Week 1: Buy, Sell, Hold

boyst

This is something that we used to do a few seasons ago. It's simple - so don't overthink it. It is just like stock - but we are not assigning a value, or making it overcomplicated. Prior to our first game here we are, make your pick. We will then do this again midweek each week of the season. You do not have to keep track of your players, it resets every week.

BUY: You pick a player who you think will have a big game or is starting to trend upward - not necessarily someone who if you had your fantasy roster you'd be sure to start - but someone who is going to make a big difference or be the wildcard X factor. This does not even have to be someone you hold.

SELL: you pick a player who you think will not have a good game - one who guy isn't performing, a guy who isn't matching up to the scheme or schedule, or a guy you just flat out hate.

HOLD: You pick a guy who you really think has potential be play a roll and add value but may not be living up to what you think they're capable of yet. Someone who you think is going to blossom soon and you want to beat the bull market.

my picks:
Buy: Quinton Morris. I think he can be important as Dorsey learns to work his package. He may not have big production or make a flashy play even but I think he will make a difference to what happens on the field.

Sell: Hamlin. I think he is best served for himself, his cause, and the world to become an ambassador of good and love. I'd love to be wrong, but we are talking football, not Eagle Scouts.

Hold: the Bills OL, specifically O'Cyrus. I am not going to weigh an opinion on anything tonight unless he absolutely destroys the DL.

Edit:

Make your own picks, it's fun.

Edited by boyst
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Buy: Leonard Floyd - A quiet offseason signing I don't think is talked about enough. Will make an impact tonight.

Sell: Bernard - I'm nervous with him at MLB tonight and the middle of the field in general. 

Hold: Kincaid - I could easily put him as my "buy" but I wanted to put Floyd there. I think he'll post good numbers tonight.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I like the Morris buy.  Big fan if his skill set and could see us running some 13 personnel at times this season due to his abilities.  

Buy:  Dalton Kincaid-  I mean, did anyone expect me to say am different name?  That’s my guy and I’m so ridiculously pumped to see what he can do with Josh Allen throwing him the ball.  He can make a big difference

Sell:  Terrel Bernard-  I know I’m taking a loss on this sale, but that’s ok.  His first game action since being injured over a month ago will be on mnf vs AR in our season opener.  I think Rodgers is too smart NOT to pick on him allllll day.  Hopefully McD can scheme something up to take some pressure off of him.  I’m hoping Kirksey suits up, but not Doubt he’s up to speed just yet.

Hold:  Christian Benford:  I love his attitude and the pop he brings.  Im not worried about him missing tackles or being out of position.  I feel he’s an ascending player that has a knack for finding the football

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Buy: Trent Sherfield. I like what I have seen of him so far. Josh Allen has raved about him MANY times. He's a player that can bring a lot of things to the game. Won't wow on the stat sheet but seems to do all the little things right. I'm seeing him as a guy this front office will prioritize getting a deal done with before the start of next season. Some tough ess over the middle, a good blocker and good route running.

Sell: Jordan Poyer. I fully understand how much he has done for this team and this defense over the years. However, there is a reason he didn't garner the offers he thought he may in FA and came back here for a reduced rate. Still smart and physical, I question if Father Time is catching up.

Hold: This goes along with my "sell". Taylor Rapp. I think he can bring a TON to this defense. I think he eventually becomes a key player be it through scheme or eventually starting games at S due to injury. He may bring what we didn't have last year... experience in a depth roll. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

27 minutes ago, ALLinALLEN said:

Buy: Leonard Floyd - A quiet offseason signing I don't think is talked about enough. Will make an impact tonight.

Sell: Bernard - I'm nervous with him at MLB tonight and the middle of the field in general. 

Hold: Kincaid - I could easily put him as my "buy" but I wanted to put Floyd there. I think he'll post good numbers tonight.

Yes, 2 sacks for Floyd tonight 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Buy: Trent Sherfield. I like what I have seen of him so far. Josh Allen has raved about him MANY times. He's a player that can bring a lot of things to the game. Won't wow on the stat sheet but seems to do all the little things right. I'm seeing him as a guy this front office will prioritize getting a deal done with before the start of next season. Some tough ess over the middle, a good blocker and good route running.

Sell: Jordan Poyer. I fully understand how much he has done for this team and this defense over the years. However, there is a reason he didn't garner the offers he thought he may in FA and came back here for a reduced rate. Still smart and physical, I question if Father Time is catching up.

Hold: This goes along with my "sell". Taylor Rapp. I think he can bring a TON to this defense. I think he eventually becomes a key player be it through scheme or eventually starting games at S due to injury. He may bring what we didn't have last year... experience in a depth roll. 

I love Sherfield and think he’s going to be a real asset due to his blocking ability.  Everyone saying that 12 personnel will be great for run blocking.  I think our best run formation (until Kincaid inevitably improves as a blocker) is 11 with Sherfield in the slot.  He’s likely a better blocker than Kincaid atm.  And his receiving abilities are underrated.

poyer- this makes me sad.  Mostly because I agree.  The last 2 memories I have of him are getting playing his worst game as a pro vs Cinci and then getting smoked by Jaylen Warren in preseason.  It’s likely the last hurrah for our special tandem….. so I’m hoping that them being back together in their mission to bring us a Super Bowl can rejuvenate his play.

Rapp is such an unknown at this point.  Good call to hold.  He provides great depth but is that all he provides?  Could he fill in for Bernard on obvious passing downs?  Or even run downs?  Could he actually be a better Mike than Bernard? 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Buy: James Cook, he is going to go off tonight and be the difference maker taking pressure off of Josh Allen, and being a great outlet to check down and gain lots of yards. LBs will be focusing on KINGcaid. 

Sell: Bernard, haven´t seen him earn his rol. Hope I am wrong. 

Hold: Shakir, I just think he has playmaker potential. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Taro Nimbus said:

Damn.  Let’s just get through the game first before we write off Bernard!   There’s a reason they made him the starter, and it’s not to sabotage the defense!!!

It doesn’t matter what we do right now.   If he plays well, we won’t write him off.  If he sucks, he might need to be replaced.  Nothing wrong with talking truths.

• Like (+1) 1

buying kincaid. buying the hype lol

selling the offensive line. I just watched the Dolphins backup abuse Joey Bosa, something isn't being taught right here

holding newly minted Ed Oliver anchoring the Dline...if Jones can't perform like last year for whatever reason does the interior hold up

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Can we wait to play a game before we assign these initial "grades" ??

Seems early to me.

And then compare them to later weeks as the season unfolds.

they're not grades. please read my post. please take that much time since it would have taken you less time to do vs. replying. 😘

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Buy: Diggs, he wants it more than anyone on the team so hopefully they can get him the ball

Sell: Dorsey, he's shown a complete lack of creativity and the RedZone offense is horrible

Hold: Allen, he has not played well against the Jets in the past, hopefully he can change that tonight

• Disagree 2

1 hour ago, boyst said:

This is something that we used to do a few seasons ago. It's simple - so don't overthink it. It is just like stock - but we are not assigning a value, or making it overcomplicated. Prior to our first game here we are, make your pick. We will then do this again midweek each week of the season. You do not have to keep track of your players, it resets every week.

BUY: You pick a player who you think will have a big game or is starting to trend upward - not necessarily someone who if you had your fantasy roster you'd be sure to start - but someone who is going to make a big difference or be the wildcard X factor. This does not even have to be someone you hold.

SELL: you pick a player who you think will not have a good game - one who guy isn't performing, a guy who isn't matching up to the scheme or schedule, or a guy you just flat out hate.

HOLD: You pick a guy who you really think has potential be play a roll and add value but may not be living up to what you think they're capable of yet. Someone who you think is going to blossom soon and you want to beat the bull market.

my picks:
Buy: Quinton Morris. I think he can be important as Dorsey learns to work his package. He may not have big production or make a flashy play even but I think he will make a difference to what happens on the field.

Sell: Hamlin. I think he is best served for himself, his cause, and the world to become an ambassador of good and love. I'd love to be wrong, but we are talking football, not Eagle Scouts.

Hold: the Bills OL, specifically O'Cyrus. I am not going to weigh an opinion on anything tonight unless he absolutely destroys the DL.

Edit:

Damar Hamlin isn’t a football player anymore because of what happened to him ? 

weird take 

• Haha (+1) 1

Buy:  Deonte Harty - I think he is going to have a good game due to the coverage on Diggs, Davis, and Kincaid.  

Sell:  MLB position - I am afraid we are going to get exposed over the middle regardless who is there.

Hold: - O'Cyrus Torrence - appears to have a lot of upside and excited to see how well he holds up against this Jets Defense

Edited by Lieutenant Aldo Raine
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Damar Hamlin isn’t a football player anymore because of what happened to him ? 

weird take 

not at all the case - i think we have 4 players at the position who are better and he would do the world much more good by becoming a role model and example for his cause.

jeesh, c'mon lawn boy  🤣

• Eyeroll 1

57 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Can we wait to play a game before we assign these initial "grades" ??

Seems early to me.

And then compare them to later weeks as the season unfolds.

Can you just wait to make another post until the year 2089?

• Agree 1

Buy: Diggs. He has something to prove after the offseason turmoil. I am personally glad he let certain players know what they WERE doing wasn't good enough to win a SB. Some players heard and acknowledged this. 

Sell: Hamlin. Love the story, but I think he's a healthy scratch for this game. I could say "yeah, we have quality depth", but I just don't think he's better than anyone in front of him. 

Hold: Bernard. I have trusted the process from day 1. He hasn't played in the NFL enough to make a judgement yet. 

Buy - Gabe Davis - he'll shine with Sauce watching Diggs all night.

Sell - Aaron Rodgers - He'll be bruised and battered and won't answer the 2nd half bell (can i do that) If not I'll say Oliver, I think he'll be invisible tonight.

Hold - Dawson Knox - He'll have more targets and receptions than Kincaid tonight.

I believe Hamlin is a healthy scratch tonight.

2 hours ago, boyst said:

my picks:

Edit:

Was listening yesterday think it was on the CBS pregame show and they were commenting how Hamlin is the prohibitive favorite for comeback player of the year.   Just read an article on ESPN stating likely Hamlin won't be active tonight.  Barring injuries, that could be a theme throughout the year. So potentially we could have the prohibitive favorite for comeback player of the year hardly ever plays all season.  That could be interesting to see how that plays out then.

18 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Buy - Gabe Davis - he'll shine with Sauce watching Diggs all night.

Sell - Aaron Rodgers - He'll be bruised and battered and won't answer the 2nd half bell (can i do that) If not I'll say Oliver, I think he'll be invisible tonight.

Hold - Dawson Knox - He'll have more targets and receptions than Kincaid tonight.

I believe Hamlin is a healthy scratch tonight.

Last year (and in SF) Salehs D played sides the majority of the time.  The matchups will be our choice for the most part iirc.  If we want Diggs vs Reed (and likely help) put him on the right side.  If we want Diggs vs sauce, line Diggs up on the left.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, boyst said:

What are you really selling, a 4th or fifth string safety who mainly plays special teams?  I mean, yeah he is no Poyer or Hyde and would only play in a pinch like what happened last season.

• Agree 1

Just now, Matt_In_NH said:

What are you really selling, a 4th or fifth string safety who mainly plays special teams?  I mean, yeah he is no Poyer or Hyde and would only play in a pinch like what happened last season.

i am selling that he is going to be or should be a factor in our defense in the next few weeeks.

Buy: Milano, he will be key against the run and pass tonight, needs to be huge and I expect he will be.

Sell: Harty, hope I’m wrong, I see Mckitrick all over again

Hold: Kincaid, has some learning to do, hope he can produce early (really hopeful for may fantasy team as he was supposed to be my back up/possible flex and then Kelce went down for week 1).

Just now, boyst said:

i am selling that he is going to be or should be a factor in our defense in the next few weeeks.

The way I look at that, I don't think that is for sale, I expect next to zero snaps from him on defense unless there are multiple injuries or maybe at the end of a blowout or something.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Buy: Josh Allen. The Bills need the best version of Allen to get to the SB/win it. Anything less likely doesn't get it done. 

Sell: Every MLB on the roster. None of them are starter material. It's a glaring weakness of the team. 

Hold:  Elam. Guy shows glimpse of how good he can be. I think the issue is two fold . He thinks too much and might lack some  football IQ. More specifically, he is not a great fit under the Bills scheme. He's not playing freely or natural. 

Hold: Rousseau. Shows a lot of promises but consistently isn't there yet which is understandable. 

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

The way I look at that, I don't think that is for sale, I expect next to zero snaps from him on defense unless there are multiple injuries or maybe at the end of a blowout or something.

Fair. 100% fair

If I need to sell without regard to him and just want to look at tonight...

Morse. I think he will struggle tonight against a physical strong DL.

Buy: James Cook. We can run on the Jets if we try. They don't give you a lot of space to work with but Cook's skill set will help him maximize that space.

Sell: Gabe Davis. After his preseason performance I am convinced that he is the exact same high variance player we got last year. I don't expect us to be able to run our offense through him with any kind of consistency. Plus I expect Gardner to be manned up on him 1v1 a bunch tonight and obviously I expect Gardner to win that matchup.

Hold: Dalton Kincaid. I don't expect him to have a huge game in his first ever NFL action but we'll see the potential and I think he will at least contribute. I'll predict two 3rd down catches past the sticks.

Buy: Kincaid (busts out in first game); and Floyd (if the D gets pressure, it will be because he has a great game diverting attention away from others on the DL)

Sell:  J. Cook.  Running into that DL won't be great for him, and the offense may use a lot of short passes rather than a running game to move the ball (Kincaid, and some of the new WRs.) 

Hold:  Groot.  Can he generate pressure without Miller?  Will a very good, but not HOF player like Floyd be enough to help him out.  

Buy: Diggs…hes about to have his best season

Sell: Dorsey- Vanilla play calling the last 3 weeks of the season. Terrible o-lone play in the playoffs. His plays take too long to develop. Burrow/Mahones are getting the ball out quick. Bengals/Chiefs have veteran play callers. Dorsey has been calling plays for a year. Not enough experience 

Hold: Kincaid- hes a rookie from Utah. There will be growing pains but he will turn into something special. 

Buy --  Kincaid.   Have the Bills ever had a ORoY?  Don't think they have so Kincaid will be the first.  Hoping his selection and success gets our draft scouts finding more gems for our offense.  Starting with ol

protectors and getting in a good mix of young receivers as our current guys get close to hanging up their cleats.

Sell -- Spencer Brown.  Cannot have Josh getting hammered by guy he is responsible for.  

Hold  --  Groot Easier to spell than his French surname.   Think he will come into his own.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.