Is Belichick Tanking Already?

21 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

No need feel sorry for me. I have 20 years of awesome memories!  I mean it’s almost comical now… I have Friday off work so a friend and I are going to take a shot of Jamison every time the Pats punt.. so we should be drunk before half! 

That's the way to approach it.  

LOL  

It’s absolutely the case. Why would BB try to win 4 games this year when it’s so easy to win 2? It looks like Chicago is going to make a killing at the top of this draft, but the Patriots have a chance to alter the current path of their franchise for the next 15 years. Belichick knows how to win with a great quarterback (unlike our coach), and just about the time CW inks his big deal, Bill will have about years remaining in his coaching life to get another trophy. Right when CW’s income begins to suck the organization dry, Bill will be in Florida living his life without football. 

16 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

It’s absolutely the case. Why would BB try to win 4 games this year when it’s so easy to win 2? It looks like Chicago is going to make a killing at the top of this draft, but the Patriots have a chance to alter the current path of their franchise for the next 15 years. Belichick knows how to win with a great quarterback (unlike our coach), and just about the time CW inks his big deal, Bill will have about years remaining in his coaching life to get another trophy. Right when CW’s income begins to suck the organization dry, Bill will be in Florida living his life without football. 

The Pats could end up with the #1 overall and still no guarantee the QB they pick translated to NFL success.  It certainly isn't the first time there's been a can't miss QB selected #1 overall who missed badly.  If Belichick was so smart he'd have never taken the chance and waited until the 6th round to draft Brady, he's have taken him in at least the 4th round and for about the next two years been ripped for over drafting the guy.  But they got lucky that time.

3 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

The Pats could end up with the #1 overall and still no guarantee the QB they pick translated to NFL success.  It certainly isn't the first time there's been a can't miss QB selected #1 overall who missed badly.  If Belichick was so smart he'd have never taken the chance and waited until the 6th round to draft Brady, he's have taken him in at least the 4th round and for about the next two years been ripped for over drafting the guy.  But they got lucky that time.

And missing on a QB w/ a top pick can set an organization back for years.

Williams gives me Bo Callahan vibes.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Success said:

Williams gives me Bo Callahan vibes.

Agree on 1st comment and 2nd one don't follow college football enough to know, but just do know there's a long list of #1 overall flops. 

Even worse than flopping is you draft a guy who can win you a half dozen games a year, good enough to think next year he'll turn it all around, but bad enough to not ever make playoffs and just good enough to not ever give you any top draft picks.  But like you said, by then BB will be sitting on his boat in Florida.

Really can't believe Kraft would want to trust a 70 YO something to develop a new fresh out of college QB.  That just sounds like a disaster waiting to happen unless the guy is a Tom Brady clone as far as the all out stop at nothing and do everything to win

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Agree on 1st comment and 2nd one don't follow college football enough to know, but just do know there's a long list of #1 overall flops. 

Even worse than flopping is you draft a guy who can win you a half dozen games a year, good enough to think next year he'll turn it all around, but bad enough to not ever make playoffs and just good enough to not ever give you any top draft picks.  But like you said, by then BB will be sitting on his boat in Florida.

Really can't believe Kraft would want to trust a 70 YO something to develop a new fresh out of college QB.  That just sounds like a disaster waiting to happen unless the guy is a Tom Brady clone as far as the all out stop at nothing and do everything to win

I was being a little goofy w/ the 2nd line.  Bo Callahan was the hyped up QB prospect in the movie "Draft Day" who Kevin Costner's GM character has reservations about drafting.

If I was Kraft, I'd bring in a new coach to go w/ the new QB, and start a brand new era.  But here's hoping that whoever they pick as their QB doesn't work out (and there is more of a chance that he won't, going by draft history).

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/4/2023 at 2:21 PM, PatsFanNH said:

It’s in “grab the pitchforks and torch’s” form right now. Even his strongest supporters are saying it’s time for him to go.   Kraft has to do something and wel he can’t fire everyone on the Offense, he can get rid of the man responsible for it. 

I can't say I blame them. BB has a great D (again) but the offense the last two years has been a joke and devoid of talent. Since BB is also the GM......

On 12/4/2023 at 3:50 PM, PatsFanNH said:

No need feel sorry for me. I have 20 years of awesome memories!  I mean it’s almost comical now… I have Friday off work so a friend and I are going to take a shot of Jamison every time the Pats punt.. so we should be drunk before half! 

Please come and post during the game hahahah

On 12/4/2023 at 4:28 PM, Success said:

Or maybe not. Trey Lance, Zach Wilson (assuming Rodgers hadn't blow out his Achilles), Baker Mayfield (if the Browns hadn't gone all in on Deshaun), Josh Rosen, possibly Kyler Murray ...

... I'm not sure that rule applies anymore. 

On 12/4/2023 at 3:50 PM, PatsFanNH said:

Pats fan, if you’re going to do shots (and I’m as Irish as it gets) don’t do Jamesons, do Woodford Reserve.  That’s tuff is at least palatable.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.