2023 MVP: Lamar will win it with 15 fewer TDs than Josh Allen (end of season talk pg 75+)

transplantbillsfan

1 minute ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

And another INT.

Hes phenominal, but too many give aways and not enough Ws 

This is true. Allen and Hurts are statistically the same QB... actually Allen is a little better.

The difference is that Hurts is on a team that's able to eek out close wins, often despite his mistakes. Meanwhile, Buffalo can rarely overcome any mistakes at all by Allen... or anyone else for that matter. 

It just sucks. 

6 minutes ago, FireChans said:

How many MVPs get their OC and HC fired in the same season?

You're a moron. Go away. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, ToGoGo said:

Today’s game was heroic. If the Philly kicker misses the 59 yarder, Allen is the hipster favorite to win the MVP. 

Just saw the highlights… the Patriots kicker missed a 35 yarder at the death in good weather … our opponent kicks it from 59 yds in the pouring rain … lol…

1 minute ago, ToGoGo said:

Today’s game was heroic. If the Philly kicker misses the 59 yarder, Allen is the hipster favorite to win the MVP. 

I agree on his performance today. But the fact of the matter is the L and the INT looms larger in the scheme of things.

Voters will not weigh the almost-win into the equation. The fact Allen was 98% of our offense and played like an all-pro will be overshadowed by the box score warriors where statistics will support the narrative that Allen is eratic and turns the ball over (they will ignore the TDS, surrounding cast, circumstances of schedule; etc)

• Agree 1

I loved the 8 games in a row with an int graphic today not mentioning that last weeks was a throw away hail mary that was picked.

No one cares.  Because of Diggs outburst during the bengals playoff game the national media decided Allen is a problem and that the bills window is closed.  So each week they play to that narrative because most of the fans of the nfl are barely smart enough to spell their own name and they eat it up.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

I loved the 8 games in a row with an int graphic today not mentioning that last weeks was a throw away hail mary that was picked.

No one cares.  Because of Diggs outburst during the bengals playoff game the national media decided Allen is a problem and that the bills window is closed.  So each week they play to that narrative because most of the fans of the nfl are barely smart enough to spell their own name and they eat it up.

Non Bills fans think Allen is trash  …just have a look at Twitter … the interception will be what they remember from this game ..and this will be reinforced by the wankers in the National media during the week …

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Non Bills fans think Allen is trash  …just have a look at Twitter … the interception will be what they remember from this game ..and this will be reinforced by the wankers in the National media during the week …

Yep.  Half the people here think the same way.  Its pretty sad.  

Edited by MikePJ76
  • Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I agree on his performance today. But the fact of the matter is the L and the INT looms larger in the scheme of things.

Voters will not weigh the almost-win into the equation. The fact Allen was 98% of our offense and played like an all-pro will be overshadowed by the box score warriors where statistics will support the narrative that Allen is eratic and turns the ball over (they will ignore the TDS, surrounding cast, circumstances of schedule; etc)

Exactly. But a win would’ve changed the narrative. 

Had we of won the Philly game I think Josh is still in the conversation.  He obviously is not going to win it with this team record though.  I did hear something today that I didn't know about the Eagles game.  Dan O said "On 3rd and medium plus Josh was 12/19. That's the best a QB has done in over 20 years." Thats pretty incredible.  

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Had we of won the Philly game I think Josh is still in the conversation.  He obviously is not going to win it with this team record though.  I did hear something today that I didn't know about the Eagles game.  Dan O said "On 3rd and medium plus Josh was 12/19. That's the best a QB has done in over 20 years." Thats pretty incredible.  

His window for MVP is now incredibly narrow but not impossible. Bills would have to win out and make the playoffs with him finishing the year with the lead in total TDs and passing yards. He would have the favorable narrative of carrying the team on his back to the playoffs (which would be true).

It might not be enough still, but it is a fairly weak MVP year and being good at the end of the year is better than the beginning of the year for being fresh in voters minds.

• Like (+1) 1

current odds for NFL MVP

2023 NFL MVP ODDS*

Jalen Hurts, Eagles: +150 (bet $10 to win $25 total)
Patrick Mahomes, Chiefs: +350 (bet $10 to win $45 total)
Dak Prescott, Cowboys: +600 (bet $10 to win $70 total)
Lamar Jackson, Ravens: +600 (bet $10 to win $70 total)
Tua Tagovailoa, Dolphins: +800 (bet $10 to win $90 total)
Brock Purdy, 49ers: +1400 (bet $10 to win $150 total)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.