2023 MVP: Lamar will win it with 15 fewer TDs than Josh Allen (end of season talk pg 75+)

transplantbillsfan

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Seems like it’s Lamar’s unless he craps out vs Miami. I just don’t feel like he’s had an MVP type season. 

Reality of the situation is nobody has really had an MVP season. Voters have to decide between a lot of underwhelming candidates, which is the only reason a RB and WR are even garnering consideration.

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Seems like it’s Lamar’s unless he craps out vs Miami. I just don’t feel like he’s had an MVP type season. 

If Allen can take care of business next week and then go into Miami and take the AFC East crown, then he will be the front runner ahead of Lamar

Whichever QB among Josh, Lamar, and Tua ends up with 2 more wins, 575+ total yards, 5+ yds, and 1- int will get it.  If none of them do that, there's a good chance it ends up Hill or CmC.

It feels like it would take a lot for Dak or Purdy to come back from recent narratives.  But I guess if either of them have the best 2 game stretch ever, it's possible...

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

No standout QB this year which opens the field and potentially bends the criteria. Nothing wrong with a little intrigue.

13 hours ago, ganesh said:

If Allen can take care of business next week and then go into Miami and take the AFC East crown, then he will be the front runner ahead of Lamar

Don't know if he will be the front runner. If Lamar and the Ravens win this week Lamar is going to be a near lock for the MVP with the only player that realistically has a shot of upending his chances being Allen. But the volume for Lamar for MVP after week 17 will be through the roof and it won't matter what kind of numbers he puts up. 

That said, Allen will make the vote close I would think. Half the voters will give it to Lamar because of the 1 seed and team record. The other half will give it to Allen because of the dramatic finish down the stretch and statistically being one of the best QB's in the league in many categories. 

9 hours ago, Ray Stonada said:

Very unlikely but if Buffalo takes the 2 seed and Allen gets to 50 TDs (would need 10 in two games) they have to give it to him.

This is crazy, 50 TDs ?? How many 50 TD seasons have there ever been ? People in this thread saying there’s been no stand out QB season this year, Allen is going to end up 45+ TDs, I’m surprised how many people think that’s a ho hum season lol

division title and 45+ TDs and that won’t be enough to beat a dude with 20 less TDs ? He’s gonna need to hit 50 TDs ? That’s crazy in IMHO.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, julian said:

This is crazy, 50 TDs ?? How many 50 TD seasons have there ever been ? People in this thread saying there’s been no stand out QB season this year, Allen is going to end up 45+ TDs, I’m surprised how many people think that’s a ho hum season lol

division title and 45+ TDs and that won’t be enough to beat a dude with 20 less TDs ? He’s gonna need to hit 50 TDs ? That’s crazy in IMHO.

He’s gonna have 45 TDs snd 4500 pass yards and doesn’t seem to be the the top three with any of the media heads…

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, julian said:

This 100%. People are infatuated with the Interception numbers and can’t take their eyes off it. Give me a break. The guy is going to score 45TDs (as you said) and not only win the division but take the 2 seed. He will be the MVP. If he isn’t it’s a crime. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Ray Stonada said:

He’s gonna have 45 TDs snd 4500 pass yards and doesn’t seem to be the the top three with any of the media heads…

I say if we goes 2-0 with solid performance 6+ total TD and 1 turnover and gets the 2nd seed it will change 

they don’t want to talk about the six seed being an mvp 

idc if he gets it that doesn’t mean ***** 

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

There’s good discussion here but in general the public perception is:

”Allen for MVP? Hahahahaha. They’re going to miss the playoffs because of his turnovers!!!”  

That’s the level of discourse and thought we’re dealing with. 

Yeah it’s pretty stupid for a guy who has 4 losses where he put the team up in the last 2 minutes. 

Josh has 16 more TDs and 5 more turnovers than Lamar. 3-1. Any coach in the league would take that. 

1 hour ago, BananaB said:

Yeah it’s pretty stupid for a guy who has 4 losses where he put the team up in the last 2 minutes. 

Josh has 16 more TDs and 5 more turnovers than Lamar. 3-1. Any coach in the league would take that. 

But this is the part where if you’re not being a biased bills fan is completely misleading. If the D didn’t play well in the 1st halves of the Pats, Jets, Chargers, Broncos games while the offense was completely garbage, they won’t have even had a chance for a comeback win. 

also, in all 3 of the Ravens losses, their defense has given up 4th quarter leads, including 2 double digit ones. 

Allen is far and away our best player and has MVP moments. We are beyond lucky to have him and he’s better than I ever could have imagined he’d be and our SB window is open as long as we have him. But man, it’s been a really inconsistent season. The last 2 games haven’t helped either because those were primetime showcases and it was very uneven. 

• Disagree 1

32 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

But this is the part where if you’re not being a biased bills fan is completely misleading. If the D didn’t play well in the 1st halves of the Pats, Jets, Chargers, Broncos games while the offense was completely garbage, they won’t have even had a chance for a comeback win. 

also, in all 3 of the Ravens losses, their defense has given up 4th quarter leads, including 2 double digit ones. 

Allen is far and away our best player and has MVP moments. We are beyond lucky to have him and he’s better than I ever could have imagined he’d be and our SB window is open as long as we have him. But man, it’s been a really inconsistent season. The last 2 games haven’t helped either because those were primetime showcases and it was very uneven. 

I don’t think it’s reasonable to expect the Bills to win by multiple scores every week. I don’t expect either unit to play perfect football every time they step on the field. I do however believe you must play your best football when the game is on the line.  Josh has done that even though the results show otherwise. 3 game winning drives late in games , 4 drives that put them ahead under 2 minutes but they end up losing.  I’m not being biased, it’s how I see the game. Allen might have turnovers but he has been more clutch than any other QB in the league when the game was on the line. 

Edited by BananaB
  • Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He had a 90 QBR last week and the week before he wasn't asked to do much at all, but he also still had 2 TD's and no turnovers. Is that really uneven?

Josh already had the stats advantage over everyone heading into the KC game. His problem was the team wasn't winning they found themselves at 6-6 and in the 11th seed in the AFC. If you asked me what the number one thing Allen needs to get into the MVP conversation again, the answer at the time would have been just win football games. So far, they have done that and if they can win two more, he will be right there. Will he win or not, I do not know. But I do know he will be deserving. 

55 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Allen’s numbers and virtually all of the relevant QB metrics dwarf Lamar or lead Lamar, it’s not even close.

Before the niners game there was nobody saying Lamar was a serious MVP candidate because of his mediocre numbers, 3 hours and 5 INTs later by the Ravens defense and he’s the unanimous front runner lol.. I’m not buying it

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

He had a 90 QBR last week and the week before he wasn't asked to do much at all, but he also still had 2 TD's and no turnovers. Is that really uneven?

Josh already had the stats advantage over everyone heading into the KC game. His problem was the team wasn't winning they found themselves at 6-6 and in the 11th seed in the AFC. If you asked me what the number one thing Allen needs to get into the MVP conversation again, the answer at the time would have been just win football games. So far, they have done that and if they can win two more, he will be right there. Will he win or not, I do not know. But I do know he will be deserving. 

A lot of what keeping Allen out of the conversations is his INTs  because the media has blown them way out of proportion. I’m not sure situations  of every QBs INTs but I do know Josh’s.  Josh had 2 on Hail Mays which is not a big deal, he also had 2 on 3rd and forever that worked out better than punting the ball. All Ints, but really never hurt the team. I’d take all these over 1 pick 6 over to course of a year. Jmo.  Josh did have some bonehead ones that ended up costing the team points though. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BananaB said:

A lot of what keeping Allen out of the conversations is his INTs  because the media has blown them way out of proportion. I’m not sure situations  of every QBs INTs but I do know Josh’s.  Josh had 2 on Hail Mays which is not a big deal, he also had 2 on 3rd and forever that worked out better than punting the ball. All Ints, but really never hurt the team. I’d take all these over 1 pick 6 over to course of a year. Jmo.  Josh did have some bonehead ones that ended up costing the team points though. 

So the part I have an issue with is the idea that an “arm punt” is no big deal or should be looked at differently. I would rather have a leg punt than an arm punt. An interception of any kind can flip momentum. As Miami showed against the Jets, an interception on a Hail Mary can also prove to be costly. Josh does have a lot of interceptions, no matter the reason, but he has also put up an incredible amount of offense and touchdowns. Hopefully that part carries over to the final 2 games, the Bills win both and the voters make their decision then (as opposed to with 2 weeks to go which it sounds like some already have)

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

So the part I have an issue with is the idea that an “arm punt” is no big deal or should be looked at differently. I would rather have a leg punt than an arm punt. An interception of any kind can flip momentum. As Miami showed against the Jets, an interception on a Hail Mary can also prove to be costly. Josh does have a lot of interceptions, no matter the reason, but he has also put up an incredible amount of offense and touchdowns. Hopefully that part carries over to the final 2 games, the Bills win both and the voters make their decision then (as opposed to with 2 weeks to go which it sounds like some already have)

I pretty much disagree completely. Also almost all of the “arm punts” this year have given his receiver a chance and they have come up with none of them. One the DB yanked the ball right out of Diggs’ hands.

I see WR on other teams make athletic catches down the field every week and ours can’t even do it once.

Edited by DapperCam
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.