Steelers OC May Have Burner Account.

Donuts and Doritos

18 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

According to this, Steelers OC Matt Canada might have set up a burner account to defend himself against criticism, using his Steelers e-mail (oops). 

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/did-matt-canada-really-start-a-burner-account/

Wonder what name McD & Dorsey are using right now? 

Joke's on you, it's "Matt Canada" that is his burner name. Nobody knows his real account.

Ron Mexico is used up, so keep an eye out for him to resurface on another burner as Steve Uruguay or something.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I dont love some random person using "forgot password" on an account that isn't theirs and passing it off as investigative journalism.  Now we will see a thousand people doing this to every handle they disagree with.

However, if it's true, Canada is an absolute idiot

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

According to this, Steelers OC Matt Canada might have set up a burner account to defend himself against criticism, using his Steelers e-mail (oops). 

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/did-matt-canada-really-start-a-burner-account/

Definitely not Einstein.  Or Mr. WEO.

• Haha (+1) 1

One analyst, however, brought up one dilemma involving the questionable email attached to @DannyFootball77 — the Steelers use steelers.nfl.com to end their email address, not steelers.com.

No matter how bad of an OC he is, I can't believe he'd be dumb enough to create a burner account on Twitter and not create a burner email address. Interpreting Ma**************@s*********.*** is like drawing three cards to fill an inside straight.

45 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Taking pages out of Durant’s playbook huh? Didn’t work out so well for him

22 minutes ago, Cray51 said:

I dont love some random person using "forgot password" on an account that isn't theirs and passing it off as investigative journalism.  Now we will see a thousand people doing this to every handle they disagree with.

Yea that's like 1 step away from fraud and trying to get into accounts 

27 minutes ago, Cray51 said:

I would think that the NFL, at the very least, uses two factor authentication.

And if they don't then I would guess there are going to be more accounts spoofed/hacked.

But yes, Canada is an idiot so it was more than likely him.

Edited by The Wiz

8 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yea that's like 1 step away from fraud and trying to get into accounts 

It's one of those "it's legal but not totally ethical".  You dont casually click on log in, put another person's account name, and forget password just for the hell of it.  What's next, you go to the email and click forget password on that domain so you can try to get the last digits of a phone number?  Then plug that into a local search to try to find the match?

Just annoying that this will be praised when it has some crappy undertones.

• Agree 2

*Breaking News* Canada’s burner account messages are starting to be uncovered here is 1 now. 

“Hey you guys like lay-off Canada he’s pretty good and stuff, it could be worse we could be the Jets, also I I’m not Matt Canada” 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

I thought it was Don?  I'm glad I don't remember actually.  Don't correct me. 😆

I'm actually from Dunkirk. Dunkirk Dave is their famous groundhog. Bob Will, a special education teacher in middle school there raised him:

https://www.dunkirkdave.com/

Here he is eating a pumpkin pie on Groundhog Day this year:

https://www.facebook.com/groundhogdunkirkdave/posts/559630579515195

Edited by chongli

3 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

If this is true, I need more of it.

I love when coaches speak the truth. That’s why listening to a McD presser is about the last thing I’d ever want to do. Not that it is necessarily untrue, but it isn’t whole truths.

Its boring. Give me more chaos

These are professionals who have been trained their whole lives to lead grown men at the forefront

Any coach worth their salt isn't going to air it all out.. you're going to be getting mostly coach speak

You have to ask them the correct way to get the response you want

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

These are professionals who have been trained their whole lives to lead grown men at the forefront

Any coach worth their salt isn't going to air it all out.. you're going to be getting mostly coach speak

You have to ask them the correct way to get the response you want

Yup, boring. Not blaming them. They know what they’re doing. 

I think that’s why I have a soft spot for some coaches in the way they handle themselves differently (Tomlin, McDaniels). They just add a layer of fun to it. 

3 hours ago, Cray51 said:

It's one of those "it's legal but not totally ethical".  You dont casually click on log in, put another person's account name, and forget password just for the hell of it.  What's next, you go to the email and click forget password on that domain so you can try to get the last digits of a phone number?  Then plug that into a local search to try to find the match?

Just annoying that this will be praised when it has some crappy undertones.

or is it like looking up the return address on the letter to the editor?

he publicly used information that would be identifiable in easy and obvious methods. This wasn’t any super sleuthing 

9 hours ago, NoSaint said:

or is it like looking up the return address on the letter to the editor?

he publicly used information that would be identifiable in easy and obvious methods. This wasn’t any super sleuthing 

On X, when you want to understand an accounts details, you have to legitimately type in the account name and hit forget password to initiate a reset request to your email.  Its attempting to act like the account owner to uncover their email.  That's legal, but IMO unethical.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.