Daniel Jones hurt

TwistofFate

Not going to assume Buffalo

wins though. I'm tired of them playing down to their opponents. Tired of watching yellow flags fly knowing its most likely against the Bills. Tired of the coaching staff not knowing how to use anyone consistently. How the heck you going to draw up such a great game plan last week and the roll out this crap this week. Defense played well considering the injuries and the offense must have felt they had it in the bag. Idk. Rant over. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Bills sucked today. I don't care about the giants. Hope he's ok tho

the bills sucked today because the upper ups decided to fly to London at the last minute - this was not on the players - rather it is on those who made suck a stupid decision - jet lag is a real thing - place the blame on the real culprits

Just now, pkcoff1957 said:

the bills sucked today because the upper ups decided to fly to London at the last minute - this was not on the players - rather it is on those who made suck a stupid decision - jet lag is a real thing - place the blame on the real culprits

sorry such not suck a decision

• Disagree 1

17 minutes ago, pkcoff1957 said:

sorry such not suck a decision

Unfortunately flying 2 weeks ahead of time wasn't an option.

They took the next best one according to science.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Unfortunately flying 2 weeks ahead of time wasn't an option.

They took the next best one according to science.

flying two weeks was not an option how about two days early -nobody has no excuse - it would a different game - let's play them in two weeks and see what happens (PLEASE know this is not an option - even with jet lag - the pundits still picked the Bills

Jones had a 'neck injury'

Jairus Byrd had a 'foot' injury

If I'm Daniel Jones, or his "camp," the idea of "suffering" a difficult-to-validate injury might just cross my mind.

Finally Tyrod having to actually earn some of that gravy.

(or maybe I'm just mad the Bills lost)

15 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

He's just not. 2018 Tyrod is long gone. He looked horrible in preseason. I was surprised he made the team. 

Looked better today than Jones. Look I live an hour away from MetLife. Deep in Giant territory…Jones is a disgrace. He’s one of the worst starting QBs I have ever seen. I’m not saying Tyrod is good but he’s better than Jones. Almost nobody is worse

If the Bills can’t beat this Giants club handily with Jones Or Tyrod, then they don’t deserve to even be a playoff team.  The Bills

coming off a lousy loss should kill the Giants.  Mcdermott usually has the guys ready after a loss like today.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Looked better today than Jones. Look I live an hour away from MetLife. Deep in Giant territory…Jones is a disgrace. He’s one of the worst starting QBs I have ever seen. I’m not saying Tyrod is good but he’s better than Jones. Almost nobody is worse

Jones scares me more w his legs. Tyrod not as fast these days. I watch all the games too. Jones is meh. But Tyrod is nothing to fear. 

1 hour ago, pkcoff1957 said:

flying two weeks was not an option how about two days early -nobody has no excuse - it would a different game - let's play them in two weeks and see what happens (PLEASE know this is not an option - even with jet lag - the pundits still picked the Bills

According to science and from many other teams that have tried this in all sports, it would not have been it would have been worse.

Edited by Big Turk

10 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

According to science and from many other teams that have tried this in all sports, it would not have been it would have been worse.

I know Ithat’s what the Bills have said this week… 

Im interested however to see what happens next time they go to Europe ..

you got any actual links to “ the science”? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I know Ithat’s what the Bills have said this week… 

Im interested however to see what happens next time they go to Europe ..

you got any actual links to “ the science”? 

FWIW, as somebody who’s done some stuff with international sport this is what was always told to me. 

To Turks point about 2 weeks is the preference. The Bills played a team with about two weeks in London. So it’s not so much a “the Bills got it wrong” as much as it is “The Jags were able to stay in London”.

Land, hit the ground running, don’t nap, and immediately assimilate to the time change is standard practice for the world championships and the Olympics.

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

FWIW, as somebody who’s done some stuff with international sport this is what was always told to me. 

To Turks point about 2 weeks is the preference. The Bills played a team with about two weeks in London. So it’s not so much a “the Bills got it wrong” as much as it is “The Jags were able to stay in London”.

Land, hit the ground running, don’t nap, and immediately assimilate to the time change is standard practice for the world championships and the Olympics.

Ok … 

Interesting that the Bills under Ryan went over on the Monday back in 2015 …so I assume they had different advice back then 

I have no opinion either way as I have no expertise in this area  .. I would be keen to read some papers on the subject

but like I said… what they do the next time will tell me the story of what has been learnt from this experience 

8 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Ok … 

Interesting that the Bills under Ryan went over on the Monday back in 2015 …so I assume they had different advice back then 

I have no opinion either way as I have no expertise in this area  .. I would be keen to read some papers on the subject

but like I said… what they do the next time will tell me the story of what has been learnt from this experience 

Hopefully what they learned is to play your home games in your own damn stadium.

3 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Hopefully what they learned is to play your home games in your own damn stadium.

They will be increasing Europe games .. so they  will be making this trip every 3 years ..

Complaints care of Roger at nfl

Edited by Aussie Joe

The airlines have us convinced that we're supposed to fly at night to get to England or the Continent.  It's stupid.

The time difference is significant, but not that great.  It's five hours difference between Buffalo and London, or four hours difference when the US goes to standard time in the fall instead of daylight savings time.  In contrast, people accept a three hour difference from the west coast to the east coast all the time.  Yes, it's an impact, but not too great. 

The problem is that everyone choose to fly red-eye to the UK, instead of doing it during the day.  Have you ever flown red-eye from the west coast to the east coast?  I did it several times back when I was working.  You try to sleep on the plane but it's never enough, and you're in a daze the next day, trying to make it through to bedtime.  I took those red-eyes only when I had no other option.  Otherwise I'd just leave the west coast in the morning, fly through the day, and get to the east coast that afternoon.  I would feel fine, with just a little problem getting to sleep that night on the east coast schedule.  The next day, I was up and ready to go.  

Was it sports scientists (who exactly are THEY?) or the accountants who decided the Bills would fly at night?  IMO they should have flown out on Thursday morning, arrived Thursday afternoon, and been completely fine by Sunday.  If necessary they could have flown on Friday morning.  

2 hours ago, Fetou said:

Suddenly timid Tyrod will be throwing lasers 25+ yards down the field consistently to wide open receivers for the first time in his career.

Not everyone, just the guys Elam is covering.  Scratch that.  The guys Elam is watching.

• Like (+1) 1

Saquon running on the Bills defense is the only thing I am worried about as far as their offense vs our defense goes. Even then the Bills should still win by two scores. The Giants are in the running for the worst team in the league.

10 hours ago, zow2 said:

I think Saquan come back this week against Buffalo.  Of course Miami didn’t have to face him.  So with Saquan the Giants are better no matter who is at QB.  But the Bills still

should be able to outscore them handily.

he had 114 yards for the season before he went out.  Bring him on...

11 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Tyrod is better than Jones. I’d rather him be healthy 

Idk about all that. Jones is much better.. 

They've been missing their 2 best Offensive players in Barkley and Thomas. Barkley should return next week,  not sure on All Pro LT Thomas, which would make any QB look bad. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.