2023 MVP: Lamar will win it with 15 fewer TDs than Josh Allen (end of season talk pg 75+)

transplantbillsfan

5 minutes ago, finn said:

The Bills led the league in drops last year, a fact that didn't get half the attention the Chiefs are getting for their dropped passes this year. The Narrative at work: Mahomes the messiah heroically struggling to make up for his teammates' incompetence. The Bills' drops last year? Crickets. 

The fact is, both Mahomes and Allen have just one quality receiver and otherwise a bunch of meh. I keep thinking how different the Bills would be today if Beane had drafted Pickens instead of Elam last year. 

Pickens seems like a real headache though.  Assuming if the trade isn't made - the ravens take linderbaum and dallas takes elam, i probably would've taken Smith.  

21 minutes ago, finn said:

The Bills led the league in drops last year, a fact that didn't get half the attention the Chiefs are getting for their dropped passes this year. The Narrative at work: Mahomes the messiah heroically struggling to make up for his teammates' incompetence. The Bills' drops last year? Crickets. 

The fact is, both Mahomes and Allen have just one quality receiver and otherwise a bunch of meh. I keep thinking how different the Bills would be today if Beane had drafted Pickens instead of Elam last year. 

Kincaid is way better than Meh

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

KC has the most drops in nfl. I don’t know anyone can think Mahkmes doesn’t have a way worse cast of weapons than Allen.

Yesterday Mahomes still had his go to guy in Kelce. Allen didn't have a go to guy. He had to basically make it happen on his own, with some help from Cook. And Mahomes had much better pass protection too. KC was getting home with 3 man rushes.

Allen making a couple more great plays than Mahomes is why we won IMO.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Yesterday Mahomes still had his go to guy in Kelce. Allen didn't have a go to guy. He had to basically make it happen on his own, with some help from Cook. And Mahomes had much better pass protection too. KC was getting home with 3 man rushes.

that throw to Murray going out of bounds was insane 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, HappyDays said:

cowherd basically said the exact same thing right after on his podcast fwiw

in big moments bills are still living on allen producing something ridiculous

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Eh, it’s a great win and Allen made some amazing plays. Don’t really agree with all of your point but don’t want to argue after a good win.

but I won’t trade our players around our qb for theirs and I think most fanbases would agree. They have a bottom 5 group and their best best player (while still very good) isn’t quite the same at 34.

16 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Don’t really agree with all of your points

Which points? It seems inarguable that Kelce >>>> Diggs yesterday (and over the past few weeks) and that Mahomes had much better pass protection yesterday. It is a testament to how poorly the Bills have built an offense around Allen that even with Mahomes having the worst WR group of his career, he still arguably has a better situation than Allen does.

Everyone can agree both offenses right now are relying on their QBs to make otherworldly plays. That is not a sustainable method of scoring points. The Bengals backup QB stepped in and is scoring 30+ points. If the Bills or Chiefs backup QBs had to play full games it would be a disaster.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

4 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

KC has the most drops in nfl. I don’t know anyone can think Mahkmes doesn’t have a way worse cast of weapons than Allen.

Like anyone ever cared when Allen had the most drops.  Even this year, Davis still dropping passes, Diggs is now dropping passes, Knox before injured was dropping passes.  We all got told to shut up about dropped passes.

• Agree 1

49 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Eh, it’s a great win and Allen made some amazing plays. Don’t really agree with all of your point but don’t want to argue after a good win.

but I won’t trade our players around our qb for theirs and I think most fanbases would agree. They have a bottom 5 group and their best best player (while still very good) isn’t quite the same at 34.

Mahommes threw some terrible passes yesterday as well. Crickets there. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

Like anyone ever cared when Allen had the most drops.  Even this year, Davis still dropping passes, Diggs is now dropping passes, Knox before injured was dropping passes.  We all got told to shut up about dropped passes.

Who told you to shut up about dropped passes haha? 

my whole thing is why we just decided that our offensive group is so bad. We have a top 5 receiver; a 1st round TE who is awesome; a 2nd round rb who can only be stopped by our OC; and a vastly improved o line (top paid OT & C, 2nd round G, and a FA signing). Second we could definitely be upgraded but honestly, it’s a pretty solid group. 

1 hour ago, AlfaBill said:

Mahommes threw some terrible passes yesterday as well. Crickets there. 

He wasn’t great but he was the higher rated qb.

bottom line is both qbs (I actually think Allen did more because of his rushing) probably could have won that game. I think the bills have a better supporting cast now and KC has a better defense. 

but who cares because we won and that’s all that matters.

4 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Allen has 12 more TD's than Mahomes and yet MVP odds are

+1500 Mahomes
+2200 Allen 

Which makes sense. The Bills are still betting dogs to miss the playoffs. They are a huge underdog to win the division. So of course Allen is going to be longshot for MVP. His MVP odds are correlated to the teams results. 

Edited by Process

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Kincaid is way better than Meh

Yes, you're right. I meant to say that he's could even better next year. If Beane can acquire a true WR2, the offense should rock with Diggs, Kincaid, and the new person, with Knox and Shakir playing the role of good backups. But that's a big If. What keeps me up at night is Beane giving Gabe Davis a big contract. 

Just now, finn said:

Yes, you're right. I meant to say that he's could even better next year. If Beane can acquire a true WR2, the offense should rock with Diggs, Kincaid, and the new person, with Knox and Shakir playing the role of good backups. But that's a big If. What keeps me up at night is Beane giving Gabe Davis a big contract. 

I can’t see Davis being back on the time unless he took a major hometown discount. I do think they like him more than the fans do (great blocker, good team guy). But he has proven he’s not consistent enough to be a number 2 and is a position they definitely need to upgrade and the fact it would be much cheaper is a bonus.

45 minutes ago, peterpan said:

I think both teams regret passing on a quality veteran like Dhop

At least the Chiefs have an excuse of trying to re-tool their team after two Super Bowl wins. What's our excuse? Considering we restructured our three biggest contracts in the offseason, presumably that was a signal that Beane was pushing the chips in. The more I think about it, the more it blows my mind that he didn't find a way to fit Hopkins in.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.