Roger Goodell says NFL may add new international host for a game in 2024

T&C

“Goodell answered the "London franchise" question even before it was asked Saturday at the annual fans' Q&A. Potential scheduling problems during the playoffs would be "a tough dynamic," he said.

Goodell has previously said London has the capacity for two franchises and has even floated the idea of having a full European division of teams.”

Hunh? 

• Dislike 3

54 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

I would recommend No more third world countries. 

Yes Northern Cuba is enough.

6 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

We get a good Tank Bowl style game in Amsterdam where neither of the teams really care and we could get some peak comedy.

Why not just hold pro bowl there?

41 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

NFL has to wish there was more stability in South America, that'd be an ideal place to be able to expand the league not needing worry about time zones.

plus many of the southern markets are VERY close to Central American cities. 

1 hour ago, Araiza Curse said:

Kazakstan

Don't we have a twitter regular from there? 🤣

They put out some good stuff too.

amazing Buffalo, please play Kazakhstan and not uncivilized London. This year we have electricity, plenty of drinking water and an abundance of cabbage. #billsmafia #NFL

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I read the article, and would guess it won’t be long before there are games not only England, but Ireland, and two games in Germany.  Spain would be next.

I agree, Spain would be next imo... Brazil is just a bit unstable for me to see a game there. Mexico is a push too...

Can’t stand Goodell. That guy has been a cancer to the NFL since he got hired. Destroying the Spygate tapes, unbalanced punishment to players especially regarding domestic violence (suspending Josh Gordon for a full season for marijuana, but Ray Rice only gets a 2 game suspension for beating the s*** out of his wife.) Trying to push for more & more games on the schedule therefore diluting the product, and the lists goes on and on and on……

• Vomit 1

1 hour ago, T&C said:

Seems kind of tricky with the way things in the world are going right now but Spain I could see.

https://baynews9.com/fl/tampa/sports/2023/10/07/roger-goodell--nfl-may-add-new-international-host-for-game-in-2024

Just stop already Goodell. Some of the players prolly aren't even allowed to leave the country. When I was on probation for a non-violent incident, I couldn't leave the county for 3 years. 

8 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Can’t stand Goodell. That guy has been a cancer to the NFL since he got hired. Destroying the Spygate tapes, unbalanced punishment to players especially regarding domestic violence (suspending Josh Gordon for a full season for marijuana, but Ray Rice only gets a 2 game suspension for beating the s*** out of his wife.) Trying to push for more & more games on the schedule therefore diluting the product, and the lists goes on and on and on……

Goodell's goal has nothing to do with being liked, it's the bottom line for the NFL and nothing else, he's much easier to understand from that lense.

• Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I'd like all of the extra games played out of NFL Teams markets.

Each team gets 8 home games, 8 away games and 1 "neutral site" game

This would certainly increase fans to NFL.

Last neutral site game week 18 would be held in US or Canada location to make travel easier.

Really cool concept, I think that would be pretty cool and equitable for teams.

I guess my question is what 15 places would you go that you don't already play?

Then when you do, how would you know people actually show up?

2 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

“Goodell answered the "London franchise" question even before it was asked Saturday at the annual fans' Q&A. Potential scheduling problems during the playoffs would be "a tough dynamic," he said.

Goodell has previously said London has the capacity for two franchises and has even floated the idea of having a full European division of teams.”

Hunh? 

So, if you are keeping score at home, this is approximately two teams more than Jacksonville.  

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Warcodered said:

NFL has to wish there was more stability in South America, that'd be an ideal place to be able to expand the league, not needing worry about time zones.

i think more than 90% of south america is East of buffalo.

It just seems like they are right under us.   nope.

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

I'd like all of the extra games played out of NFL Teams markets.

Each team gets 8 home games, 8 away games and 1 "neutral site" game

This would certainly increase fans to NFL.

Last neutral site game week 18 would be held in US or Canada location to make travel easier.

usually / always the week 18 game is a division game.   So teams should be allowed to keep the home advantage, since the other game would have been played away.

We play Miami in Miami week 5, but Miami at Buffalo week 18 is in . . . (would have to be toronto.  which is still international-ish).

I think the last 2 games are usually division games.   So it would be hard for fans to get behind your idea.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.