Fish v. Pats

Bills fan since 87

Just now, Scott7975 said:

Im not that smart. But holding that offense to 17 points in 3 qtrs is a good job.

I guess to your point they have done alright.

But if you look at Miamis stats, they are on pace for 400 plus yards with 25 plus first downs.

Im not sure if that would be a blueprint 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Belichick is still a damn good coach. He just hasn't caught up to modern day 4th down aggressiveness and doesn't have talent to work with.

Collinsworth is right that the whole league is going to copy this. I love seeing innovative new things in a sometimes predictable sport. 

Edited by ChronicAndKnuckles
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Agreed. I think Tom Brady made him a lot smarter than what he actually is as well

I don't buy that as he was ahead of the curve during their first three Super Bowls when the defense was the reason they won it.  Maybe in the later stages of Brady's career.

1 minute ago, BillsFan130 said:

I guess to your point they have done alright.

But if you look at Miamis stats, they are on pace for 400 plus yards with 25 plus first downs.

Im not sure if that would be a blueprint 

Well they are playing coverage deep so they are letting them move slowly down the field and hoping they make a mistake.  When they get in the redzone they don't really have to play deep anymore and they just hope to stop the td and make them kick fg.  It works if that works AND you have an offense that can score.

Like I dunno anything about defense but that looks like what they hope to accomplish.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

I don't buy that as he was ahead of the curve during their first three Super Bowls when the defense was the reason they won it.  Maybe in the later stages of Brady's career.

He was ahead of the curve on cheating

3 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Well they are playing coverage deep so they are letting them move slowly down the field and hoping they make a mistake.  When they get in the redzone they don't really have to play deep anymore and they just hope to stop the td and make them kick fg.  It works if that works AND you have an offense that can score.

Like I dunno anything about defense but that looks like what they hope to accomplish.

No you’re definitely right in that sense.

But i think that’s the game plan against any great offence.

Make them go down the length of the field, play cover 2 high etc.

The part that sucks it looks like Miami has entered that elite category on offence if that’s how defences are playing them

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.