The 3 Kincaid catches- we have another elite weapon on o

JerseyBills

4 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Looks like three views of one catch, but it does look nice. 

I don't think so, the first one the tackler in the front takes out his legs at the thigh, the other two are different. Also looks like the first he is tackled on the logo, so around midfield, second starts around the 20.

Crazy how similar all three look, he's so smooth and consistent in his movements, it's pretty wild.

Edit: actually I think the second and third shot are the same catch, but the first one is different!

Edited by HardyBoy
  • Agree 4

He has looked good so far. But what he has done thus far I would expect from most NFL prospects. Catching passes 1-1 vs a LB is expected, not unique. Hoping and expect to see more as the season progress that shows he is an elite pass catching TE. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, HardyBoy said:

Crazy how similar all three look, he's so smooth and consistent in his movements, it's pretty wild.

Two catches.  It is amazing.  They look the same.  Looks like if he gets free release off the line, he's tough to guard.  I wonder how he looks when he gets jammed. 

• Like (+1) 2

I'm no scout, I leave that up to the experts like @GunnerBill. All I know is that when I watched some of his college tape it was plainly obvious to me that he was going to be successful in the NFL. The fluidity of his routes, the fluidity of his run after catch, the catching ability, the instincts to find gaps in zone defense. For the life of me I couldn't find a single reason to think he would fail in the NFL, as long as he stays healthy. Never thought he would drop to us. Couldn't be happier we got him.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 6

26 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Two catches.  It is amazing.  They look the same.  Looks like if he gets free release off the line, he's tough to guard.  I wonder how he looks when he gets jammed. 

Yep. When he gets jammed and how he looks vs zone or switching coverages. We have seen him beat LB in man coverage which he can clearly do, but lest see what we have in store when the real deal starts. 

As a guy from Utah, who hated Kincaid...ONLY b/c he played for Utah (lol ...BYU fan here), it is undeniable how talented he is. I was happy to see him move on. You have mega consistency, and sure hands with him. He really has all the tools and will be a star I believe (judging from watching lots of his college games) It was home run draft pick, imo...NOW I love the guy!  Being a sports fan can be complicated sometimes. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I think this thread of a great example of how biased fans are for their own team and players. That includes myself. 

Kincaid makes a few pre season catches and he gets praise, accolades, and optimism is through the roof. Kincaid is unproven in the NFL. Tight ends generally are slow developing in the NFL. Remember all the hype about Pitts? Engram? 

The Bills get throttled by Pitt and several players looked like dog poop, mediocre, subpar, etc...Fans responses are it's only pre season, there's time for improvement, he can get in shape, he can get coached up, he just had a bad game. Come on now! 

What a paradox. Cherry picking is what we do. 

He dropped for a reason. Let that sink in too. 

He's no sure thing especially with Dorsey calling plays. 

He's unproven and I'm going to hope for the best. He certainly can be a weapon. I just have to temper my expectations on a rookie TE who played at Utah. 

You are one of the three worst posters here. 

Kincaid's tape shows a ton of high upside, unteachable traits at every level of his career and through each stage of the offseason. The bills' tape of one quarter of one preseason game wasn't half as bad as the 15,000 posts wailing about it suggested. You pretend that your kin didn't absolutely take over and destroy the quality of the board over that steelers game. You are a complete midwit of the most miserable variety. Brainlet analogy

Edited by arcane
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Let's hope it's not similar as he looks when he blocks...

giphy.gif

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 2

11 minutes ago, arcane said:

You are one of the three worst posters here. 

Kincaid's tape shows a ton of high upside, unteachable traits at every level of his career and through each stage of the offseason. The bills' tape of one quarter of one preseason game wasn't half as bad as the 15,000 posts wailing about it suggested. You pretend that your kin didn't absolutely take over and destroy the quality of the board over that steelers game. You are a complete midwit of the most miserable variety. Brainlet analogy

You are completely entitled to your opinion. No offense taken whatsoever. Nevertheless, I stand by what I said. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

41 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

He dropped for a reason.

He dropped because of a back injury he suffered near the end of his senior year which kept him sidelined throughout the offseason - he didn't participate at his pro day or the combine. His talent as a player was undeniable. There was once another TE that fell in the draft because of a back injury. He ended up having a pretty decent career.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 7

Just trying to keep it real. I think Kincaid will be a solid TE. He is never going to be the complete block and catch TE but will be more of Engram TE. But many are talking like he was Lebron James. Reality is he started focusing on football late. He went to University of San Diego (not SD State) because he was not recruited and only played in one game as a Freshman. Sophomore year he played in 4 games. This was at a really small school. He then transferred to Utah which was a big upgrade. As a Junior he played in 5 games and had one catch. Then in his Senior year played 14 games with 36 catches. That was his first legit good year. Based on this he stuck around for a 5th year senior season and exploded which is what got him drafted. The hype is mostly based on this one big season, not years of him being the next Kelce. All this said he has potential to be a good TE. I like the pick. I have wanted a legit TE receiving threat for years. But lets slow down the talk of him being a sure thing, his 3 easy preseason catches show is all world unique game altering skills, etc. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

https://reddit.com/r/buffalobills/s/nZs597j0p8

Just so smooth and hands of glue. Him and Knox are going to cause problems for defenses 

If mods want to merge , do it up. Looks like a top TE , seasoned vet 

He has the potential, for sure. It will be interesting to see how he responds when a defense schemes ways to try and take him out of the gameplan. It will be interesting to see how he develops his game over the season and into next year. There is definitely cause for excitement and optimism with him.

I'll also be watching closely how and what his usage is. How often Josh looks for him when there's a big moment in the game or if a play breaks down and Kincaid has to improvise. I don't care about his blocking as much. That's not what he's here for IMO. 

I'm also interested to see how he responds to his "welcome to the NFL" moment or moments. Will it drive him to get better or make him question his self confidence? 

While I agree he has the potential to be a truly special player in the NFL there is still a road to get there that he has yet to travel.

• Thank you (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I'm no scout, I leave that up to the experts like @GunnerBill. All I know is that when I watched some of his college tape it was plainly obvious to me that he was going to be successful in the NFL. The fluidity of his routes, the fluidity of his run after catch, the catching ability, the instincts to find gaps in zone defense. For the life of me I couldn't find a single reason to think he would fail in the NFL, as long as he stays healthy. Never thought he would drop to us. Couldn't be happier we got him.

Since we technically traded up he didn't fall to us we went and grabbed him as smoothly as he catches those passes.  Gotta love the Dallas disappointment.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Just trying to keep it real. I think Kincaid will be a solid TE. He is never going to be the complete block and catch TE but will be more of Engram TE. But many are talking like he was Lebron James. Reality is he started focusing on football late. He went to University of San Diego (not SD State) because he was not recruited and only played in one game as a Freshman. Sophomore year he played in 4 games. This was at a really small school. He then transferred to Utah which was a big upgrade. As a Junior he played in 5 games and had one catch. Then in his Senior year played 14 games with 36 catches. That was his first legit good year. Based on this he stuck around for a 5th year senior season and exploded which is what got him drafted. The hype is mostly based on this one big season, not years of him being the next Kelce. All this said he has potential to be a good TE. I like the pick. I have wanted a legit TE receiving threat for years. But lets slow down the talk of him being a sure thing, his 3 easy preseason catches show is all world unique game altering skills, etc. 

I’m not slowing down sh*t, I know what I’m seeing and I’m saying LFG !!!

But by all means, slow roll as you wish.

• Like (+1) 1

By the way, since when did "smooth" become a major positive attribute for a receiver?  I don't recall anyone calling any great receiver "smooth."   Maybe Jerry Rice was smooth, but since then, who's smooth?  Diggs?  Debo Samuel?  Kelce?  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

The Big Smooooooooth!!!

I appreciate the excitement for a nickname…But to me, a good nickname has to be clever, and typically with a double meaning…

For example “The Juice” for OJ…or “The Electric Company” for the OL because they provided the electricity for OJ (The Juice)…or “The Thermanator” combining Thomas’ name with the Termanator…

All those classic nicknames were great because of their clever double meaning…

This is why I advocate for “Swole Beasley”, because Kincaid basically plays a similar position as Cole, has the similar way of getting open, but is just bigger…👍

32 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Thank you for this post. This is exactly what I'm trying to convey. 

You said it so well. 

31 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

He has the potential, for sure. It will be interesting to see how he responds when a defense schemes ways to try and take him out of the gameplan. It will be interesting to see how he develops his game over the season and into next year. There is definitely cause for excitement and optimism with him.

I'll also be watching closely how and what his usage is. How often Josh looks for him when there's a big moment in the game or if a play breaks down and Kincaid has to improvise. I don't care about his blocking as much. That's not what he's here for IMO. 

I'm also interested to see how he responds to his "welcome to the NFL" moment or moments. Will it drive him to get better or make him question his self confidence? 

While I agree he has the potential to be a truly special player in the NFL there is still a road to get there that he has yet to travel.

Realism is greatly appreciated! 

• Vomit 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I appreciate the excitement for a nickname…But to me, a good nickname has to be clever, and typically with a double meaning…

For example “The Juice” for OJ…or “The Electric Company” for the OL because they provided the electricity for OJ (The Juice)…or “The Thermanator” combining Thomas’ name with the Termanator…

This is why I advocate for “Swole Beasley”, because Kincaid basically plays a similar position as Cole, has the similar way of getting open, but is just bigger…👍

I don't care for Swole Beasley, due to another players name. But!

I do like your theory for what makes a great nickname. 

There's a long list for sure, but Walter Payton "Sweetness" he had sweet moves and was a great humanitarian, one example of a great nickname using your criteria. 

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

By the way, since when did "smooth" become a major positive attribute for a receiver?  I don't recall anyone calling any great receiver "smooth."   Maybe Jerry Rice was smooth, but since then, who's smooth?  Diggs?  Debo Samuel?  Kelce?  

Kelce is smooth. That is who Kincaid's movement and understanding of leverage reminds me of. A big part of Kelce's greatness is that he and Mahomes are always on the same page. We know how good the offense looked when Allen and Beasley were always on the same page. Now add 8 inches and 65 pounds to that player.

I think the kid is a natural football player. The main knock on him I've seen is that most TEs take a year or two to acclimate to the pros. I just think he is an exception. For someone that started playing football later in life he has elite instincts as far as making himself available to his QB. His ability to find the gap in zone coverage, catch the ball, then immediately turn his hips and start running in the most efficient direction while still securing the catch is something I've only ever seen from Kelce.

• Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

DK2 is enough for me.  He is the second DK on the team to Knox

Then the DK2 semi-automatic is the natural progression for the no=huddles that Dorsey should be implementing because of Kincaid mismatches.  The DK2 semi-automatic is the progression/improvement from the years ago K-gun based on the TE.

48 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

It will be interesting to see how he responds when a defense schemes ways to try and take him out of the gameplan.

Yeah his next test will be facing off against slot CBs and safeties, and that is how teams are going to defend him. The nice thing is if we're in 12 personnel and the opponent puts a slot CB out there that gives us an advantage in the run game. And I think Kincaid's hip fluidity will still give him a good chance to break open against DBs. Biggest thing I want to see is how he fares when jammed at the line, it's the one lingering question about his game.

Having two high level TEs is a cheat code, especially when their skill sets complement each other as well as Kincaid and Knox. It's exceedingly rare for teams to find that kind of ideal combination. I am sure the advantages of that system will far outweigh any kinks Kincaid has to work out of his game in his rookie year.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Cache said:

As a guy from Utah, who hated Kincaid...ONLY b/c he played for Utah (lol ...BYU fan here), it is undeniable how talented he is. I was happy to see him move on. You have mega consistency, and sure hands with him. He really has all the tools and will be a star I believe (judging from watching lots of his college games) It was home run draft pick, imo...NOW I love the guy!  Being a sports fan can be complicated sometimes. 

BYU doesn't play Utah every year anymore, right? Or did they start that up again?

15 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

DK2 is enough for me.  He is the second DK on the team to Knox

Then the DK2 semi-automatic is the natural progression for the no=huddles that Dorsey should be implementing because of Kincaid mismatches.  The DK2 semi-automatic is the progression/improvement from the years ago K-gun based on the TE.

I prefer the Caid-gun offense myself, but  am on-board a progression from the K-gun offense.

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

marvin harrison

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

Dalton "the other Dalton" Kincaid

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

Swayze

(but for the record, a nickname has to be organic.   Like "Peanut" or "Pork Chop" or "Boogie" or "The Fridge."  That's why you can never give yourself one.  Like nobody ever thought to call you that until that one moment.  And then it was just perfect.  Now i cant not call you that.  And i'll probably forget your real name, soon.)

Edited by maddenboy

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.