guy who's dragged us out of two decades of miserable football and made our team actually relevant is astonishing. Who do they want? Kyle Shanahan? That ain't happening

8 minutes ago, mannc said:

Jacksonville isn't a bad team. Many have them winning their division. They had a big advantage being in London for 2 weeks while the Bills only arrived a couple of days before the game. Buffalo was never going 16-1. They will lose some more games. The Jets built their team that matches up well with Buffalo. Look at the last 3 games vs them as they were all one score games. The injuries are a concern, but the Bills should win enough games to get into the playoffs. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.