Notable cuts around the league

Desert Bills Fan

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Didn’t realize he got too! Definitely would rather have him. Belichick is losing his mind.

Didn’t realize he got too! Definitely would rather have him. Belichick is losing his mind.

Speaking of loosing ones mind..

But seriously,  tell us how you REALLY feel;)

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Man, he was so good in college.  That injury really must have messed him up. 

Or maybe he was never that good because I'm sure he's healthy now and still can't latch on.

Had nerve damage which caused drop foot. Tough to come back from. Hell of a player in college. 

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He’s not the only one.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

Belichick released both backup QBs and traded the starting kicker. He's playing that Star Trek chess against himself. 

Lol the Kicker was replaced by the 4th round rookie. The QBs.. I have no idea what he is thinking.. I thought he would keep Cunningham and cut Zappe who looked like hot trash.. 

3 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

He is about the same level player as Mac and Cheese.  Cheese couldn't handle a QB controversy with his weak mental status.

Not even close, he is to short and teams figured him out quickly.. he couldn’t complete anything to the middle of the field.

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

Lol the Kicker was replaced by the 4th round rookie. The QBs.. I have no idea what he is thinking.. I thought he would keep Cunningham and cut Zappe who looked like hot trash.. 

Not even close, he is to short and teams figured him out quickly.. he couldn’t complete anything to the middle of the field.

Mostly it was just a joke but Mac is mentally weak and I don't think Zappe is that much worse than he is.  You will find out this year that at best you have a Ryan Fitzpatrick for QB.  Good enough to win ya some games, keep ya from drafting high, but not good enough to really get you anywhere.  Your team will not be good again until Belichick is gone and the entire team blows up, tries to draft a franchise QB high, and rebuilds.  Enjoy being what the Bills were all that time you were in the glory years.

Edited by Scott7975

32 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Mostly it was just a joke but Mac is mentally weak and I don't think Zappe is that much worse than he is.  You will find out this year that at best you have a Ryan Fitzpatrick for QB.  Good enough to win ya some games, keep ya from drafting high, but not good enough to really get you anywhere.  Your team will not be good again until Belichick is gone and the entire team blows up, tries to draft a franchise QB high, and rebuilds.  Enjoy being what the Bills were all that time you were in the glory years.

You could be right about Jones. It’s hard for me to tell yet considering last year was just a train wreck on O.  Mentally weak? I don’t know what you mean by this but guessing because he got angry in games at the coaches incompetence in getting plays in on time?  I am not expecting much this year my one hope is we know one way or the other if Jones can be good or not.  He showed a lot of promise his rookie year and like I said last year the O was run horribly and everyone on O was complaining. 

On 8/28/2023 at 10:21 AM, Cheektowaga Chad said:

First round pick, has played 2 seasons and has now been cut by two different teams

How is that possible 

Crazy. Has to be something wild off the field, and if there isnt an arrest, its almost even crazier imo.  Bad arrest you have to cut a guy from PR standpoint. No arrest, drafted 17th, and cut after a season? SERIOUS drug prob, or he came in 500lbs lol

29 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

You could be right about Jones. It’s hard for me to tell yet considering last year was just a train wreck on O.  Mentally weak? I don’t know what you mean by this but guessing because he got angry in games at the coaches incompetence in getting plays in on time?  I am not expecting much this year my one hope is we know one way or the other if Jones can be good or not.  He showed a lot of promise his rookie year and like I said last year the O was run horribly and everyone on O was complaining. 

Thats all fair and as a fan, I get it.  Just trying to prepare you for what is going to happen.  I been there for a long time.  Many mediocre QBs with promise have passed through Buffalo.  Many a times have I blamed everything and everyone but the QB.  Its always the QB.  Although I will say that your team last year was a clown show lol.  I still don't think Mac is going to be anything more than a Fitzpatrick.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Crazy. Has to be something wild off the field, and if there isnt an arrest, its almost even crazier imo.  Bad arrest you have to cut a guy from PR standpoint. No arrest, drafted 17th, and cut after a season? SERIOUS drug prob, or he came in 500lbs lol

Or, he's just so bad that he isn't a NFL talent.  

In other news: The Jets don't have a punter.  

Edited by Albany,n.y.

3 hours ago, Old Coot said:

The unkindest cut of all:

Jags coach Doug Pederson cut his own son!

ouch. thought it would be one of those training camp favor type signings, but looks like he was signed with them through last year? maybe a PS guy? probably a hard dynamic to be in any ways, already was for HS kids growing up

16 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Or, he's just so bad that he isn't a NFL talent.  

In other news: The Jets don't have a punter.  

A 1st rd player, #17, cut after one year has off field issues, theres no way youre eating the dead cap and giving up on a guy like that, especially on a team devoid of talent.  have him ride pine while you develop, just makes no sense if its not off the field stuff or massive weight gain.  admitting your talent evaluators are that bad is insane, even with the regime change, was there a single scout spared his job? insane no matter which way its cut

2 hours ago, Yantha said:

Not sure if this was discussed, but the Texans released CB Desmond King.

I'd drop Siran Neal for Desmond King if it can happen.

Okay. So who starts at Gunner?

7 hours ago, Chaos said:

Colts cut Darius Rush.  This surprises me .

Big surprise to me. I really liked him coming out. He'd be top of my PS list.

7 hours ago, Doc said:

Why do you think that?  He was targeted 15 times but made just 6 receptions for 59 yards and a TD in the 3 pre-season games.

Cos before his injuries in college he was a stud. I am still amazed he went undrafted. Okay I haven't seen the medical reports but I'd have been more than willing to gamble on that talent with a late day 3 pick.

9 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Man, he was so good in college.  That injury really must have messed him up. 

Or maybe he was never that good because I'm sure he's healthy now and still can't latch on.

His knee was basically a total reconstruction though. I think that is one of those injuries that has to have a long term effect.

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Cos before his injuries in college he was a stud. I am still amazed he went undrafted. Okay I haven't seen the medical reports but I'd have been more than willing to gamble on that talent with a late day 3 pick.

Ben vansumeren.  😎

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Got that part. Just saying his PS performance was nothing special. Against backups no less. 

11 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Watching the McAfee show...  

Josh Allen is on and called Shorter a "gunner"....  :)

2 minutes ago, Yantha said:

Watching the McAfee show...  

Josh Allen is on and called Shorter a "gunner"....  :)

Yea he is but judging by pre-season not a very good one. 

For the "special teams don't matter" crowd it has been a tough pre-season watching Shorter struggle to fill Taiwan Jones's left gunner spot leading to two big returns and two weeks in a row seeing backups blow in the wing protection role that Gilliam does so well leading to punt blocks. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Kind of a surprise. Brian Daboll has entered the chat.

Doesn't surprise me at all.  Watched their last preseason game and he played late into the second half.  Doesn't get separation in his routes.  He's not crisp.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.