Josh Named AFC Offensive Player of the Week 2 and Week 4

bills742

On 9/21/2023 at 10:56 AM, AuntieEm said:

No so drought won't be alleviated for his franchise with him at center.

l nicklaus grandson was on Bills for a bit   can't remember his name but iirc he signed with Miami after the Bills cut him.  Think he was a te or wr.  

As for the potw that Jimbo got. Guess someone missed counting some of his early awards before he lead the Bills to super bowls.  That or they are counting any awards he won while in usfl perhaps.

Nick O'Leary 

1 hour ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Correct!  We need the Josh from last week. Cover 2 deep shell I kill you with 1000 cuts. Man coverage and single High safety, I throw for 400+ on your butts.  If he can just do that and stay consistent with that mind set... Dang!

Absolutely.  

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Pretty sure we witnessed Josh's 12 player of the week yesterday, 5 of which will have been vs the stankfish.  He is more a Dolphins killer than Thurman was.

Do you know what the record is?

1 hour ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Pretty sure we witnessed Josh's 12 player of the week yesterday, 5 of which will have been vs the stankfish.  He is more a Dolphins killer than Thurman was.

I think it's 100% he is player of the week.  No one else came close amd against the "vaunted" fish

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Mango said:

It helps to play until you're 57 or whatever he was. 

I still maintain he wasn't the GOAT. That title belongs to Marino or Manning, both of whom would have done more than Brady playing that many years with the talent he had around him, to say nothing about the cheesecake division he played in most his career (especially the Bills). 

9 minutes ago, finn said:

It helps to play until you're 57 or whatever he was. 

I still maintain he wasn't the GOAT. That title belongs to Marino or Manning, both of whom would have done more than Brady playing that many years with the talent he had around him, to say nothing about the cheesecake division he played in most his career (especially the Bills). 

It’s stunning to think that Marino, with zero NFL championships is a better QB than Brady. Who had 6. 

Was Marino a better passer than Brady?  Maybe. Probably not. 

But a better QB?  Nope. 

8 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

It’s stunning to think that Marino, with zero NFL championships is a better QB than Brady. Who had 6. 

Was Marino a better passer than Brady?  Maybe. Probably not. 

But a better QB?  Nope. 

Yeah, that's the usual argument. No disrespect intended, but it's lazy thinking. Are Jeff Hostetler, Doug Williams, and Trent Dilfer also better than Marino because they each won a Super Bowl? You have to take into account all sorts of other factors, especially the quality of the team around the QB, but also the coaching, ownership, the era (e.g., PI penalties), and how many healthy years he played.

I'm not dissing Brady (although I despise his Marcia face), but having watched both him and Marino, there's no question, to me, that Marino was better. Put him on Brady's teams, let him play there until he was 45, and he would have won more championships. 

13 minutes ago, finn said:

Yeah, that's the usual argument. No disrespect intended, but it's lazy thinking. Are Jeff Hostetler, Doug Williams, and Trent Dilfer also better than Marino because they each won a Super Bowl? You have to take into account all sorts of other factors, especially the quality of the team around the QB, but also the coaching, ownership, the era (e.g., PI penalties), and how many healthy years he played.

I'm not dissing Brady (although I despise his Marcia face), but having watched both him and Marino, there's no question, to me, that Marino was better. Put him on Brady's teams, let him play there until he was 45, and he would have won more championships. 

Is the difference between 1 to zero different than 7 to zero?

3 hours ago, finn said:

You play. To win. The game. 

Winning isn’t the only metric to use when evaluating QB, but it’s an important one. 

QBs do more than throw the ball. Taking care of the ball, not taking sacks, calling audibles, making clutch plays, and leadership are all important factors when evaluating a QB.  I’m thinking that Brady was better than Marino in all of these facets. 

I used to think Bellichek was the best coach of all time. His record without Brady is making me reconsider that evaluation. 

Edited by pennstate10
Bellicheck

• bills742 changed the title to Josh Named AFC Offensive Player of the Week 2 (and Week 4...?)
On 10/2/2023 at 1:06 PM, finn said:

Toss in Mark Rypien 

• bills742 changed the title to Josh Named AFC Offensive Player of the Week 2 and Week 4
3 hours ago, H2o said:

I hate how their relationship is in such decline. 

If he took any praise for it the media would have came back and said "Josh thinks he's the reason he won this award?!?!?!"

And then show a picture of diggs looking like he's yelling at Josh but it was actually right after the last TD he threw him and they were celebrating.... Or...... Were they?????

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.