Fish v. Pats

Bills fan since 87

Things I’ve learned from listening to Chris Collinsworth

1) does not matter that the Pats are on their 3rd string CB because they have safety help 🙄

2) big difference in the game is the Miami DL (um….how about the points off the turnover, it was literally 10-3 at that time?)

3) Tua is just like Dan Marino

There have been more gems but those stuck in my mind

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Now you misunderstood.  There are many folks here who think Tua is a noodle-arm crappy QB with a scrambled brain who sucks.  But this guy started to win me over the last half of the 2022 season.  Dude can get the ball to where it needs to be.  You don't need a Josh Allen arm to be a good QB.  Tua is a good, solid, NFL QB, and we should take him seriously.

We..fans can think anything they want. As long as the Bills coaches and players take him seriously that's all that matters. But yes Tua is in a system right now that he is good at.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, buffblue said:

I'm almost there lol.

Fins are going to be a major problem. Don't even want to think about the ramifications of a loss in that week 4 game. Ouch

Need Elam active that game.  Disrupt timing by playing up at the line in coverage and have the shell behind him 

• Agree 1

Just now, Scott7975 said:

He does have a noodle arm but he is elite accuracy and gets the ball out quick. They aren't unbeatable though.

It does not hurt having defensive backfields crapping their pants trying not to get burnt by Hill and Waddle.

Those guys clear out and create a lot of space for themselves and others and the way they use motion makes it hard to jam them to disrupt timing.

He is a good solid QB when healthy.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Bubba Gump said:

I guess so. He seems so awkward in front of a camera. 

Agreed. I used to think he was playing it up for effect. Now I think he’s just on the spectrum. 
again, good for him! I don’t think his style would’ve worked in any previous generation. But today’s 20’somethings are different. They seem to relate well to his style. (As long as they’re winning)

• Agree 2

I don’t know the exact recipe, but it seems like you have to get Tua and phins off script. They are so robotic and mechanical (I mean this as a compliment) but when the play isn’t there, Tua still seems to have that panic throw in him. 

It’s probably the most terrible way to play this team, but I wonder if anyone has the personnel to press the WRs and challenge them closer to LOS

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Haze_21 said:

Kyle dugger is a great player probably one of the most underrated in the league...he scored 3 tds last year as a safety which is an insane stat if you think about it but why is he covering tyreek 1v1 on the goal line.

They sort of explained that in the broadcast with showing how the motion drew the DB out to the flat. Great play design. 

That said, the obvious move would have been for Duggar to follow outside and leave the CB on Hill...but assignment overruled common sense there IMO

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Don’t you think a more aggressive D would have resulted in at least one big play?

Right now the only thing I see that will stop them is injuries. And those always come. 

The Pats have blitzed a few times, but it’s all coming from around the tackles.  Tua is getting the ball out quickly and negating the rush.

two safety deep, three levels of contract.  Backers take the flats and force Tua to lift passes ( he has shown to struggle with that in the past). Corners take second level coverage, and safeties play over the top.  If Mostert goes for 150 on you, who cares.  But don’t let Hill and Waddle chunk you down the field.

success against Miami is built on 4 man pressure and great coverage play.  Idk how many teams can achieve that, but imo it’s critical

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

Agreed. I used to think he was playing it up for effect. Now I think he’s just on the spectrum. 
again, good for him! I don’t think his style would’ve worked in any previous generation. But today’s 20’somethings are different. They seem to relate well to his style. (As long as they’re winning)

I just love how this dude is bringing out the best of the Belichick "wtf" facial expressions. Billy is stumped. 

But I can also imagine McDaniel being like a "Shy Ronnie" type in the locker room. 

12 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

He would be a solid back up option for Buffalo😎

Obviously I’m kidding but let’s be honest here. He is the definition of a system QB. He is a serious injury to hill or waddle from being average. Those guys do all of the work he just hits short quick passes. He does it well but they have the super luxury of having the 2 fastest WRS in the league. He cannot go off script or play a different style in a game that doesn’t go well.

• Agree 2

Just now, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Good stop for NE but won’t matter because I’m not so sure they can score 

There is nothing about Mac Jones that scares me as a QB we face this season other than he may kick one of our players in the sprinkler when he is on the ground.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.