Tyreek Hill says Bills Mafia caused issues in the Dolphins offense

Einstein

3 hours ago, Einstein said:

Transcript for those who can't watch:

"We went into a very hostile environment... I will say this, those fans really brought their A game. It was so loud, I could barely hear Tua the first play of the game. That caused a lot of miscommunication of the offensive side of the ball. Their fans made it so hard for us to hear the play call. You know how I like do motion, and I almost can time it. I can hear the center, or I can hear Tua. I couldn't even tell like when the ball was snapped at times. That's how loud their fans was."

"“I just feel like it’s not any different from any away game,” said Hill, whose 412 receiving yards lead all AFC players this season. “They got a great team. I feel like the fan base is just like any other fan base. So it’s gonna be just like a normal environment, you know, to us.”  -Tyreek Hill, before the game

giphy.gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Einstein said:

"We went into a very hostile environment... I will say this, those fans really brought their A game. It was so loud, I could barely hear Tua the first play of the game. That caused a lot of miscommunication of the offensive side of the ball. Their fans made it so hard for us to hear the play call. You know how I like do motion, and I almost can time it. I can hear the center, or I can hear Tua. I couldn't even tell like when the ball was snapped at times. That's how loud their fans was."

I actually respect him for saying this, because he is the one who said all fan bases are the basically the same, trying to downplay our home field advantage.  

Thank you Tyreek, for acknowledging what we already knew.  I commend you for giving the fan base it’s due respect.  

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Patrick Duffy said:

I'd assume that is nothing unusual and is much of the same for all teams. All these stadiums with thousands and thousands of fans drinking etc, and halftime is when many go to piss etc. Many don't get out the crowd in time. 

Yes, agreed it is the pedestrian average fan thing to do.  

That's my point.   

If you want to be there to make noise for the defense but you have a weak bladder or something.......you go to concession/restroom when they are on offense and not at halftime like a tourist.    

Trust me that we've barely scratched the surface on the amount of disruption that crowd noise could make.     I doubt more than 20% of fans are even making any noise at all on defense and it's still pretty loud.

For those of us that attended the 2020 social distance divisional round game against Baltimore...........that was where it became clear just how much room we have for improvement.    That sparse crowd was loud as hell because it was a really rabid, committed group of fans that were almost all making noise.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, arcane said:

I've said this a few times but the Dolphins crowd was significantly better, louder and more intelligent about their noisemaking than the home opener crowd on MNF last year

This had to be the best crowd of this era.  Felt like an old school Rich Stadium crowd.  Don't get me wrong the atmosphere for the Patriots playoff game was electric but I don't think it got as loud but somewhat understandable considering how bundled up everybody was on that chilly Sunday night.  I hope this Dolphins game becomes a turning point for the Real 12th Man crowds to make a comeback.  We finally have a real Defense to back it up

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

This had to be the best crowd of this era.  Felt like an old school Rich Stadium crowd.  Don't get me wrong the atmosphere for the Patriots playoff game was electric but I don't think it got as loud but somewhat understandable considering how bundled up everybody was on that chilly Sunday night.  I hope this Dolphins game becomes a turning point for the Real 12th Man crowds to make a comeback.  We finally have a real Defense to back it up

i gotta think it skews heavier for Fish games.  Since all of us old enough to remember that THIS is our true rivalry (not the pats) are still alive.

Edited by maddenboy
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Einstein said:

We don't like him now do we?

• Haha (+1) 1

Wasn't he talking ***** last week about how the fans here wouldn't affect them at all, it was just another away game? 

Funny how things change. 

5 hours ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Just wait until the first time KC comes here with something on the line...JFC watch out.

So sick of having to play them in arrowhead every year....such bs at this point. 

• Like (+1) 1

I don't know Josh said he thought it could be louder. 😏

6 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

Wasn't he talking ***** last week about how the fans here wouldn't affect them at all, it was just another away game? 

Funny how things change. 

So sick of having to play them in arrowhead every year....such bs at this point. 

Well hopefully that's in the playoffs if we play them there.

13 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

We have to hope Miami doesn't do the same to us in December!

On the other hand how much noise can ten people make?

Well since many will be Bills fans and they do not seem to know to be quiet when Bills offense on field, a lot of noise will be generated.

5 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Well since many will be Bills fans and they do not seem to know to be quiet when Bills offense on field, a lot of noise will be generated.

Noticed that a lot Sunday. I was surprised at how many fans were being intentionally loud during the wrong moments

19 hours ago, wjag said:

The metal seats help.  You can make some hellacious noise banging and stomping on those seats.

Agreed. Looking forward to seeing what the new stadium brings. Seating looks steeper, and I think the large awnings above will trap in the nose, Seattle style.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.