Bills vs Jags Postgame thread

SCBills

1 minute ago, BuffBillsForLife said:

Personally, I would be more concerned by the fact that Bills frequently have games where they play poorly.

Frequently ? Perhaps your definition is different than mine. They don’t lose many games per year so I’m not sure if it’s all that frequent. 

Just now, Billsfan1972 said:

Why is everyone so excited about the defence?  Jags controlled the ball, top, and too many open receivers.

Not sure if you missed the number of injuries there were in defense? White, Milano, Jones, Miller only just coming back, Floyd limping at the half, Johnson off for a spell - goodness knows if he was completely fit on his return. And then it's a case of the offense not being able to dominate TOP meaning they kept returning to the field.

1 minute ago, BBFL said:

There can be conversations had with other teams/regimes on the best acclimate procedures. These guys do talk you know…

Im sure the NFL themselves have suggestions…

I am sure there are suggestions but in the end you don’t know what works best for your team and your players until you have that experience a few times 

5 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

No. Offensively the Bills were as much, if not more of, a mess under Daboll as they are sometimes under Dorsey. And he's hardly lighting it up with the Giants, after inexplicably going all in on Jones. Is that the kind of judgement call they need at Orchard Park?

When was the offense a mess with daboll?

2020 was nifty. 2021 was our year and the window closed after 2021. 

We have a new window. 

So we have a bunch of injuries from this game that are serious and I am sure we will have 3 or 4 players that finished the game that will not play next week as usual.

Must lead the NFL in that over the last few years. It's ridiculous

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, steven50 said:

That game was totally on McDermot, Bean, or whoever thought flying to London on Friday for a Sunday morning game was a good idea. That person should have his/her head examined. They left Buffalo  Friday afternoon and landed in London at 7 AM local time for a game that was 24 hours later.

When I was in the car Friday and I heard the radio guy say the bills just left for London I was in shock.

Dumb

Dumb

Dumb

You mean what Jacksonville the team that plays in London the most often does?

When D started going down O had to take control and they didn’t. A big part was the run game not going forward. Dorsey gotta give up on that shotgun draw play, it has been a killer for us more then it’s helped us. Harris should be the early down rb, and we should be giving him the ball with Josh under Center. 

8 minutes ago, sven233 said:

Both the Milano injury and the Jones injury are bad according to McDermott.  Lovely.

I didn't even see the Daq injury.

Losing Daq is huge.

He was playing at an elite level with Oliver.

They compliment each other.

Edited by Billz4ever

Just now, boyst said:

When was the offense a mess with daboll?

2020 was nifty. 2021 was our year and the window closed after 2021. 

We have a new window. 

The season they went 11-6 and lost 9-6 to the Jags. Statistically they were MUCH worse than Dorsey's offense last year.

2 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Why is everyone so excited about the defence?  Jags controlled the ball, top, and too many open receivers.

Excited ? They hold them off the scoreboard down a bunch of their best players . Definitely not great in the stat dept. today, but they gave the offense a chance to carry the day. Much bigger offensive failure today given the circumstances. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Even so, diggs was the inly

consistent playmaker today and that’s a fact. It’s not the first time either

Gabe missed one critical catch that cost the team a FG chance but he also came up with some plays. I liked what I saw from him. The issue in my mind is establishing a power running game from under center to be less reliant on Josh throwing the ball.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

One seed? They might struggle to make the playoffs as injuries mount. 

The Kincaid hype was just that hype. He's not a weapon on the team. Probably more on coaching than him. 

I see you’ve found your pocket in several threads 🤣🤣🤣

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, CodeMonkey said:

They could have gone over any time they wanted.  These players are only used to cali jet lag which is nothing.  I travel a lot to europe and for example if you make the mistake of sleeping on the plane it will take 2-3 days before you are right.  Assuming that played into it, which is real likely it did at least some, that's on the Bills.

Teams have tried pretty much everything from going over super early to going how the Bills did. If it worked better going over early, teams would still be doing that since that's what they initially tried. 

It was found to have the LEAST effect on performance going over late which is the standard protocol now, but it's still significant.

Edited by Big Turk

3 minutes ago, boyst said:

The balls goes into the end zone and out the back... it looked like it would have. We will never know. 

Oh so you've calculated the balls likely bounce trajectory? I mean I decided to go with how the Punter has been kicking all day, but you go with your gut eyeball feeling, that I'm sure in no way is influenced by wanting to hate the decision.

1 minute ago, billsfan89 said:

Gabe missed one critical catch that cost the team a FG chance but he also came up with some plays. I liked what I saw from him. The issue in my mind is establishing a power running game from under center to be less reliant on Josh throwing the ball.

It’s weird how he dropped that one but had the insane catch late in the game to set up the TD

4 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

One seed? They might struggle to make the playoffs as injuries mount. 

The Kincaid hype was just that hype. He's not a weapon on the team. Probably more on coaching than him. 

Pretty sure that’s what I just said. The injuries may cost them their shot. 

• Eyeroll 1

10 minutes ago, Beast said:

Brian Daboll was the o-coordinator 2 years ago when we lost to the Jaguars 9-6.

Your post is just awful.

Again, the Daboll element is not the point, the fact that the McDermott-Dorsey regime is not constructed to maximize offense is.  Daboll was OC when Josh Allen was 13 seconds from a home AFC-title game ... how did the Bills offense do against the Bengals last year, at home, in the same round of the playoffs?  It's unnecessary to post such crude remarks about other Bills fans.  You like the offense with this coaching crew, more power to ya.

• Eyeroll 1

17 minutes ago, Beast said:

I may get beat up for this but that drop late in the 3rd quarter by Davis was an absolute killer. I just felt if Buffalo punched it in on that drive and took the lead the flood gates may have opened.

If I don’t hear the phrase “Big play Gabe” ever again I will be OK with that.

Nope, I said the same thing...that took points off the board. Bills would have been in FG range with that one and it would have been either a first down or 3rd and inches.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 2

39 minutes ago, Success said:

If we get ANY kind of good news on Milano (and Jones), I won't care much about this one.  

If this game is in Buffalo, we win by a mile.  London is such a disadvantage - especially when the Jags had been there for over a week.

I agree. Waiting on word? This BS international c rap is worthless.  Nobody even shows up to Jacksonville home games so let em rot in England. Huge disadvantage today for the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

The season they went 11-6 and lost 9-6 to the Jags. Statistically they were MUCH worse than Dorsey's offense last year.

I know the record reflects different and stats are against me but it's just the way I see things. I wish I had the intelligence to put words to it, but I am devout in this belief if that means anything 

Despite all the injuries and penalties, the defense played well enough. The loss is mostly on the offense. It's a game where they had to hold the ball to help the defense out, and score on most of their drives to keep up.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

It wasn't about injuries. The defense did well all things considered. All the offense needed to do was build TOP and keep them off the field. Talk abouyt complete and utter failure.

Agree but the time of possession was really lopsided. It's not like the Jags offense was a juggernaut. 

Big turnovers really helped the D. Otherwise, they were really getting steam rolled. I'm not sure you can expect or rely on turnovers like that. 

No doubt the offense sucked today. Everything was a struggle including Allen passing. He missed 2 TDs to Diggs who was wide open. 

2 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

This was not the type of game where we could overcome a bad drop like that. I like gabe but Gabe is so hot and cold it’s unreal. That was an easy completion for a first down and he killed the drive. 

• Like (+1) 1

The refs ruined this game. I can’t even tell if they helped either of the teams, there were so many flags thrown I lost count. Games with this many flags become too long and it’s also really hard to care about any play since you know the outcome of half of them will be decided by flags anyway. 

At least Epenesa played well. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.