Is Belichick Tanking Already?

1. It is tough to win in today's NFL without a top tier quarterback.

2. Mac Jones isn't it..and not much projected in free agency at the end of the year

3. Except for one season, Belichick has had a hard time winning without a quarterback named Brady.

4. Patriots weren't going anywhere this season anyway.

Anybody think Belichick got the head nod from Kraft that it would be okay to suck it up this year for a chance at Caleb Williams and a long term answer in N.E.?...dont forget this is the guy who videotapes other teams practices etc., and would do just about anything to win.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

I don't buy it. They were competitive against the Eagles and Dolphins and beat the Jets with Mac. One blow out doesn't make me think they're tanking.

Are you saying people are overreacting because of 1 game??? That’s blasphemous, that never happens here!!!

• Haha (+1) 3

If he isn’t, he sure as hell should start. New England is moving further & further behind the AFCE talent wise. Getting a good QB could instantly get them back into contention. Unfortunately, 8-10 (still feels weird typing these records out) isn’t going to get u a premier draft spot. Bellichick needs to quit the BS and bench Mac Jones already (Zach Wilson should also be benched too for this same reason.) They are better off seeing what Bailey Zappe can do or maybe even a high ceiling practice squad QB because at least there’s an extremely small chance of them actually becoming good. Everybody and their grandma knows Mac Jones will never be anything more than he is which is hot garbarge. Zach Wilson is in his own class of sucking. 

52 minutes ago, Rich Stadium Original said:

2. Mac Jones isn't it..and not much projected in free agency at the end of the year

3. Except for one season, Belichick has had a hard time winning without a quarterback named Brady.

Anybody think Belichick got the head nod from Kraft that it would be okay to suck it up this year for a chance at Caleb Williams and a long term answer in N.E.?...dont forget this is the guy who videotapes other teams practices etc., and would do just about anything to win.

If BB were 20 years younger , I could se it.  But even if true, not likely he'd be around long enough to enjoy the good years Williams may provide.  Could see Kraft wanting that, but if Kraft told BB that, think he's try to win even harder.  As others have said can't see BB accepting that as to him  passing Shula in wins is more important.  Plus think overall Pats have too much talent to lose enough to get the #1 overall.

28 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

If he got Caleb Williams he'll suddenly become an elite coach again lol

There's been many other just as talented college QB's who were total flops in the NFL so I wouldn't count on anything yet for Williams.

44 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

If BB were 20 years younger , I could se it.  But even if true, not likely he'd be around long enough to enjoy the good years Williams may provide.  Could see Kraft wanting that, but if Kraft told BB that, think he's try to win even harder.  As others have said can't see BB accepting that as to him  passing Shula in wins is more important.  Plus think overall Pats have too much talent to lose enough to get the #1 overall.

Kraft is even older than BB so does it matter lol

• 2 months later...
1 minute ago, Rich Stadium Original said:

Started this topic back on Oct 1st...any change of opinions since then? Epically bad on offense (shut out twice this season)

At this point, the #2 overall pick. Will have to see if they actually give Cunningham a shot at QB.

How dare you?!

New England has the 'heir apparent' to Tom Brady! 🤨

📯🌟MJ🏈10🌟📯  ®️©️™️

Isn't he like 20 - 25 wins short of catching Shula's record for most wins by a HC. I doubt he is tanking. He probably won't be the Pats coach next year anyway. He has no QB and no playmakers on offense. His defense is solid. Holding the Chargers to six points is impressive. Losing 6-0 is a throwback to 1960's or 1970's type of football.

12 minutes ago, Rich Stadium Original said:

Started this topic back on Oct 1st...any change of opinions since then? Epically bad on offense (shut out twice this season)

At this point, the #2 overall pick. Will have to see if they actually give Cunningham a shot at QB.

Wish they would have kept tanking when they played us

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rich Stadium Original said:

Well considering BB is probably traded or fired at the end of the year..  definitely was not trying to lose.  The wheels fell off when the D got major injuries and well the O just stinks. 

My Pats will hopefully get a top 2 pick not because they tried to tank, but because they truly are that bad. (I also think if they were tanking Uche and other pending FA been traded for picks)

53 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Wish they would have kept tanking when they played us

Bills lost that one on purpose keep the Pats from getting the #1 pick!! Lmao (I kid! I Kid!!)

Edited by PatsFanNH
  • Haha (+1) 4

On 10/1/2023 at 8:53 PM, 4merper4mer said:

Panthers may pull the old Rosen/Kyler maneuver.

They can't: Chicago has their 1st round pick.  

PS: I'm rooting for NE to win every week except when we play them.  I don't want another top QB in the AFC East.  

Edited by Albany,n.y.

On 10/1/2023 at 8:21 PM, Rich Stadium Original said:

It could also be that they just suck that badly.  

They outplayed the Chargers statistically and the Chargers are a better team.  The Chargers aren't tanking.  LOL  

Either way, the Draft should be interesting with Belichick likely having a top-3 pick, possibly 1st overall.  

3 hours ago, Gregg said:

Isn't he like 20 - 25 wins short of catching Shula's record for most wins by a HC. I doubt he is tanking. He probably won't be the Pats coach next year anyway. He has no QB and no playmakers on offense. His defense is solid. Holding the Chargers to six points is impressive. Losing 6-0 is a throwback to 1960's or 1970's type of football.

Offense doesn't exist in this dojo.

39 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

It could also be that they just suck that badly.  

They outplayed the Chargers statistically and the Chargers are a better team.  The Chargers aren't tanking.  LOL  

Either way, the Draft should be interesting with Belichick likely having a top-3 pick, possibly 1st overall.  

BB is more than likely OUT as Pats HC. 

7 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

BB is more than likely OUT as Pats HC. 

A lot of people saying that, but I'm having a difficult time envisioning that.  

What's the general fan sentiment in the New England market?  

If that's in peak "get rid of him" form I can see that.  

5 hours ago, Gregg said:

Chargers have talent but cannot seem to go anywhere.  I could see them trading for Beli-CHEAT but only as head coach.

Edited by Limeaid
Duplicate post
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PBF81 said:

It’s in “grab the pitchforks and torch’s” form right now. Even his strongest supporters are saying it’s time for him to go.   Kraft has to do something and wel he can’t fire everyone on the Offense, he can get rid of the man responsible for it. 

1 hour ago, PBF81 said:

Seems hard to imagine they let bill go on the precipice of a #1 overall pick. At the same time, it's sort of the best-time to 'reset' so the new coach can build with a new QB. 

I just feel like Bill hasnt' been given a fair shake since Brady left because they literally have mac jones at the helm.

Edited by BillsFan692

10 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

It’s in “grab the pitchforks and torch’s” form right now. Even his strongest supporters are saying it’s time for him to go.   Kraft has to do something and wel he can’t fire everyone on the Offense, he can get rid of the man responsible for it. 

LOL 

Wow, that's saying something.  

Yeah, I'd agree with you then.  

Do you see some other team picking him up?  

I'm only asking because I'm not sure that I see a whole lot of interest in a 72-year old coach that wants GM responsibilities as well, and who's only track record of success apart from Brady is abject failuire.  

8 minutes ago, BillsFan692 said:

Seems hard to imagine they let bill go on the precipice of a #1 overall pick. At the same time, it's sort of the best-time to 'reset' so the new coach can build with a new QB. 

I just feel like Bill hasnt' been given a fair shake since Brady left because they literally have mac jones at the helm.

IDK, that sounds like the perfect time to let him go.  

You couldn't have missed his track record with their drafts.  Now the Pats will have a top pick in every round.  

Not sure I'd want to entrust Belichick with that.  

They just suck. Mac Jones was as average at best as they come. And Belichick is awful at evaluating offensive players. Throw in a few injuries, and they are one of the worst teams in the nfl.

sad part is a new offensive coach is going to inherit a much better qb prospect than Jones. Pats going to end up benefitting from this but they were trying to win. They are just a very untalented team. 

30 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

LOL 

Wow, that's saying something.  

Yeah, I'd agree with you then.  

Do you see some other team picking him up?  

I'm only asking because I'm not sure that I see a whole lot of interest in a 72-year old coach that wants GM responsibilities as well, and who's only track record of success apart from Brady is abject failuire.  

IDK, that sounds like the perfect time to let him go.  

You couldn't have missed his track record with their drafts.  Now the Pats will have a top pick in every round.  

Not sure I'd want to entrust Belichick with that.  

Supposedly Washington, and Chargers are interested in him. IMO he would win a championship with the Chargers team as what they are missing is discipline and I think they would listen to him. 

All I know is it’s time for a change here, the O isn’t just bad it’s like watching my son’s JV team who ran like 6 different plays and that’s it.. wait I take that back that’s about 3 more than what the Pats use now.. (where is that face palm emoji lol)

I just hear the Pats O is so bad it be the worst O in the NFL in points scored since 2013.. ugh

Only positive from this dumpster fire is we got our answer on Mac “I see ghosts” Jones. 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Supposedly Washington, and Chargers are interested in him. IMO he would win a championship with the Chargers team as what they are missing is discipline and I think they would listen to him. 

All I know is it’s time for a change here, the O isn’t just bad it’s like watching my son’s JV team who ran like 6 different plays and that’s it.. wait I take that back that’s about 3 more than what the Pats use now.. (where is that face palm emoji lol)

I just hear the Pats O is so bad it be the worst O in the NFL in points scored since 2013.. ugh

Only positive from this dumpster fire is we got our answer on Mac “I see ghosts” Jones. 

LOL 

I wish that I could say that I feel sorry for ya.  

I wish.  ;) 

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/1/2023 at 8:21 PM, Rich Stadium Original said:

My guess is yes.  I believe it is his parting gift to Kraft, and in return, the new contract he signed will pay him handsomely when he is gone.  The fair weather Patriot fans would destroy a new coach if he was bad enough to get a top 5 draft pick, but for the most part, they have to be patient with Belicheck, because of his past success.  They will get a high draft pick (QB) and new coach for a fresh start next season, and Bill rides off into the sunset, to spend his new found money.  

Now I just hope they miss on the QB, and suck for the next decade or so...

• Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

LOL 

I wish that I could say that I feel sorry for ya.  

I wish.  ;) 

No need feel sorry for me. I have 20 years of awesome memories!  I mean it’s almost comical now… I have Friday off work so a friend and I are going to take a shot of Jamison every time the Pats punt.. so we should be drunk before half! 

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, BillsFan692 said:

Beli-CHEAT got recommendation for QB from his friend in Alabama and he is GM so he cannot complain about players he drafted.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.