Roger Goodell said today's game was an experiment??

Bubba Gump

Are you ***** kidding me?? He said they wanted to see how having a team over there for a few weeks stood up to a team travelling from the US. Boomer Esiason just said he would be pissed if he were the Bills. Basically said Goodell's "experiment" was a joke. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 34
  • Agree 4

The experiment was to see about a permanent team being in London… That’s the only experimental thing they did; give a team multiple weeks there.

Can’t see what else… it’s not geographical experimenting… they’ve played in London every year since 2007 with multiple games in that City since 2013.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 2

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Great that Bills were the guinea pig. That guy has single handedly ruined the NFL. Between his over officiating and all this international BS. The game is getting harder to watch. He is not doing the league any favors. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, BBFL said:

The experiment was to see about a permanent team being in London… That’s the only experimental thing they did; give a team multiple weeks there.

Can’t see what else… it’s not geographical experimenting… they’ve played in London every year since 2007 with multiple games in that City since 2013.

No, if you were watching, the “experiment” was to see if two weeks in London damaged the Bills chances. I believe it did, and I am quickly learning that booing Rodger isn’t such a terrible thing. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

We’d be laughing so hard if KC fans were crying like this.  

Is jet lag a new concept? If they were THAT tired - as world class athletes - from a 7 hour flight, that’s embarrassing. But if that really is a concern, FLY OUT MONDAY. 

As far as the turf, yeah, every game should be played on the fairway of Augusta. But they’re not. And the Jags were on the same field.

We lost. To a supposed inferior team. I really don’t even care about the loss. This is all about Milano. And how Beane needs to be on the phones dealing whatever he needs to get a guy in here. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

Are you ***** kidding me?? He said they wanted to see how having a team over there for a few weeks stood up to a team travelling from the US. Boomer Esiason just said he would be pissed if he were the Bills. Basically said Goodell's "experiment" was a joke. 

Ewww. WTF Roger? 

I am not surprised though. This game felt like a big slap in the face once the schedule came out. A "home" game of a team flying out to play another team that was there for a couple weeks.

Only thing I would put on The Bills was not flying out sooner, but still, terrible on the NFL, and we are suffering the consequences of this game.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

There’s NOTHING that Goodell has done that is good for the NFL.  And I mean nothing. 

What did Terry pay for the Bills? Like $1.4 Billion? What are they worth now?  He works for the owners, not us. 

Between this and all of the many premium streaming services they think they can make me pay for, I’m starting to lose interest. I never thought I’d say that. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 6

4 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Is jet lag a new concept? If they were THAT tired - as world class athletes - from a 7 hour flight, that’s embarrassing. But if that really is a concern, FLY OUT MONDAY. 

As far as the turf, yeah, every game should be played on the fairway of Augusta. But they’re not. And the Jags were on the same field.

We lost. To a supposed inferior team. I really don’t even care about the loss. This is all about Milano. And how Beane needs to be on the phones dealing whatever he needs to get a guy in here. 

Everyone complained about west coast teams traveling east being at a disadvantage for years but somehow a team on their ‘home game’ jumping 5 time zones to meet the away team that was there the week before is out of the question?  

to me if you’re gonna do an experiment like this at least make it a bills away game 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

There’s NOTHING that Goodell has done that is good for the NFL.  And I mean nothing. 

Agree, but he’s done a great job increasing the wealth of owners, and that’s his job. His success comes much like Rome before it’s fall. Pro football is richer and more popular than ever before, but it doesn’t feel sustainable. The game has reached its peak, now we’re going to watch greed, and lack of self restraint tear it apart. He’s made ownership billions, but most of his choices will hurt the game in the long run. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

Goodell is a joke and a revenue W hore.

11 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Is Edmunds available? 

About that turf, I'm not sure when they switched it out, but it's possible the Jags had a few days to test it out. Just a thought. I still think this whole international thing is BS. 

Edited by Bubba Gump
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Augie said:

What did Terry pay for the Bills? Like $1.4 Billion? What are they worth now?  He works for the owners, not us. 

Between this and all of the many premium streaming services they think they can make me pay for, I’m starting to lose interest. I never thought I’d say that. 

I used to be a Buffalo Bills and NFL fan… now only a Bills fan.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 7

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Everyone complained about west coast teams traveling east being at a disadvantage for years but somehow a team on their ‘home game’ jumping 5 time zones to meet the away team that was there the week before is out of the question?  

I honestly can’t tell if you’re agreeing with me or not. 

Assuming no, you make traveling “5 time zones” sound like they swam there. It’s not like the game was in Australia. I’ve done that flight. That sucks. I’ve also flown to Europe many times. That sucks less. 

And again, if that was a problem: LEAVE MONDAY. 

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

to me if you’re gonna do an experiment like this at least make it a bills away game 

How about "experimenting" during the meaningless pre-season games?? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

Amazon AWS claims in commercials it can make schedules that took NFL months to make.

They never claimed good schedules.

Amazon should take as much blame as Roger Goodell.

It is not the travel which is the issue.  It is trying to make players perform when their bodies are normally asleep.  

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

Yes because the Jags are building a new stadium and the NFL wants to see if it is plausible for the Jags to play home games in London while staying there for either the entire first half or back half of their schedule.

Ie, how big of an advantage would it be for the Jags to play all 8-9 home games there in a row at once, then play all their road games?

As he saw after only one week of them being there, a pretty big advantage.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

I honestly can’t tell if you’re agreeing with me or not. 

Assuming no, you make traveling “5 time zones” sound like they swam there. It’s not like the game was in Australia. I’ve done that flight. That sucks. I’ve also flown to Europe many times. That sucks less. 

And again, if that was a problem: LEAVE MONDAY. 

I mean I did it recently and I would say it wasn’t that bad too but I wasn’t playing a high level competitive sport against the best athletes in the world 😂

it was noticeable for the first week id say.

You could leave Monday but then it affects your prep/recovery time so you are literally by definition at a strategic disadvantage no matter how you look at it 

the bigger issue for me is the away team didn’t have to travel at all though like how do you lose a home game and the away team is already there?

second big issue is they scheduled that way without knowing if it’s a strategic advantage or not? I could see if goodell was like well we concluded it wouldn’t be an issue.  But he said they were doing it to see what would happen?  

bills are still at fault for losing but the scheduling was crappy… it can be both things lol

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

So the Bills had a “home game” against a team that regularly plays in that market, and the team that actually has years of experience building a local fan base, gets a week to get acclimated to the time change and conditions. That doesn’t pass the smell test. 

I’m not just reacting to today’s game. That is pure BS that they want to “experiment” with giving any team, let alone an “away” team, any advantages. 

As much as I hate that, I hate even more buying any additional streaming services to line their pockets. I have never thought I could lose interest, but they are pushing the limits. I need some cooling off, but this has been building for a while. I don’t NEED the NFL at all. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

23 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

The flight isn't the issue, the change of time zone is. I've done that flight probably 50 times, and it's really hard on the body to adapt to the change, even if you do everything like you're supposed to. The Jags already being there was absolutely a competitive advantage.

Edited by CheshireCT
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.