OT Germain Ifedi signs with the Bills

HappyDays

26 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

He is a possible candidate for backup RT. Only allowed 1 pressure throughout preseason. There's more clips in that Twitter thread from Erik Turner.

When Q was cut, I expected a move. I don't see any way McDermott would be comfortable with having our Backups at OT being two guys who have never played a regular season snap before.

Though a 1st Round Pick who didn't get his 5th year option picked up and then was released early by 2 teams already this offseason doesn't invoke a lot of faith in me. 

But at least he has starting experience and has attributes that made him a 1st Rounder.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, gonzo1105 said:

Eh backup RT and who can play the Left but I think RVD would be better on the left. He’s basically the shell replacement if they bring him in. 

Yeah ideally Van Demark would be backup LT, Ifedi would be backup RT. In a perfect world we'd have a single swing tackle but it's better than nothing.

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

He is a possible candidate for backup RT. Only allowed 1 pressure throughout preseason. There's more clips in that Twitter thread from Erik Turner.

IIRC, he is someone I was interested in back in 2020 before he signed with Da Bears.

He can play both G and T.  He may be a bit of a better guard than a T (struggled with penalties playing T for the Seahawks), but as a reserve, he's got that experience we lack right now - 😘

3 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Eh backup RT and who can play the Left but I think RVD would be better on the left. He’s basically the shell replacement if they bring him in. 

By George, I Think He's Got It!

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

• HappyDays changed the title to OT Germain Ifedi signs with the Bills
2 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Now that he's signed, I think Alec Anderson is Practice Squad bound. Not sure we keep 10 on the OL.

By the time Ifedi signs (I hope it's not too quick) something else happens OR teams will have established 53's and PS's and Anderson

clears waivers with no problem.

As for Ifedi, I hope he can keep his penalties to a minimum.  It seems a bit of an issue.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/I/IfedGe00.htm

1 minute ago, MasterStrategist said:

Which position group do you think we need to add to?

Only things I saw as realistic moves is a vet OT (which we just added) and perhaps another option at backup QB instead of Kyle Allen. 

Everyone wants a LB, but I don't see it. Wouldn't be against it. But I think we're gonna roll with what we have there rather than have a guy learning the Defensive QB position on the fly.

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

By the time Ifedi signs (I hope it's not too quick) something else happens OR teams will have established 53's and PS's and Anderson

clears waivers with no problem.

As for Ifedi, I hope he can keep his penalties to a minimum.  It seems a bit of an issue.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/I/IfedGe00.htm

He'll fit right in...

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

EDIT: Now signed.

"expected to sign" not "signed"

Betting he waits until after we can IR a couple guys

9 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Why do we need 10 offensive linemen? How is this guy more valuable than Boogie Basham when we only have two DEs under contract for next year? 🤔

We need 8 OL active on game day.

Since they tend to get injured, 10 is not unreasonable - we've kept that many before

How many DE and DT do you think we ought to keep?  In case you've lost track, we've currently got 10 DL plus Von Miller on the roster....

so we should keep 11 DL plus Miller and only 9 OL?

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, BillsFanForever19 said:

Only things I saw as realistic moves is a vet OT (which we just added) and perhaps another option at backup QB instead of Kyle Allen. 

Everyone wants a LB, but I don't see it. Wouldn't be against it. But I think we're gonna roll with what we have there rather than have a guy learning the Defensive QB position on the fly.

Makes sense.  I think we have 1 roster opening (shorter and Spector to IR, and bring back Reid).  So not sure we need to cut Anderson, yet.

I'd be for signing a better version of Dodson, which is what Kirksey brings I think.  But agree, it will come down to whether Coach is comfortable with 2 weeks for him, thoughts on Bernard, perhaps Klein (if he's on P/S) is break glass if Kirksey is slow on uptake of defense.  

Think we have options to bring in Kirksey, over Dodson, and at worse turn to Klein/Bernard week 1.  That'd be the only move I see at this point.

20 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Why do we need 10 offensive linemen? How is this guy more valuable than Boogie Basham when we only have two DEs under contract for next year? 🤔

Think they like Kingsley Jonathon and while not signed I think the team still has control as a restricted Free Agency. 

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

Think they like Kingsley Jonathon and while not signed I think the team still has control as a restricted Free Agency. 

KJ is on a 2-year contract.  If he shows well the first 6 weeks he may stay and Shaq gets cut and maybe PS bound.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/kingsley-jonathan-77605/

4 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

KJ is on a 2-year contract.  If he shows well the first 6 weeks he may stay and Shaq gets cut and maybe PS bound.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/kingsley-jonathan-77605/

So Groot Von and Kingsley Jonathan are 3 players we have not 2 under contract next year?  I think that’s why they were ok moving on from Boogie

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

52 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Now that he's signed, I think Alec Anderson is Practice Squad bound. Not sure we keep 10 on the OL.

They only have 5 playable WR and maybe 4 playable LB's plus Matakevich...........so I think they could easily carry 10 on the OL while developing Van Demark and Anderson on the 53.

• Like (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Makes sense.  I think we have 1 roster opening (shorter and Spector to IR, and bring back Reid).  So not sure we need to cut Anderson, yet.

I'd be for signing a better version of Dodson, which is what Kirksey brings I think.  But agree, it will come down to whether Coach is comfortable with 2 weeks for him, thoughts on Bernard, perhaps Klein (if he's on P/S) is break glass if Kirksey is slow on uptake of defense.  

Think we have options to bring in Kirksey, over Dodson, and at worse turn to Klein/Bernard week 1.  That'd be the only move I see at this point.

Keep Dodson and cut Matakevich.

• Disagree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.