MNF Game Thread - 7:15p PHI&TB, 8:15p LAR@CIN

Process

22 minutes ago, Cray51 said:

I don’t like pushing the pile at all frankly.

I prefer for the 11 v 11 game to be played against one another.  Blockers blocking for a running back means they are looking for and engaging with a defender.  It promotes matchups between opponent, the essence of the game.

A TE grabbing the shoulder pads of his QB at the point of the snap and pulling him forward isn’t matching up players against the other team, it’s in my

opinion a sham of an approach to the game.

I think that's bologna, personally. It's still 11 versus 11. You have 11 guys available to stop what the offense does.

Just now, MJS said:

I think that's bologna, personally. It's still 11 versus 11. You have 11 guys available to stop what the offense does.

That’s fine, we can disagree.  I have some family in the league who have called what Philly specifically does a sham, and they are in the Eagles organization!  So I personally agree with them

• Like (+1) 1

The way you beat the Bengals is to hammer on their dline with your running game that’s why the Browns pretty much own them. The Bengals are very good against the pass and very opportunistic they don’t play the run well. Mcvay must be saying the oline is terrible my only shot is to put it in Staffords hands 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Matthew Stafford stinks. Unquestionably in the batch of the worst Super Bowl winning starting quarterbacks in the last quarter century (only Trent Dilfer, Nick Foles, and maybe Joe Flacco are worse imo). Definitely not a Hall of Famer.

Agreed. I have always thought he was overvalued. But a lot of people think he’s great. I just don’t see it. And I’m not talking about just tonight. I’m saying career wise he is not great. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Matthew Stafford stinks. Unquestionably in the batch of the worst Super Bowl winning starting quarterbacks in the last quarter century (only Trent Dilfer, Nick Foles, and maybe Joe Flacco are worse imo). Definitely not a Hall of Famer.

Jim McMahon is likely pretty ticked off that he didn’t headline this group. 

Flacco is Elway compared to Dilfer. 

and lastly Jeff fricken Hostettler. That’s just ridiculous. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.